Introducing Microsoft's new "Fluent" design system

Introducing Microsoft's new "Fluent" design system.
> mfw it's a literal pile of inconsistent shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vcBGj4R7Fo0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is it floating

They can't actually be serious about this file explorer.

> No way to even close the window
> Huge ass sidebar with much wasted space

Also
> Cursor as big as a baby's hand

I think you forgot
>no tabs

hmm, was this presented at BUILD? couldn't watch it today unfortunately.

anyway, doesn't look too bad imo, need to see more.

looks like some new renderer with a light source on the left, with a little bit of noise effect, reminds me of the blender renderer.

got any more pictures?

It really looks like a shitty custom linux GUI.

hmm, looks worse than the OP picture desu

i agree

I am an autist and not a designer. I think it looks k, but not great. Can you tell me why is it worse than what they already got?

it's part of a long term strategy to offer windows as a streaming webapp service.
you need that kind of a gui for that to work.
stop being so 2015

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE WINDOWS 98

is this for windows 11 or something? or windows 10 update?

They're doing headerbars now too xD

is...is that whole UI made of business cardstock and a resin miniature?

Microsoft what the actual fuck?

>Microsoft
>design

nice deviantart concepts there f.a.m

>can't close a window without using the mouse
please leave this board now

10/10 daviant art wish windovs would implament this

There won't be any Windows 11, just rolling release Windows 10 updates.

>forward slashes

nani?!

Who else here unironically likes it?

This is so stupid, they seem to be spending more time making the UI look pretty in screenshots and videos rather than make it actually useable for people who use computers.

Here the video of it in action youtu.be/vcBGj4R7Fo0

is so minimalist that it even has a table to put it on

I think it looks very nice. Can't w8 to replic8 it on my lin8x mach8ne :^)

*not even

How come Pajeets have shit UI design?

Isn't every Linux theme flat shit now? I miss the gradients.

oh dear god

UI styling looks kinda nice, apart from that extremely heavy drop shadow in the destination navigator on the left.

But jesus the UX looks like it's going to be pure shit.

black cursor?
lol... took MS 30 years to finally copy Mac completely.

Pajeets, Koreans and Chinese all tend to have shit design in general, everything has to be loud and overly decorated.

Looks good, I dig it. Is this legit or some kind of mockup they physically constructed? I always liked the idea of subtle texture in the UI. And I mean subtle, not like the old OS X shit.

It looks like it was made for fucking touchscreens.

Are they trying to regress back into Windows 8's shitty start menu again?

This looks fairly ok, maybe a bit weird but at the very least it's not a 20 year old fucking file manager flattened

I can't get over the fact that Windows 10 has shit font rendering compared to both linux and macOS, a pretty shitty theme that reeks of laziness and overall nothing to offer that Windows 7 doesn't. Wow you can snap windows to corners. Who the fuck cares?

you can scroll without pressing the window tho

this is windows, everything is done with a fucking mouse

You can do that on every OS that is not Windows, AND you can use KatMouse on older versions of Windows.

Really all the things that it has are more like minor additions that were supposed to be there a decade ago.

the UI itself is decent, but the rainmeter tier bullshit is not

touchscreen*

Will Microsoft ever stop stealing UI ideas from GNU/Linux? Don't they have enough money to hire a few graphic designers?

>translucent parts without blur
Why? Can't Gnome Shell do blur?

>Why is it floating

>Microsoft what the actual fuck?

>It looks like it was made for fucking touchscreens.

VR. It's all made for VR.

>those icons
give them color and it doesn't look like some edgy mid 00's neo-retro tech fetishist bullshit

What kind of meme is this. Why the fuck would you use your computer in vr for general stuff.

Why would you use a touchscreen interface on a desktop?

Who knows. Decisions at microsoft don't seem to have much reason or sense applied to them.

Of course it can, you can apply any shader you want. Although imho both translucent and blur effects are ugly.

>implying

Looks like that shit I made on a design exam. I didn't pass.

Implying what?

Most people can't remember the icons you posted.

eat shit. better than minimalist everything white bullshit

Most people probably don't know what this icon represents.

I switched to Linux last week. Honestly it's 10 times better than Windows. Grow up.

It was Linux users who pioneered material design. Flat shit was the shit on Sup Forums before the corporations picked up on it.

A one eyed man with a cool moustache looking left

I like it.
I fucking hate material design

KEK

> Sup Forums complains about Win10 inconsistent design
> Microsoft plans to release an update to fix this
> Sup Forums still complains about it

stfu bitch boi

>fix
they're going to add to the problem, 10/10 guarantee that there will still be wildly different context menus

14 design paradigms that will make you say "fuck being able to distinguish controls from one another and shit"

topkek

Just use adwaita, imo it looks fantastic.

this. i don't know why microsoft insists on doing everything half-assed. if you're going to update the ui, take a note from apple and do everything at once. updating things piece-meal sends mixed signals to developers who don't know what design language to stick to and ultimately confuses non-tech-literate consumers more because they have to re-learn ui after every update, instead of all at once.

just use ambiance :%)

Linux has done this for decades now, as well as virtual desktops and microsoft didn't even add these features until 10 because they finally see linux as maybe posing a threat.

that shade of grey unironically reminds me of win95-2000

>I have no idea why anyone would want to have more screen space available, so here are some giant fucking bezels on your window decorations
>fuck it, let's make shadows big and distracting, too!
>want a fucking colorful polygon? why the hell not!?
>you know what will never distract from anything, ever? more fucking shadows
>oh, hell, let's just stick a tiny lake in the computer too
>btw good luck using backgrounds that don't employ some bullshit depth effect, fagz
and after all that bullshit, applications not released on the windows store will STILL use the same basic UI since XP, because it juss werkz and doesn't take a dedicated GPU to render

I will admit that the calculator is pretty fuckin sexy tho

i think this is concept ui for hololens, though, so it makes it somehwat more acceptable. not by much, though.

God, those Icons are awful.

KEK
E
K

>concept ui for hololens
why would they still use decorations to close windows then? why not use gestures?

Jesus fuck MS, that looks like a parody.

>someone using my pic

its a strange feel

It looks like it'll provide an amazing experience to all users.

>those comments

Now THAT looks like absolute crap
Looks like it was made for hololens thugh

I very much agree, Anonymous.

they're all pajeets

>in action
Gonna have to call bullshit there, it just looks like typical pre-rendered marketing hype bullshit to me.

check out those lighting

Looks better than current windows 10

Looks like something from the cube era.

I'm not even sure what that's supposed to even be accomplishing
>2 clocks and 3 date indicators

>ms stealing 10 year old linux crap

Because their 90% pajeet workforce don't know how to work with DLLs that all the other interfaces use.
I wish I was joking.

Windows 10 is a hack on Windows 8 is a hack on Windows 7.
And I don't mean the funny joke about Windows through the years, I mean literally hacks on top of shit.
Windows 10 is a wrapper OS, essentially.
It's like Android + TouchJizz on top of it, but even worse since at least TouchJizz is consistent.
This is why all the "super cool new features" are totally incompatible with older stuff and why the entirety of the Windows 10 is separate.
2 competing OSes since Win Vista onwards.

All the good developers, just like with Google, left the company years ago and started their own companies.
Very few of them remain there.
The ones that do are mainly in discrete areas, like VR, AI, all the not-OS areas.

Go away you crazy Mexican!

looks like one of those shitty user-created KDE themes lol

now it's just consistently shit

Looks like shit, as expected of MicroPajeet.

microsoft will include apps with new design, on top of existeng apps, like they did with windows 8/10. Windows will have like 4 music players, 3 internet browsers , 4 different control panels and so on included.