Wanted a PC, ended up getting a mac cause Im majoring in graphic design. I still wanna play games though...

Wanted a PC, ended up getting a mac cause Im majoring in graphic design. I still wanna play games though. How well would overwatch or any other game run on a mac with windows software installed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UXg0e8RPvZo
winehq.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=Of1NiaQ-ZkI
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You'd get about 10 fps, not worth it imo
Stick to sucking dicks

Just dual boot with windows

Epic

>windows

A Mac is a personal computer though he he ;~)

>I bought a microwave but I also want to have a rib eye steak grilled on a BBQ
you can't have your cake and eat it m8

>getting a mac because graphic design
I don't understand the correlation
that's like buying *specific make of car* because you want to drive to the store

its what all the professors recommend because images can get screwed u converting from jpg to jpeg and vice versa

Shit b8 m8

If it ran with OSX obviously, but is it the same even if I dual boot?

Macs are what nearly all graphic designers use

because nearly all graphic designers are gullible hipsters that prioritize their own image of success

thats true, though my dad was the one spending the money. I told him a pc would probably work just as well but I got stuck with this. Will games work at all if I dual boot though?

I can't tell if you're literal bait or just dense.
How about you dual boot the system and see for yourself.
Or, failing that, google your mac model and get thousands of other people like you talking about the same shit.

cause I dont have the system or know the model yet. I know its gonna be a new model, probably a pro if that helps.

It won't happen. At all. Slap your father in the face, take the money and mount yourself a PC.

better plan than no plan

>sell it or refund
>build a PC that's 10x more powerful
Even if you sell it for 50% you still get so much better PC for that money.

I have the money to build one as is, problem is Im going to school to far away for having a desktop to make any sense. Id probably need to get a razor laptop or something. I guess I can save up and get one later.

get a laptop with a nice cpu and preferrably upgradable ram/ssd
then get an external gpu enclosure and a desktop gpu
plop it on your desk in your dorm and plug it in for gaming
you still have a lightweight quiet laptop for classes
it's an overpriced solution but you were gonna buy a mac anyway

that sounds doable

actually a good idea if money isn't an issue, lets you upgrade your gpu any time assuming the enclosure is still relevant

Depends on what Mac, the newest model with the Radeon Pro 460 probably maxes Overwatch at 60fps when not playing at 2880x1800.

>t. mactoddler

It should run fine

It only runs on Windows though so you need to dual boot or something

you could've literally googled this
youtube.com/watch?v=UXg0e8RPvZo

>Graphic Design is a major
>Not just something easly self taught as a hobby here.

t. Graphic Designer with 2 non related degrees.

I like your picture, but you should have posted the full size!

Just sell the mac ahd build a computer, all your stupid child problems solved

overwatch only works on windows

Film editing is the one and only reason why anyone should ever get a mac

>Film editing
lmao

I have no clue how this thread has 31 replies and nobody has mentioned Wine.

winehq.org/

With that program, you can run Windows programs on OS X. It's not worth dual-booting just to run a couple Windows programs.

The real problem you're gonna have with a Mac, and I'm assuming you mean Macbook, will be the performance. If you got a regular Macbook or an Air, you won't be able to play OW comfortably. If you have a MBP, though, it should be a little better.

This video: youtube.com/watch?v=Of1NiaQ-ZkI shows how the cheapest current MBP handles Overwatch. Not too bad if you're desperate I suppose. Definitely playable, just a horrible resolution and FPS drops when things get crazy. I'm sure you've heard it before, but Macs are not gaming machines. Not this generation anyway. Unless you're playing little indie games. But since you said you've already got the computer I figured I might as well help you.

Remember, Wine. Good luck.