Good deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/review/1155-affordable-dual-xeon-pc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>dell
>good deal

top kek

pretty much this op
i absolutely hate those cases too, the handles are nice but otherwise they're complete shit

t. have Precision T5600

I wanted something affordable that can handle 128 GB of RAM. I need it for science and shit.

It's heavy as fuck. My hands are still tired from carrying for 9 km to my home.

> 2x e5-2670 v1 = $70 x 2
> 64 gb ddr3 = 8x8gb ecc 1333mhz = $10-13 per stick
> dual socket mobo = $200
> random gtx or amd card = $100-300

so no OP, you are fucking retarded and a fucking faggot. You can get 2-3x the performance for a third of the price

techspot.com/review/1155-affordable-dual-xeon-pc/

The only reason to buy a dell or any other OEM computer is if you're too lazy/stupid to build it yourself.

I don't have time. I need to run my simulations again asap with changed parameters and this PC was available in my city today.

Dell ship two PSU on that thing, be careful that you don't end up with the low power one, it may not be able to drive a GPU that requires 2x8 pin or a 8+6.

Dell is fine. Especially their corporate stuff. Only really worth it if used or bought from their outlet for a huge discount though.

Rent aws?

Fucking nvidia driver killed my fresh linux installation. What is this?! 2006???

Yup

Needs an extra bay, but I like the toolless approach Dell uses and the handle rules. otherwise, terrible case for modding.

Then why 64GB? Pricey upgrade now as you'll have to replace all the memory with bigger chips.

or you want real support or just generally nicer system than the garbage gamer-oriented whitebox market of 2017 provides you
>nb4 "but mommy bought me an inspiron when I was 12 and i didn't like it!!!!!!"

Look at Z800's

>Then why 64GB?
Because they sold a 64 GB model for that price and 12 month warranty.

no, it's just linux

>My hands are still tired from carrying for 9 km to my home
>carrying for 9 km

what the fuck

I was under influence so no cars for me.
I used my trusty Ikea bag. They can fit almost any PC.

>Then why 64GB?
Entire human genome only needs 32 GB. I'll be fine.

Too expensive.

Also
owning > renting

Fuck the cloud.

I like you.

>science
That's how shitposting on Sup Forums spells now... Good.

Why the hell would I use a 300+ W machine for shitposting when I can do this on a 3 W raspberry pi? I seriously need to do some research.

Can I run games on Nvidia Quadro cards?