Hey Sup Forums I need some help

Hey Sup Forums I need some help
My job needs me to learn well... Sup Forums stuff,
I work with Citrix and write tickets, I can fix missing drives, and restart interfaces
That's pretty much it

I don't want to get the axe guys, I could really use some direction in what I should learn to be able to do/use

Literally anything would be good, I just don't have good idea of where to start
Please anything

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/learning/microsoft-certified-professional.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Sup Forums stuff
how about you fucking specify? and if you can't you deserve to lose your job so someone more qualified can get it

Literally anything
What's a good language to start learning programming, what's a good OS to learn how to use and mess with,
I just don't know what to ask honestly...

I'm telling you, a push in the right direction for anything would be helpful

>1st language
freecodecamp.com or codeacademy.com they're shit but it's a place to start
>OS
unless you live under a rock, you understand Windoze at least. So get babby loonix (ubuntu) and start fucking around

Awesome, anything else I should start messing around with?

Lol fuck you I hope you get fired. You obviously have no real desire to learn or you would have done it by now. Go save everyone some time and quit your job and find something you enjoy enough to give a fuck about it.

Excuse a guy for wanting to keep his job, I'm not asking you to teach me, just tell me some things I should look at so I can learn it on my own

These are questions you should be asking your manager and more senior peers.

Do you know anything about partitioning and network configuration?

What Sup Forums stuff in particular? It ain't rocket science, but a good generalist has atleast 5 yrs experience with networks and systems.

Or do they just need you to do helpdesk, as in OS troubleshooting?

This is what they told me to do...
No, I assume I should look into how to do both of those.

More helpdesk-y type stuff like that, but networks and systems would be really good to learn, they've specifically asked me if I knew networking (which I don't clearly) but yeah

I presumed based on Citrix and you mentioning interfaces that you work with software for server arrays i.e. what Citrix makes.

It would help if you actually told us what your job title is and what exactly people have told you to learn...

take an online CCNA course. If you find it hard downgrade to network+.

They literally told you to come to Sup Forums and ask what to learn? Come on dude what did they say specifically?

microsoft.com/en-us/learning/microsoft-certified-professional.aspx

I work at American helpdesk,
I'm overnight "supervisor"

And like I said in OP, I restart interfaces, fix missing drives on other computers, but mostly write trouble tickets
Problem is I'm probably the weakest link in the company and need to learn more stuff.

One of the guys told me to "just learn stuff, like I went on Google and just poked around with it all and that's how I learned, I need you to do something similar and get on our level"

I'll look into both

it sounds like the company has outgrown your skillset, and they likely will can you unless you show serious initiative to learn. take a class or something, self-learning is clearly not your learning style. unless you're under 20.

Subjects to cover with basic networking;

>The OSI layers.
>Configuration of interfaces and other network equipment.
>Whatever the software you're supposed to give support for does networking wise.
>Networking protocols.

The most important thing I think you should do is learn about the software you have to support,
Some of the stuff i mentioned may be irrelevant to specifically what you're doing after all

this.

also, the job description OP listed is pretty ripe for automation

It really has, and they will unless I do learn this stuff, and I have too, I just turned 22

Awesome thanks, I'll look into all of these
It's supposed to be everyone independent and not heavily relying on others whereas