How would Sup Forums create an "unhackable system"?

How would Sup Forums create an "unhackable system"?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/neiltyson/status/551378648578916353
groups.engin.umd.umich.edu/CIS/course.des/cis400/c/hworld.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this real? Does this nigger really run his mouth like this?

He does run his mouth a lot but this seems a little too stupid.

Destroy the computer. You can't hack it if it doesn't even work.

if the system has no inputs, it isn't hackable

Air gap with no human interaction. Ever.
The biggest exploit is, and will always be social engineering. People have no idea how willing everyone is to hand over their data and grant access to people with malic
malicious activities.
In short, a secure computer is an unusable computer.

He got really cocky for being a half-black, half-puerto rican male from a shitskin neighborhood in NYC who happens to be really good at astrophysics so he thinks he knows it all. That's what happens when you grow up surrounded by 80 IQ's while being 130+

he just throws around the word "system" lmfao. what an idiot

Condense said system to the point where it creates a singularity. Event horizon firewall #1.

>>with malic
>>malicious activities.
>malic
>malum
>Latin for apple
>Apple Computers
Hmmmm

>How would Sup Forums create an "unhackable system"?
I would follow in OpenBSD's footsteps, provide no software or drivers. If you never have a reason to turn the system on, you run no risk of getting hacked.

>>malic
>>malum
>>Latin for apple
>>malicious
Apple-licious.

Neil deGrasse Tyson isn't a computer scientist: he is an astrophysicist.

Afrophysicist.

TempleOS

>build entire OS from the ground up
>own kernel, own compiler, everything
>No networking

It isn't backdoored, and it can't be connected to by another computer, that's pretty much unhackable.

>inb4 muh hardware backdoors

Yep it's real. And he's right.
twitter.com/neiltyson/status/551378648578916353

The better question is why does Sup Forums mock science that goes against your right-wing fantasies? Why do you mock one of the smartest men to have lived in the past 200 years just because reality is biased towards the democratic national committee?

Kek

>dude just make unhackable systems
Dude just make lightspeed ships if you wanna study space

>Smartest men to have lived in the past 200 years
>Celebrity status
Pick 1

Easy. All shit stored on the server.

>no local storage, wired network boot only
>All USB,SATA,PCIe ripped out of workstations
>no wifi
>server room security detail 24/7
>workers monitored by CCTV
>no phones or data devices allowed on site
>perimeter security to prevent eavesdropping
>no contractors, vetted permies only

If it's work securing your shit it can be done.

>dude fuck science, fuck genius black men who are threatening our fragile little white boy egos, we are racist right-wingers

how would you go about creating an unhackable system then

You haven't provided any solutions for how to make hack proof systems, you're just baiting. And that's fine, but if you have actual input to give you stand to make a huge fortune

Human error is the cause of the majority of breaches.
Phishing scams are far more lucrative, and much more efficient, than actually finding vulnerabilities.

>Replying to shit bait
You're dumber than the average nigger

Start with open source firmware.

>Obama expresses concern over increasing casualties in middle east conflict.
>Solution there, it seems to me, is to create eternal life.

By not having a system. Duh

Notice how my every post in this thread poking at the fragility of white boy egos instantly gets several replies. Tyson is an actual quantifiable threat to their perception of themselves, as well as to the white conservative stranglehold on science holding us back.

I can't tell you how happy I am that we will all live to see the day you've been dinosaur'd in the shadow of a new and colorful america that reaches for progress, and yes, unhackable systems.

Nigga I want you to think about what you just said.

Have a good, long, hard, think.

Airgapped machines, so machines that are non networked. With no human interaction.

Machines that cannot communicate with each other, and no one to provide computation instructions. Since it's airgapped it's not going to get them from another machine.

So tell me, what the fuck does this machine do?

Are you retarded?

>So tell me, what the fuck does this machine do?
I'll tell you what it doesn't do. Get hacked.

>still no suggestion of how to create hack proof systems

Hey matey here's an idea that's not a try hard maymay; how about you take any flavour of any Linux, ever, and say, remove the networking components. It's not terribly hard.

I don't care what he is. Him asking to create an unhackable system is impossible unless it's off the grid entirely and just people taking notes and passing them along to each other. If you have a device that can access the internet, it can be hacked. If it can follow instructions, it can be hacked. No one cares that he's black, what matters is that he's running his mouth about something that he has no business in talking about.

Come again? This guy knows astrophysics to the same degree of a first year undergrad.

Kek.

Yes, constantly.

Don't plug it into a network

I don't have an unhackable system. But it took a Black man to present the IDEA of CREATING an unhackable system.

Why do white males have difficulty comprehending out of the box concepts? the very idea of moving forward, progressing, seems to cause physical pain to you.

So then, you have nothing to add to the conversation but racism? Excellent.

Stop responding to shit bait. Please don't prove that Sup Forums is the easiest board to troll.

Interesting matey. Let's have a chat about this regular ass network you've created.

What are you going to do about email? It's a critical aspect of government communication. How are you going to deal with distributed intranet applications that are mission critical? What about plain old regular internet access? Are you simply going to cut it off? Well then how does your email work? What are you going to secure your WAN with?

No contractors? Wow ok cool, so where are you getting these people from? You are aware, that most contractors have higher levels of clearance than government? Would you like to know why?

Because the government doesn't want to pay for vetting. Oh you think it's done internally? Vetting is outsourced. It's just a government face slapped onto a business.

Back to my previous point, why do contractors have higher clearances? Because companies are happy to pony up the 50k per human being it takes for base level clearance. The costs compound infinetly once you add higher levels, and combine more staff.

So mr security expert, please demonstrate how you would mitigate these issues.

Fucking idiot thinking sec has a magic bullet solution.

Just write it in rust :DDD

Man nothing is unhackable, it was stupid of him to say that. He should know better, in the day and age when we are hacking genes with CRISPR. Anything manmade is trivial to deal with compared to that.

>out of the box concepts
Mother fucker, I don't care if Trump or Sanders were asking for an unhackable system. It's something that cannot exist because it defies the logic of system inputs and command protocols. If something can't be hacked, it can't be told what to do either. You can only fellate yourself on "OH MY GOD, HE'S BLACK, HOW DARE YOU?!?!" because you're obsessed with him. Fuck off faggot.

Bazinga!

But it is, with the influx of nu-Sup Forumstards.

Refer to the picture in You can't grasp any of the ideas I'm elucidatin to your folks in my postings. It's not your fault but I am sorry we couldn't enlighten together in science.

Are you, faggot? If it's airgapped it has no communication between machines. So it's not networked. If you say it's an "internal network only" hey guess what! It's not airgapped, fuck face.

Har har har got me good. You're not wrong.

>If it's airgapped it has no communication between machines
Exactly, you can't hack what you can't connect to.

disconnect from internet, destroy any and all antennae

Bitcoin is unhackable. There's a marriage registration in the blockchain. Go ahead and hack it and undo the information. I'll wait.

>first year undergrad
Yes, they often release multiple books and research papers and receive multiple awards in the field they work. Stop using your anus as your mouth.

I give 0 shits about gender, people call me feminist for it but I simply have everybody equally.
What I'm saying is, you can't make something unbreakable, not possible, there is always a way to crack the code. If not something else, the heat-death of the universe will get rid of it.

Realistically if you were to write all your own software and never incorporate any networking capabilities, and monitored everyone who used your devices you'd have a pretty tough system. Not unhackable, but relatively strong. However it wouldn't be useful for much.

>I give 0 shits about gender, people call me feminist for it but I simply have everybody equally.
things that didn't happen for 1000000

If a country like North Korea would put all of its resources into it, they could disturb the services, even if not actually destroying or stealing any data.

Local network, no internet.

ez

>It isn't backdoored
top kek, he writes it on Ubuntu

Prove me wrong then. I don't discriminate against men because I can understand them, and I don't hate on women because I like to fuck them. There both genders, the rest is mental illness.

So they could DDOS over 7000 separate targets when spinning up a new node is literally a single line of code? No they couldn't. And a DDOS isn't hacking.

btw gender != sex. They're different words. Not sure how you confused them they're not even close to being spelled the same nor do they sound alike. Maybe try repeating primary school?

The code was written by humans, so there is a buffer overflow in there somewhere. Just gotta find it.

Do you know what a synonym is?

What are you talking about? I addressed them, like I already wrote, the rest is mental illness.

>physicist
>hates getting physical
bazooka

Two can play the poorly sourced jumble of words game

groups.engin.umd.umich.edu/CIS/course.des/cis400/c/hworld.html

There's an example C program written by a human. Find the buffer overflow

>these niggers don't rate pbs spacetime
Sad!

I think the bitcoin stack has a couple more lines more than this. (Also if I compile this with gcc the end result may surprise you.)

You also can't use it.

Doesn't matter. You said if a program was written by a human, that there is a buffer overflow in it. I don't believe you, and presented you an example to change my mind. It's nice and short so prove me wrong.

You're an autist.

I wish people would create unshiposteable websites.

garbage bait

I didn't say if A program was written by a human, I was talking about the code you brought up, not speaking about all code ever written.

No, he's going off your second point; airgap it, and then prevent anyone from using it. You're a fucking idiot.

Got you to respond

You are legitimately autistic. This isn't meant to be an insult, just breaking the news to you that you are on the spectrum

So you're just making baseless assumptions. Got it.

easy, just unplug the Ethernet chord.

>it's just a le trolle
Funny how that's the only rebuttal white males can give to a strong black man doing 1000x more science than any of them will ever see in a lifetime

If that suits your view of the world.

Something based on the MINIX kernel maybe? Or the hurd

>How would Sup Forums create an "unhackable system"?
By coding the way the OpenBSD team does
Or by not using C and filling the systems with a shitload of mitigations for everything
He writes TempleOS on TempleOS, the system was bootstrapped on DOS decades ago
He only runs it in Ubuntu to stream and interact with the NIST Random Beacon and other randomness sources, otherwise he runs it on bare metal on an older machine of his

if (he_try_to_burgle_computer)
{
stopprocess();
disconnectinternetten();
}

Why not it work? I don't see why not.

>He only runs it in Ubuntu to stream and interact
Oh, and he probably would be running Windows if Microsoft didn't came up with SecureBoot bullshit years ago, Terry got really mad about that
So mad that he migrated to Ubuntu

I guess I never really grasped the goal of computing before. Why did Bell Laboratories invent the transistor? what are silicon fabrication processes for? why did Berners-Lee create the World Wide Web? the answer to these and to all questions: to prop up pompous, moronic, gay niggers as tokens and unintentionally hilarious self-parodies until they gracelessly retire

>Chump image
fuck off back to Sup Forums

He isn't from Sup Forums, he's from r/the_donald

He's got a point, though. What if we used the CIA and NSA's resources to fix software instead of breaking it? Obviously nothing is unhackable, but we could be a hell of a lot more secure than we are.

what's the difference

Not possible, sorry.

The_Donald is a bunch of fags celebrating le diversity and supporting a liberal president who has broken every campaign promise, Sup Forums wants to helicopter you

You can't. But you can sure as fuck make it cost-prohibitive to hack.

And if you REALLY want security, delete the CIA and NSA who spend their budgets on making computers systems LESS secure.

You can't. You will always be able to manipulate the code in binary/instructions level.

The bait troll has a point. Once we join Brazil, Mexico and Zimbabwe, there will be no hacking, because there will be no electricity.

Thanks, one more quote to add to my folder.

>how would Sup Forums create an unhackable system
Didn't Sup Forums try and fail at creating a Linux distro?