How small can we actually make a chip? Very soon we will have 7nm! That's crazy

How small can we actually make a chip? Very soon we will have 7nm! That's crazy.
Where does it all stop?

We reached the limit several years ago, the manufacturers are now just lying about die sizes. That's why nothing that's come out in the last 6 years is any better than Sandy Bridge.

There have been some minor improvements. I figure that unless we invent a new manufacturing process we're going to languish. It's like we've hit a wall.

Is he legit crazy or just a really good actor putting on a show to make money.

We pretty much reached the limits of the currently used technology, but new tech always shows up, so who knows. However dye size won't go down much more, it is just that consumer parts will have to catch up with the technology, since they need to figure out how to mass produce it.

To be that successful you have to have some form of sanity. A lot of the stuff he says, if he believed it, would make him 100% insane. I'd say acting.

Maybe he believes a small part of it and he is just blowing it out of proportion to get his message across.

Have you heard of any new tech being worked on

>blowing it out of proportion to get his message across
That strategy may increase popularity (to a non-critical amount that doesn't really achieve anything) and decreases credibility.
Maybe he hates globalists etc for some other reason but he has no effect except riling up retards and making himself dosh. Maybe he uses it as justification to himself

He's in a custody battle with his ex wife. She's arguing he's crazy and using his show as proof while he claims it's an act. Wonder if his supporters feel betrayed.

There was some stuff, like making hydrogen solid and using that as a conductor, it had very little or no resistance at all. That would be something which could help in computing.

Next step is to have circuits quantum superposed

That interesting. I think the helium hard drive tech is pretty neat.

Makes it possible to do crazy submerged PC builds, so I approve, now we just need strong enough fans so we can achieve the perfect oil cooled rig.

He's actually right, though. TSMCs 16FF+ is actually 20nm and Samsung/GloFo's 14LPP is actually 16nm.

I like it.

We haven't actually hit a wall in performance; performance per watt has been steadily increasing with each architecture, although Intel hasn't scaled die size in proportion with increased performance per watt, meaning die sizes have been roughly the same or smaller leading to minimal real world performance gains. If Intel or AMD had the balls to do it, we could have Intel Pro sized CPUs, but we don't because of internal bureacracy within the consumer electronics industry. In other words, because we've set arbitrary restrictions on motherboard sizes, interfaces, and demanded backwards compatibility we've prevented ourselves from seeing anything with greater performance than what we already have available. I really hope AMD, if anyone, decides to start experimenting with die sizes to increase performance in the same way they did with x86, given that their new line of CPUs have been able to compete with high-end Intel CPUs despite being considerably cheaper. Hell, it would be cool if any of the major CPU vendors made slotted CPUs like the Pentium to circumvent taking up excess motherboard space if anyone ever decides to create larger CPU dies.

>You are now aware that people have been making oil submerged PCs for over a decade, and that it's even possible with platter drives with the proper application of RTV

I know people made them already, but there is the little do not cover air hole on normal HDDs. Although SSDs made it possible before the totally sealed helium drivers. Still, those damn cooler fans die on the cpu/gpu.

You can cover the air hole as long as you don't take your computer on an airplane with you. And Puget Systems ran their normal air-pushing fans in oil for 7+ years without problems.

The "act" part are the charaters he sometimes plays in the show

photonics

3nm is the theoretical limit with current transistors.