W10 PRO or W10 EDU?

Which one is better? Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Education? Both are free to me through my college and I want to install it on my PC.

>inb4 install Linux, etc
Fuck off. Don't reply.

Other urls found in this thread:

startpage.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Education, it doesn't have cortana. It's still not very good, though.

I'm sold. EDU it is. Hated Cortana on my laptop and disabled that garbage.

Install Gentoo

install Linux, etc

install linux

Install linux

Starting with 1703 (creator's update) EDU/ENT both have Cortana.

Install linux

Win 10 LTSB

Thank me later

Link to the iso? And how is it activated?

>EDU

Enjoy your unremovable desktop watermark.

This, ltsb is the only way.
startpage.com

Vanished after few updates in my case.

Source?

>Source?
Install it and you will see. It's enabled by default. You can "disable" it, but it still remains.

Install Solus.

Ha, silly me.

>If you're using version 1607, Cortana1 is removed.
>If you're using new devices with version 1703, Cortana is turned on by default.
>If you're upgrading from version 1607 to version 1703, Cortana will be enabled.

>You can use the AllowCortana policy to turn Cortana off. For more information, see Windows 10 configuration recommendations for education customers.

From MS site.

Still what does it change for me if it can be disabled as normal?

What is the difference between pro and standard? AFAIK pro has bitlocker, remote desktop, and the ability to join a domain. It still installs candy crush every update.

Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB X64 en-US Feb 2017-v2 {Gen2}

What was the point anyway? People were pretty happy with Windows without this shitty Cortana, why pushing it down their throat?

Another component that people will disable via policies and which will just eat memory.

>Vanished after few updates in my case.
Cool. I was in the same situation, I would get Pro or Education for free through college. I grabbed Education because it's almost the same as Enterprise, but when I installed it I noticed the Education watermark on the desktop and I just couldn't deal with it. I just went with W8 instead, also free.

It's not that Education doesn't have Cortana, it's just that you have the option to disable it along with any and all data collection.

you answered your own question, user

Pro can disable it as well, Edu however had it disabled and unable to enabled - no cortana in processes list running. Creator bring it running, even if you disable it. Means another shit in memory and another program trying to synchronize with MS servers (and then stopping once it realize you told it not to).

This is stupid.

Cortana is already in every version of windows. It's just renamed to SearchUI.exe (or something like that) and has the web stuff turned off by default.

Fuck off. Don't post on this board.
All versions of windows 10 are shit and you'd be better of with fucking macOS.

Stop right there macfag scum.

Windows is fine in a VM.
Windows 10 uses less resources in every way than Win7.

Install NetBSD

>People hate Cortana and install versions of 10 without it
>"Dont worry, we will add it to those versions as well ;)"

For what fucking purpose.

Install Gentoo

You may be right but I'm not too sure, Linus booted Win10 on a Mac

Well, for Education that's simple - to get the kids locked into it.

Introduce it one classroom first, then watch as all the kids are mildly bemused for all of 3 seconds by Cortana (since they've already played with Siri or Google's equivalent) but then the classroom down the hall won't have, so suddenly it's the KEWLEST thing in town, because exclusivity.
Eventually all the kids are hooked on fucking Cortana.

For Enterprise - I don't know, I don't know what game they're playing at either, unless this can be disabled as group policy, this is gonna upset the apple cart.

>And how is it activated?
Volume licensing only. You'll have to pirate it if you want to use it. Given that you are (correctly) concerned about legality, it is not an option for you.

Edu has group policy editor leran to use it and you can disable most shit features of win 10

Pro also has gpedit.msc.

But process still runs in background even when you disable it. In previous compilation of Edu, it was not running in first place.

Because Microshit doesn't give a fuck about their customer base wishes.

Their customer base is enterprises. Those that can afford six to seven digits in licensing costs without batting an eye. That's who they truly do care about.

You are a side show, using it only at home and school to be conditioned for the workplace using Windows, for advertising revenue and for personal data. But you've got nowhere to run, except getting a tablet and fleeing to iOS or Android.

Or just using Linux/BSD/etc

What the average user wants:
1. MS Office that they already know
2. A web browser for Facebook and YouTube
3. Steam and the entire library of games available

Only point 2 is fulfilled by those meme operating systems. And I am posting this from a Linux box.

:( what's wrong with libreoffice writer?

3. is coming along pretty well.
1. Already exists, since even MS doesn't really want to sell users Office software, but Office365, which works perfectly well on Linux.

Install Linux

Edu is Enterprise with Cortana. Though you can turn her off with group policy.

Get edu

It just becomes Cortana in name only, its Search once she's disabled.

Nothing, I actually use it on work PC with Windows 10 :)

Because latest Office is yearly license and I only have limited key for Office 2003, Im slowly going to switch completely. Right now I use both Office and Libre Office on laptop, only Libre Office on PC at work and only Office at home main desktop.

Still running as process in the background and shows in internet activity. The whole point is that in 1607 build of Edu, she was non-existing and it was good. Some retard at MS decided its good idea to show it down users throat tho.

And if you decide to actually remove her, whole Start menu goes shit and your searching is non-functional, since Cortana basically is merged with search engine now (only that in Edu and Enterprise LTSB her components were removed, leaving barebone search functionality, with optional online searching functions).

Im pretty upset, I wont lie.

if you live in the EU you can buy a legal license off ebay. it's not sold to consumers so used market only. used software is legal by EU law.