Ubuntu Linux causes girl to drop out of college

This girl bought a computer that she could use for college.

She THOUGHT she bought a Windows machine.

It was NOT a Windows machine.

It was an UBUNTU LINUX machine.

So she had to DROP OUT OF COLLEGE.

Ubuntu Linux RUINED HER LIFE.

DON'T BE LIKE THIS GIRL.

DO NOT BUY UBUNTU LINUX COMPUTERS.

BUY WINDOWS COMPUTERS.

DON'T LET UBUNTU LINUX RUIN YOUR LIFE LIKE IT RUINED HERS.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text="5Qj8p-PEwbI"
youtube.com/watch?v=WRWrmT0ovPE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Her own fault for not installing Gentoo.

I built a windows machine

I intalled mac linux and windows on my windows machine

My life is not ruined

This girl is a stupid cunt

wow what a great thread
I definitely haven't seen this ancient """news""" a million times by now

fpbp

it's like reddit only just discovered it and decided to try and shitpot

>Typical wintoddler can't handle Linux
Who knew

I swear by all that is holy, I will NEVER buy a PC made by Ubuntu.

I'm a #WindowsMissile now

I feel like I've seen this before. Is this copypasta?

I know how old rhis is but i maintain this is the girls fault for not having looked to see exactly what she was buyi g abd firhter her fault for not realizing she could have bought windows and installed it dell and ubuntu are not at fault for her lack of caution

warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text="5Qj8p-PEwbI"

>$1100 Dell laptop

>bought two desktops for the lab with linux on them because it made them each $100 cheaper
>have the department IT guy install windows 10 on them both
zero fucks given

>buyi g abd firhter

>She tried to use a windows wireless driver install disk
>She didn't need a laptop

Sure she fucked up with an ubuntu laptop in 2009. Driver support isn't great today and it was way worse 8 years ago.
Open office is also not great for studying. You can write your stuff with it but as soon as you are involved in projects and everyone is using MS you are screwed with OO.

>hurr you should take your time and proof read

Fuck off i dont have that sort of time to waste

>i dont

I said fuck off give me one good reason to try to type well

>I said fuck off give me

Because it actually wastes less time than getting butthurt when people call you out for it.

>"by the time she found all this out, Dell said it was too late to go back to windows"

>customer support shills ubuntu as being great

dude, fuck this company

>mac linux
what

>what a huge asshole

How are they even allowed to say that on tv?

Microsoft your marketing isn't working here

More accurate than a laser embedded in stone

How drunk are you?

As in mac os and linux

>"by the time she found all this out, Dell said it was too late to go back to windows"
why didn't she just ask one of her beta orbiters to install Windows on it

Im completely sober this phone keyboard just sucks and i would rather die than use predictions or autocorrect otherwise i duck instead of fuck

are you the guy with the shitty yolandi homescreen?

No who the fuck is yolandi?

Why would you duck instead of fucking you dumb retard? Are you an anime MC?

You have clearly never used auto correct it corrects fuck to duck if you dont disable language filters

Then disable language filters

If she was too stupid to install Windows on a laptop she was too stupid for college anyways.

This is what (((affirmative action))) creates.

But effort they should be off by default and i still need to correct autocorrect often even without them

explicit language and autocorrect
autocorrect past android 4.4 is botnet that you have to fucking crash and remove *.so files on your rooted phone to avoid the botnet.

> i would rather die than use predictions or autocorrect
same
gotta have that vertical space used for predictions for screen/app content instead

>i

>ubuntu
It's ubantoo* (c)
A sane uni can give you special class if you missed few days. first school days aren't really that big of a deal.

theoretically, installing gentoo and knowing how to deal with binary trees on a whiteboard (discrete math) can land you a job on google and use their portage fork (BSD) for developing at google X and etc. (gentoo KDE)

Can't you install a Windows by yourself?

Yes, buying the wrong laptop is totally why she dropped out of college. There aren't any much more plausible reasons.

I remember seeing this story when it first aired and thought the same thing. Some inbred Midwestern hick couldn't actually cut it past high school and took the first excuse she saw to give up without looking like a complete mongoloid to other inbred hicks. To anyone capable of tying their own shoelaces, dropping out of college because you bought the "wrong" laptop is one of the most absurd and laughable things you could suggest.

IT guys will provide you with a legit license for free

I like ubuntu linux for some devices in case no knew, But everyone does.

Windows like Google has built in trackers to watch every move you make thanks Big gov.

Ubntu Linux doesn't track you, at least not as bad.

>didn't watch the video
retard

But user, dell make decent bangs for your buck laptops, always did.

Had several. Now have an inspiron 7000 i7 16gb 1050ti cost me 900 euro and its by far the best system ive ever owned including desktop builds. The only dells that are a swizz are the alienware line (laps and desktops).

is this the quarterly 2009 thread?

student laptops were even a thing when i went to college

weren't*

>posting a story from 2006 as new news

>$1100 on a laptop to use microsoft word and internet explorer

>I built a windows machine
The cringiest thing I've fucking read on Sup Forums.

Because when you grow up and want to get a job, using correct syntax and spelling could be the difference between success or becoming homeless.

Your future boss will not put up with you typing reports like an illiterate child.

The report was a huge gaping Windows shill though

Why in the literal fuck would I waste my time watching the video? What's it going to explain to me? That some retard couldn't hack college and bought the wrong laptop? Things I'm already aware of.

>didn't watch the video

>he doesn't use googlel docs

she looks like that russian military girl everybody was so excessed about but with a bigger forehead

>im gonna install le linux cause windows sucks!
>and now im gonna install windows emulator cause no program works on linux

where is the logic in that?

Wew kobe

sudo apt-get install internet
youtube.com/watch?v=WRWrmT0ovPE

She got dropped because she bought the wrong equipment initially and failed to correct the error.

Just like you get kicked when you buy the wrong books and not correct that.

This has nothing to do with the specifics.

actually, the college told her ubuntu would be fine, she didn't have the wrong equipment, she just didn't know how to use it
she would probably have failed whatever she was doing anyway though, i mean, she couldn't even learn to use the equipment used to learn things

I like how they make her do the workarounds instead of just installing Windows on it.

>setup.exe cannot be opened.
KEK

>Just like you get kicked when you buy the wrong books and not correct that.
don't know what bullshit major you chose, but no one gave a fuck about what books, if any, i bought. you were just expected to do the homework, but as long as you somehow gained access to the questions in the book it didn't matter if you had the book itself.

I learned by tutorials. If she's too inept to go on YouTube or any other website to learn how to operate Ubuntu, that's her own fault. Also it's shocking that this prissy bitch didn't get a MacBook like every trendy in college.

This. They could have had her take it to a help desk and install Windows on a partition. Bitches be stupid

what's even on those disks?
is isn't an internet modem you might need a driver for, at most you just need a paper manual to know how to plug it in, navigate to the routers' web ui, and enter your details

>internet modem
dialup* modem

1) Anyone know what her name was?

2) Anyone know what happened to her?

3) Any new pics of her?

All they'd have to do is put in some windows install media and replace the whole drive with windows. No reason to even mess with partitioning.

True. I doubt the idiot even could figure out how to save a file on Linux or even get through the home screen. Maybe daddy will buy her a MacBook Pro with the little glowing touch pad

Why the fuck is this reposted it's ancient

and you didn't even post the h3h3 version

>UBUNTU? PFFFFF HAHAHAHA

Wish I could find a laptop that comes pre-installed with GNU/Linux without ordering online

I don't think women have the intelligence to comprehend even ubuntu.

>without ordering online
You're overpaying if you're buying in store, Windows or no Windows

>overpaying
I'm not poor and it's worth it to me to have it the same day that I purchase it.

UBANTU?

And you guys have the gall to make fun of Apple users

Girl too stupid to use computer drops out of college and blames computer.

Perhaps her OS wasn't the issue?

this is old shit why are you posting this fucking ethan

>reminder this happened in 2008

nearly fucking 10 years ago