I'm starting to believe the brexit might be a good thing for the EU

I'm starting to believe the brexit might be a good thing for the EU.

-Britain has never really commited to the EU, rejecting the Euro and requiring identification before letting people from other EU countries enter their territory, even before any worries about refugees. Maybe not having a country like this be part of the EU isn't the worst thing that could happen.

-At the same time, they have had a disproportinate amount of influence on EU policy. Letting a country that is obviously not really interested to be a part of this organisation have so much say in it isn't a great arrangement.

-Reducing Britain's influence would also pretty directly reduce the influence the US holds over the EU as most of that comes from through Britain.

-If the EU doesn't have the strength to survive one of its members leaving after almost 60 years of existance in one form or another, then it probably wouldn't have made it anyway. If we do survive this, however, it we come out of this strengthened.

Other urls found in this thread:

atlas.media.mit.edu/nl/profile/country/nld/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Spring
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A house divided etc.

we need gibraltar so yes

>I'm starting to believe the brexit might be a good thing for the EU.

There is already full lobbying ongoing to get eu jobs britons will lose.

They will become eu bitches after brexit - they will only pay, but don't have voice anymore.

Some Brits I know here are currently buttmad, because they can't even vote. They will be kicked out after Britons will exit schengen.

As far as I heard Britain liberalized their steel and coal sector's. Let's not forget EU was originally steel and coal union. Further they have much more globaluzed economy, and they don't use bureaucracy or block thinking as courner stone of their policy. I'd say there better off without EU

>I'm starting to believe the brexit might be a good thing for the EU.
Unless they're successful post-EU, then it'll be the worst thing possible for the EU.

You thought wrong bitch.

No more nationalism.

UNITED STATES OF EUROPE NOW.

>Unless they're successful post-EU

We should destroy them desu

SEND IN THE EU TROOPS

1968 all over again

>German damage control
kek

how it should be
>Netherlands, Flanders, Germany and Denmark 1 country
>UK out of EU
>France
>Spain and Portugal
eastern europe annexed by russia

Fuck the EU tbf

In 20 years Germany will be like 300% Black and UK only 75%

But what would we rule over when Eastern Europe is annexed by Russia?
We need cheap workforce

rare

REEEEEEEEEEEE

>The world has not at all changed, steel and coal are still the lifeblood of the economy
This kind of thinking lead to some British actually thinking they're still an influential empire.

Netherlands got trodden on by Britain across the entire globe, so your angst is understandable, as is your wish to be cucked by Germany in the hope of regaining some semblance of relevance.

we occupied GB but you never occupied NL

A testament to your worthlessness more than anything else. The only thing of value you had was your trade, and we took it all.

Stop disparaging the Netherlands, you fucking low life paki

Stop bitching about friendly shitposting, you soulless husk

but we beat you in trade.
Even without accounting for your much bigger population size, we export for 525 billion, whereas you export for 472.

what happend in 1968?

if I was english I'd be voting out as well. you get cucked by migrants and it must feel like you should have more of a say. Since you get to rule the UK why shouldn't you get to rule the EU

Scotland though gets a lot fewer migrants and better representation/more service per head from the EU

math is not your strength

are those migrants really from EU countries?

yes and also outwith.

it's true that leaving the eu doesn't stop non eu immigrants coming here but does stop the non eu immigrants who only just arrived in germany and france recently from coming here as well.

About half of them are (~100,000 per month), the rest are from India and Arabia.

Fuck the EU and bring back the EEC.
Everybody happy.

But actually refugees must apply for asylum in the country of arrival.

ok, thats really alot. I think we wouldnt have the problem if there wasnt an EU enlargement east.

What do the Dutch make and export?

>Britain has never really commited to the EU, rejecting the Euro and requiring identification before letting people from other EU countries enter their territory, even before any worries about refugees. Maybe not having a country like this be part of the EU isn't the worst thing that could happen.

Or maybe the Euro was a shit idea that was horribly implemented? It's already ruined the lives of millions of people of an entire country after all.
>At the same time, they have had a disproportinate amount of influence on EU policy. Letting a country that is obviously not really interested to be a part of this organisation have so much say in it isn't a great arrangement.

Maybe it's because they have the 3rd largest population?

>-Reducing Britain's influence would also pretty directly reduce the influence the US holds over the EU as most of that comes from through Britain.

Top jej, the EU will never stop being butt buddies with the US.

>-If the EU doesn't have the strength to survive one of its members leaving after almost 60 years of existance in one form or another, then it probably wouldn't have made it anyway. If we do survive this, however, it we come out of this strengthened.

Pretty much. Making it more than a trade agreement was a mistake.

>rejecting the Euro and requiring identification before letting people from other EU countries enter their territory, even before any worries about refugees.

These are all good things

Define "arrival" because most "refugees" seem to think they don't "arrive" in a safe country until they get to Germany or Sweden, the two countries with open immigration policies. Once they automatically get their shiny new EU passport, they are free to hop on over to Britain for the benefits.

I honestly sometimes can't tell if this situation isn't because German autism and ordnung can't grasp the idea of someone abusing the system.

atlas.media.mit.edu/nl/profile/country/nld/

Being Europe's main port is pretty nice.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Spring

Prague Spring - Czechoslovakia tried to get more freedoms and the Warsaw pact countries invaded them.