Well the smoking gun of how well(HAHAHAHAH) nvidia drivers are

well the smoking gun of how well(HAHAHAHAH) nvidia drivers are...

apparently nvidia drivers scale up to 6 threads but given how the ccx's are working on ryzen we literally have the same issue as they had with windows..

now when you add another card on the system suddenly it gives double the perfomance !

Vega will be out in a few weeks, we'll see if Nvidia's drivers are really an issue.

SIR

look at the 1600x...

so windows wouldn't migrate work among ccx, it works fine.
but to prevent migration, the cores have to be saturated with work but current nvidia drivers couldn't do it, unless you put another card and push the cpu to the limit to prevent migration and saturate the cores with sli work.

what a clusterfuck.

*so if windows

They gonna fix this shit?

We already knew this with CF RX480 and CF R9 295's.

We'll see when Vega hits what this entails.

>falling for meme ryzen

no, they most likely won't. ever since amd bought ati nvidia has felt betrayed and cheated. prior to amd acquisition of ati, amd and nvidia where good buddies. they worked together on a lot of things and nvidia was a major provider of chipsets for them. even though everyone knew it was going to be a failure, nvidia still went ahead and worked and helped design with amd the dual socketed system for the original fx processors in 2006. but then amd turned around and bought their biggest competitor, ati.

huang loathes amd with a fiery passion. there is truly a deep seated hatred that lingers in huang against amd. even though nvidia would love to have amd cpu users money with them buying their gpus. i mean think of the irony. amd cpu + nvidia gpu instead of amd's own gpu's. but ultimately for every amd cpu sold, a portion of that goes to the gpu division. even if you don't buy an amd gpu, you are still funding it.

that's not good for nvidia where your goal is to crush their competitor.

Huang hates Intel more since they kept him cucked out of x86 license after a decade of begging.

JHH is an ex-AMD employee

That's not double performance

you don't understand how badly nvidia and amd relations fell apart after amd bought ati. that was truly a giant knife in the back. haung never expected amd to do what they did. the hate for intel is different than the hate he has for amd.

and anyways, nvidia has more than enough capital now to buy a x86 license from intel. the fact nvidia hasn't done it yet means haung doesn't deem it profitable.

This isn't a issue of money, it would take Nvidia 10 years to make a competitive x86 CPU, and Intel wouldn't give them a license anyway.

that's the point.

intel would give them a license if nvidia was willing to cough up the cash. x86 just isn't profitable anymore. and seeing how intel is even having trouble, its the most dead end business you can go into unless you already had a large stake in it. like amd.

you're a fool if you think nvidia has more hatred for intel than they do for amd. intel wasn't the one that they were best friends with and turned around and stabbed in the back when their friendship was at the highest point. that was amd.

>x86 just isn't profitable anymore.

Excuse me?

14 billion USD QUARTERLY in revenue is NOT profitable? Nvidia could dream of making that much money.

That's spread across how many different companies?

Two.

Check the difference between 1500X and 1500X in a SLI setup, the performance delta is far bigger, implying there's some kinda bottleneck with the Nvidia driver, most probably thread migration/dependencies

Vega should make this clear, AMD GPUs don't exhibit this issue.

One, that's Intel alone.

excuse me fool but you have to be a special kind of stupid if you think x86 at its current point is something that's extraordinary profitable with the shear amount of R&D that has to go into it right now.

look at intel. they can barely squeeze out any extra performance and had to switched their tick tock strategy to tick tick tick tock because of the limitation of silicon. intel's struggle hasn't been because of lack of competition from amd, it has been because the smaller we can, less gains, more voltage leakage, and so much other crap.

even via quietly stepped out of the x86 game and now just does their own thing. trying to aim for performance x86 is extremely costly. amd spent billions, had to higher back autismo extreme, all power wizard jim keller, the man that gave amd their hay day back in the early and mid 2000's, and developed the 64 bit extension to x86, just to deliver zen that didn't even quite catch up to intel.

nvidia, who has zero experience in x86, who's finest work as been dicking around with arm and can't really make traction in that market, would have to invest enormous amount of their capital to get a x86 project going and their best outlook will probably be similar to amd's because right now, its pure lunacy to try to get into the x86 market.

Intel barely spends R&D on the CPUs, most of it goes to their fabs.
And if AMD can make an arch that's within spitting distance of Intel on fucking toilet paper and hairclip of a budget, it shows Intel isn't even trying.

Also both AMD and Intel are growing, Intel has posted a flat YoY growth in every market, datacenter, IoT and mobile just keep on growing, along with workstation and office, the desktop market is shrinking, but that's one market out of 6.

So no, x86 is still profitable and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
I do agree there's no incentive for Nvidia to join, too high entry barrier

it isn't profitable. you are a massive fool and i pity you. only reason why intel even turns a profit is because of their monopoly.

Sure, sure.

I doubt it will be the 1050ti killer.

has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

dude, weed, lmao

They don't think it be like it is, but it do

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Intel hasn't innovated x86 since bulldozer

>x86 license
>from intel
Buddy it's called AMD64 for a reason.

You're fucking retarded

oh gee did you know that intel is literally the god and fucking OWN any patent made by anyone else?
literally everyone reports back directly to intel mate, yep

Intel owns the core x86 license. You cant license x86 from amd.

>buy babby lake
>house burns down
>go to the D E S I G N A T E D street to shit because intel made you homeless

>there will never be another nforce 790i
FEELS BAD MAN

And people laughed when I said don't mix and match cpu gpu

D I V E R S I T Y

>look at intel. they can barely squeeze out any extra perfowrmance and had to switched their tick tock strategy
Have you ever thought that it may have something to do with Intel not having proper competition for a long time?

>that was truly a giant knife in the back. haung never expected amd to do what they did.
I like that you're omitting the fact that he basically sabotaged the relationship. He's not a victim here, by any stretch.

Wouldn't microsoft be the one who needs to fix this?

The fuck has this anything to do with Microsoft?

>Drivers scale

lol

wtf did I just read?

newfag

Holy shit

Topkek. Intel and AMD will never begin to even consider selling x86/64 licenses to Nvidia at any price; it has nothing to do with JHH not saying it's worth it.

> sourgrapesfox.gif

The driver is requesting CPU resources and the kernelschedules them to the CPU's core(s). Seems like a microsoft problem to me.

Of course it's something that needs a sw/os/scheduler fix, but AMD is in no position to publicly claim MS has a "bug", "issue" or whatever.

>nvidia has more than enough capital now to buy a x86 license from intel. the fact nvidia hasn't done it yet means haung doesn't deem it profitable.
Nvidia does not have enough money to buy a x86 license because Intel isn't selling a x86 license to anyone other than AMD no matter the offer because its in their interest. If it wasn't for anti-monopoly laws they wouldn't even license it to AMD, they only do it because they're legally required to have some form of competition.

so the 1500X can nearly max out the power of 2 1080? how? even the 7700k is busy with a single 1080

lol

It's more that IBM insisted on dual sourced components, and Intel sold a handful of licenses to AMD and Cyrix so they could get the original PC contract.