Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums
Me and my friend play MMO's together but whenever i go to her place to place i am unable to plug into her only ethernet port. this makes me have to use a shitty wireless network that makes the game unplayable.

Is there a way for me to connect to her "network" through a cable or something?

Buy a switch

You can't use an ordinary Ethernet patch cable to connect two computers together directly, you'd need a crossover cable for that.

Just buy a basic switch so you can use ordinary cables.

Powerline adapters?

Assuming Op and friend don't use super old tech, and their computers have GbE ports, no crossover cable is needed and a regular patch cable would work jsut fine.

But since they probably also need internet access a simply switch is the solution.

Female friend?
R U a cuck or a grill?

We sure know what you are

>whenever i go to her place to place i am unable to plug into her only ethernet port
Makes you think.

get a switch
most consumer routers have those integrated btw.

>Me and my friend
>her place
Go away normie.

>Double (You)
Thx buddy

am also curious, does grill smell nice? Is her skin soft?

just get a switch fgt

Ah, I didn't know that was the case, when did crossover become redundant?

Since the 1000BASE-T standard which supports Auto MDI/MDI-X. It's an optional feature but pretty much every NIC supports it.

Like a decade ago my man.

Just jam it in there

As elementary as it may sound but did you try another port or another cable ?

Also does your friend use an Ethernet cable to connect to her network,if yes try using that port with your cable,if she is using any special configurations the other non-used ports maybe deactivated

Post more details so we can help

If your pcs are vulnerable when you dont use a direct wire connected only setup what should you do for your cellphones weefee

>whenever i go to her place to place i am unable to plug into her only ethernet port

ages ago, i never looked into it specifically, but i think it was around the mid-2000's when i first noticed newer machines didn't need a crossover cable to connect directly together, which was great, since in 2003 i got a 16-port hub, so had plenty of regular cables, but precious few crossover cables

either;
a. get a switch
b. add another ethernet port to one of the computers, even just a usb adapter will be better than wifi, then share the internet connection through the machine in the 'middle'

ps. only one of the machines needs to support auto-MDIX for it to work, so even hooking a new-ish computer up to an ancient one this way will also work

plug penis in vagina and you re good

Have fun