/eire/

Join the IRA edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8s2MSVaXNqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6-ICbQb_SDc
theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/14/police-severe-terror-threat-ira-northern-ireland-bomb-attacks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/balt/

How is the IRA seen in the Republic of Ireland? I know they were considered terrorists by the Irish government, but did they have a lot of public support?

youtube.com/watch?v=8s2MSVaXNqQ

BASED

Cute Irish boys :3

They had more support in the Republic during the 70s through 90s than most people would care to admit.

My dad used to tell stories of when him and his brothers would call the fire department and throw Molotovs at them.

Did this actually happen?

My great grandmother was Irish. Should I join the IRA?

idk, sounds like a dick move.

Yes. Everyone should join the IRA, even non-Irish people. A Polish man was recently charged for IRA membership and transporting explosives.

But would it make me Irish?

when i was in reservist resfresher training we sung the come ye black and tans in the local pub in finland with american troops,can i immigrate?

IRA was pretty based desu. I had a Protestant teacher from Belfast in high school, he heard me singing Me Little Armalite in class and got mad.

Still going to buy an Armalite when I have the cash.

Thanks for good song.
youtube.com/watch?v=6-ICbQb_SDc

the ira are scum

piss off

The world is a scary place when you're alone

>I Ran Away was pretty based desu.

i bet you support ISIS too

so what was The Troubles even about? was it just one branch of christcucks having a biblefight with an other branch of christcucks?

I bet you think the British Empire dindu nuffin.

bogwogs killing other bogwogs.

>IRA
>literally a terrorist organisation

zhang please

>British Empire
>literally the Empire from Star Wars

Achmed pls.

Protestants in Northern Ireland are basically the same as American rednecks (dumb, violent creationists that think they're entitled to discriminate against everyone else). Catholics got fed up with being treated as second class citizens, being burned out of their houses by Protestants mobs and random Catholic civilians being killed by Protestant paramilitaries (these paramilitaries were supported by police and military and often had the same members). So the PIRA came about and the Prods got BTFO.

>WE WUZ CELTIC N SHIEEET
versus
>WE WUZ SCOTS N SHIEEET

Proddie paramilitaries were bombing and shooting random civilians before the PIRA even existed. You guys got what you deserved.

>inventing the modern world is somehow a bad thing

chink logic, everyone.

>Ireland rebels in the 1700s
>rebellion is crushed and Ireland is absorbed into the UK, directly ruled from London
>Irish Catholics get pretty sick of being colonized
>Irish Protestants are cucks who like Britain
>Irish launch a war of independence in the 20s, win their freedom
>Northern Ireland (Ulster) is allowed to opt out of being part of the newly independent nation because it's mostly Protestant
>Catholics in Ulster basically become second class citizens
>inspired by the civil rights movement in America, they start demanding equal rights
>British government cracks down on protests, IRA is formed to fight back

Religion wasn't the cause of the conflict, they were basically fighting over the political status of Irish Catholics and Northern Ireland itself. Some Catholics wanted to join the Republic of Ireland, some wanted to stay part of the UK but just get equal rights for Catholics. Religion was just a complicating factor and more of a method of identifying whose side you were on, Protestants were typically unionists and Catholics were typically nationalists.

>Brits unironically believe they invented the modern world

You can't make this shit up.

>he says in english
on the world wide web
>via a computer
>while living in a nation founded by brits

>while living in a nation founded by brits

bruh, by that logic, you'd be Norwegian. or any other nation that took over large parts of it, like the french.

>He says while living in a country founded by Romans and Normans, speaking a language derived from German and French with an alphabet created by Romans, on a continent whose modern existence was shaped by Romans, Martin Luther, and Napoleon.

Wew lad. I mean Brits certainly helped out but thinking they created the modern world is memeworthy. I mean how full of yourself do you have to be to think that an empire that lasted only about 250 years is responsible for all of modernity.

You're talking to an Ulster Scot (Northern Irish Protestant). These people are full-on creationist climate change deniers, arguing sense with these people is a complete waste of time. Their culture has not evolved since the 1600's.

OP forgot the fada on /éire/.

Smh family.

>He supports Underage Virgin Faggots

Really? That surprises me somewhat. I guess though everybody over there grew up with a very different narrative to what we did here.

This is a bit of an exaggeration, the BTFO out bit anyway. IRA was kill. You're right about the cross-over membership and tacit support between the State and the proddy terror groups tho. I imagine the Free state supported the provos, too though, in a similar capacity?

The IRA was more or less allowed to operate freely in the Republic so long as they allowed the state to maintain some deniability. It's basically the exact same stance the British government took with the loyalist paramilitaries.

Thanks, that more or less answers I'm not saying this is anything to do with Sup Forums directly but I've learned a shit load about the troubles in the last few years. It's really not something many English people are redpilled on.. Although I would say the general attitude/mood more favours the republic than the north :3

The Prods were BTFO. They were totally unable to fight the IRA and had to settle for randomly killing civilians. They thoroughly humiliated themselves so badly even the Queen would rather be seen with IRA leaders then them. The British military is a different matter of course.

No.

Shouldn't you be studying for the LC?

No. But maybe you should with that ill-informed tripe you're spouting as fact.

You're clearly too young to remember the troubles if you really think there was no support for them or don't believe the Irish government used the situation to their advantage.

Okay.

Where is he???

potato famine

the contrast of this image is awful

Thinking of moving to Ireland; which one is better? I'm hearing mixed results - "Northern Ireland is poorer", "ROI is poorer". Which one is it?

>tfw missed all the talk about the troubles
fucks sake we never have good discussion here
HE'S HERE!

northern ireland is a failed state reliant on welfare from london with bombings every other week. the republic is pretty ok these days however

crows are niggers
ravens are great

They still have bombings?
Okay. ROI it is.

only occasionally. like maybe once a month.
of course now we have gang wars in dublin ever since that guy in spain got shot. pick your poison tb h.
theres been 52 bombings in the past 12 months according to the grauniad
theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/14/police-severe-terror-threat-ira-northern-ireland-bomb-attacks
and ofc the gang war doesnt exist outside dublin.

I would avoid capital cities because they're shit.

good lad
are you english, scottish or welsh?

>half irish, half english

what should my opinion on all this troubles stuff be
who's side should i be on?

whoever you so decide to sympathise with
its not like your ethnicity determines your political views.

which parent do you like more?

as if that makes a difference. he was raised in england to an english parent (and possibly an anglicised parent) so he's hardly irish.

les bumps

Made this lads.

Feeling proud of myself now.

>as if that makes a difference. he was raised in england to an english parent (and possibly an anglicised parent) so he's hardly irish.

hmmmm

>Feeling proud of myself now.
Self praise is no praise.

Maybe in your case.

what kind of a pathetic individual are you?

No he's right. You're delusional and the image is horrendously shit at an attempt for humour an insult or whatever you were trying to express with it because it obviously didn't work. I suggest you take a overdose and if you some how unfortunately miraculously survive that ordeal hopefully you become a changed man with a greater sense of humour, wit and hopefully less autistic than before.

But I didn't make that picture desu

Well then first of all you a liar not worth my time beyond this post as you previously stated it you "Made this lads". Which leaves no room for doubt unless you wish to oust yourself as an autist on purpose which when you think about it is already quite an autistic thing to do.
Second is that you apparently feel pride from such a image that apparently you did not create as you stated. Very pathetic that you feel prideful about an autistic image in the first place that you said yourself you didn't make. Regardless my previous advice still stands if not more so than before.

ecks dee well memed
hes probably been to ireland like 3 times at most
well i like it

you realise its probably a different person youre replying tp

>made this lads
was a different poster

>well i like it
well there we have it ladies and gentlemen, the value of the image has been completely invalidated by this endorsement

I like how offended she seems to be though, as much as I might agree with the sentiment.

it's more to do with your logic and the conclusion you reach

>he was raised in switzerland to a swiss parent (and possibly an helveticized parent) so he's hardly irish.

you were raised in switzerland and have spent the vast majority of your life abroad

ecks dee
ah who cares
actually ive spent a majority of my life in ireland tb h

you lived here for 7 years according to yourself, 8 in switzerland and 3 in america

>7 years
i never said this
it was 10
i spent 5 in switzerland and 3 here

Aha! I knew it! So you only spent 3 years in Ireland.

i told you, it was a year and a half you retard. learn to read.

Night lads.
Don't stay up to long haha.

nope previously you said you left when you were 3 for switzerland and returned to ireland at 11, and then left at 15 for america and you are now 18

Pls don't go.
:(

no i was eight when i returned to ireland

You should just, as a rule, lie to every question they ask you.

I am IRA, fuck brits, liberate wales or whatever, death to the queeeeeen

i lie a fair bit here tb h. gives me a bit of a shield against doxing.
up da ra fellow irishman

anime

I know a Garda who worked on the borders during the troubles. They turned a blind eye to the IRA and the IRA made sure not to cause any trouble on the republic
Once they killed a Garda so they clamped down on the IRAs cross border operations for a good while to make sure they'd never try anything again

Also I believe there was a Taoiseach caught trying to funnel money to them but I forget

Is Ireland still the UK's Mexico?

really? i was under the impression the republic tried to cooperate with the uk when it came to the ira.

why would it be
ireland is richer than england

they did more and more as it went on but at the end of the day police are people with their own opinions and sympathies on the conflict.
if you supported the idea of a united Ireland (a lot of people do but it's not really said out loud) then why would you clamp down hard on IRA activities?

>Also I believe there was a Taoiseach caught trying to funnel money to them but I forget
No that was Haughey, before he was Taoiseach.

His family was originally from the North but came South due to partition.

starting night shift tomorrow lads
wagecuckig for the entire summer lmao

i suppose that makes a lot of sense. the taoiseach possibly funneling aid is very intriguing however.
ill have to look that up

mam said she wants me to get a job
gonna start looking on monday if i dont go through with my mad bastard plan of going to new york tomorrow.

>night shift
Sounds comfy. What times and where you working?

>have a president
>he does fuck all
whats the point

Acknowledge that The Troubles was a spark in a conflict that has been going on for almost 1,000 years that isn't "da IRA r ISIS" nor "IRA did literally nothing wrong".

You'll be better than most Brits and Micks at that point.

its meant to rain tomorrow

You're so lucky. If I wasn't born and raised here I might not have ended up so redpilled on international terrorism, which his a fucking pain and a lot of stress.