/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Huawei P10 Lite Review
phonearena.com/reviews/Huawei-P10-Lite-Review_id4354

OFFICIAL Samsung S8 launcher is available on Playstore
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.app.launcher

ZTE Axon 7 Unlocked Smartphone,64GB Ion Gold (US Warranty) - $ 329.99
amzn.com/dp/B01FUF1EL8

Huawei nova 2 to be announced on May 26
gsmarena.com/huawei_nova_2_to_be_announced_on_may_26-news-24954.php

Xiaomi enters Mexico with Redmi 4X and Redmi Note 4
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_enters_mexico_with_redmi_4x_and_redmi_note_4-news-24949.php

Coolpad Cool Play 6 Official- Gaming Phone, 6GB RAM, Large Battery & More
gizmochina.com/2017/05/10/coolpad-cool-play-6-official-gaming-phone-6gb-ram-large-battery/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/nokias_3_5_6_and_3310_are_still_due_for_june_launch_in_uk-news-24970.php
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-44gb-64gb-global
download.lineageos.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gsmarena.com/nokias_3_5_6_and_3310_are_still_due_for_june_launch_in_uk-news-24970.php
There's still hope

Even if i can get it with a 50% student rebate from my carrier

What are your options?

I want to disable logd because I don't need a stupid service to write logs all the fucking time so I was wondering if there's any way to actually disable the service or if I should just remove /system/bin/logd? I found "service" and "servicemanager" in /system/bin but neither of them seem to be able to do that.

Is full-disk-encryption removed from latest android (lineage) ?
I can only find this shitty file based encryption which is worth nothing

>Redmi Note 4 Global is the version you want
>kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb
Why this over the 4X? Also why the 3GB instead of the 4GB version?
Bands don't seem to matter according to willmyphonework.

a sony xperia xzs for the same montly cost if i go for 24 months instead of 12

Is xiaomi note 4 global/miui safe to use? Does it have bloatware & is connected to botnet?

I probably will flash lineagos to it but not for a while.

so instead of buying a 50 euro screen for a dying lgg3 because fuck LG which phone should i pick now for 100 - 150 euros?

there's also a 4gb / 64gb version of the Note 4 Global, I just linked the 3gb version because it's cheaper.
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-44gb-64gb-global

>4X
Are you talking about Redmi Note 4X or Redmi 4X? Redmi Note 4X and and Note 4 Global are basically the same phone, 4 Global just has better band support. Redmi 4X is a lower specced model with worse SoC and camera.

If you mean the Sony is 2x as expensive then get the Huawei P10. Just read about the UFS "scandal" so you know what to expect

Yes it's safe to use. It's mainly the China ROM that has that stuff. If you're still worried there's Xiaomi.eu ROM which is debloated MIUI with some optimizations and extra features

Redmi Note 4 Global

Smartisan Nut Pro

looking for a cheap phone supported by lineageOS team
any idea of what to buy? I don't mind used phones
the cheaper the better

>2014
>starting university
>I buy a Galaxy S5 unlocked, friend gets an iPhone 6
>2.5 years later
>S5 hasn't seen an update of any kind since June 2016
>iPhone gets updates but has developed touch disease
>These are $700+ devices

Meanwhile Lenovo has committed to a BIOS update for my T530, which was released in 2013. And it gets OS updates no problems.

How the fuck are Smartphones the "future", exactly?

Redmi Note 4X or 4 Global depending on where you live

You fell for the flagship meme. Always buy flagships used a year later or buy Chinese phones like Xiaomi. My Xiaomi Redmi 1S (released 2014) and Redmi Note 2 (released 2015) are still getting the latest operating systems and have never developed any hardware issues.

hows the mi max?
heard moto Gs had great build quality so im also considering that

download.lineageos.org

I'd go with OPO, GS5 or one of the Moto G models

Sorry, didn't mean to (you) you

>S5 hasn't seen an update of any kind since June 2016
Install LineageOS and you'll be on android 7.1.2 with May 2017 security patch, plus as an added benefit you get rid of Touchjizz

the moto G 4G 2014 is supported, do you think I can go with the G 4G 2015 tho? found it on ebay right now

ah whatever. there's a guy on lineageos subr saying it sucks on this phone. I think I'll look for a used GS5

>hows the mi max
fucking huge

What's a good power bank? I used to have a project fi pack and would prefer something around that quality.

I know this isn't /spt/ but it's pretty /spg/ related.

Xiaomi, they're legit good power banks, not just a meme. Anker, Aukey and Blitzwolf brand powerbanks too.

Thanks, I'll look into ordering tonight.

Sister lost her phone. So i'm in the market for a new one. I was thinking about a chink phone. Do the chink phones work in Belgium.

Budget: 100-200 euros

Redmi Note 4 Global, has all the bands needed in Belgium

check if they have all the necessary LTE bands for europe. For example some chink phones are missing the 800 band which makes them having poor singnal strengths

>Shit day at work
>Nexus 6p randomly shut off while not in use and won't turn on.

Well, fuck. Any recommendations?

So, I upgraded my Huawei P8 Lite to Android 6.0 a while back and at first I was happy with it, but now it's breaking, the wifi isn't working all the time, etc. So, I want to downgrade, but I don't know where to start, I tried googling, but I don't trust pajeets. Anyone help?

Getting a phone today. Verizon. No budget. Going into the store and getting one like a retard. What to avoid?

lg

My Note 4 has become unusable for other purposes besides a mobile hotspot (how I'm posting this).

Will a different OS help, or do I need to upgrade asap ( available next month)?
I'll root my phone if need be, and I'd wait till the Oneplus 5 if Verizon supported it.

Any help is much appreciated, I've disabled as much bloat on the stock phone as I can.

What are the top messaging apps that dont require a phone number?

3t or s7 both are selling for around 400
samsung is probably the best manufacturer for android when it comes, to longevity and heavy duty devices.
How's the 3T doing nearly a year after it's initial release, are there any known issues reported by multiple users, anything to worry any future buyer.

Red pill me on the ZTE Axon 7 please. My Nexus 6 is dying and I refuse to give up muh stereo speakers.

Nexus 5 is on its last legs, might get a nexus 6. This a good call?

Try a factory reset before thinking about downgrading

Give a try installing a custom ROM, LineageOS for example.

It's a great phone, especially if you can get it on sale, it sells for $330 quite often

Redpill me on Lineage OS. I've been visiting this board as of late and I keep seeing it mentioned in these threads? What's it about? What are the advantages of having it versus stock Android or Oxygen OS (currently using a OnePlus 3)? Is it a meme?

Can you force your Nexus 5x to bootloop? Tired of the shitty battery but it's in such bad shape the resale value is shot.

it's a fork of the discontinued CyanogenMod Rom, open source, fast slim rom, native flac support, privacy guard (is a great small settings that blocks access to all newly installed apps of having permissions to any of your sensitive data till you decide otherwise), root access, cpu overclocking.

I'm running an unofficial build on a 4 year old shitty samsung ace 3, and it's working just fine with most nougat features, it reboots randomly twice or 3 times a day, but it's pretty fast for a device with such shitty specs.

>privacy guard
>same shitty UI

Thanks for making my decision to get an iPhone instead of Android easier. Ridiculous.

Xiaomi 10000 mAh.

I got an honor 5x from Amazon for $130 today and lineageos 14.1 is running great
Pic is camera quality

not sure if right place to ask but does magisk work with titanium backup?

Not bad for a $130 phone

This is how ZTE Axon 7 Max works on my countries bands, is this good?

Also is it a good phonr? Worth 285$?

> 100% charged
> Unplug
> Immediately drops to 90
> Drop to 60 over the next hour
> Works perfectly fine after and battery lasts me a day
What the fuck is happening?
moto g4 running nougat.

Any suggestions for a good music player on Android?

I can't tell if I'm just missing something or what, but I can't figure out a way to disable the album art from Spotify on my LG G6 outside of just disabling all notifications. My S7 doesn't have this problem and I think I have all the same settings as the g6.

Try poweramp. Been using that for years and I'm happy with it.

dont remember the reason why but poweramp was used by like everyone here.

Because the equalizer presets are fucking great, but there are plenty of players out there today that are just as good/better

xposed nougat when?

I'm buyin a new phone tomorrow my xperia z2 has been dead for a month but have not yet decided which one to get. I can get an LG V20, a xperia XZ, a Galaxy S8 or an iPhone 7, all phone are within the same price range.

I forgot, I got a promotion in which if I buy one HTC 10, i get another HTC for free, not sure if a 10 or another model, wording was ambiguos.

Are there any chink phones that can run LineageOS that are also compatible with Verizon 4G LTE in America?
I've been fucking around with willmyphonework but I can't find anything that works.

Has anyone heard of the Note 7 refurbish program, I have Verizon and just cracked my S5 im wondering should I get a Note 5 or wait and try and cop a Note 7.

No, and even if you found one Verizon would ban it from their network shortly after you turn it on

Is 4gb ram for Android a meme or am I ok with 2gb

what's the best cleaning app for android?
im fucking sick of clean master

What's the best android IR app?

Depends on what kind of user you are. I switched from 4 GB to 2 GB recently and I didn't notice it at first but after a couple of weeks it took getting used to. I'm taking about performance wise btw. In other words, it's definitely not a meme.

Really leaning towartds getting a Moto G4 Plus as its affordable, has SSD support, and decent battery life with decent specs but the non removable battery is giving me cold feet. Is there a comparable phone that I can remove the battery on? I don't wanna be forced to flip to a new phone in 2 years if this battery dries up.

Not bad for a $140 phone

I second that question

I use Blackplayer EX

>try to update my gs5 with samsung kies because I've been sitting on KitKat for so long
>actually manages to fuck up usb drivers for the phone after it freezes
fed up with samsung desu
$800 budget android recommendations please

my note3 pro's (los) fingerprint scanner started acting strange after my daughter dropped it the other day. Dunno if the drop can be the cause, because it was from the couch but it still doesn't register the finger every time, even fully pressed, most of the times i have to try 3-4 times before it unlocks. It also could be newest version of los, i didn't update for like a month, then installed the one from this week, but it still doesn't recognize every time. Should I order a new sensor ? Anything software-related i can try ?

should i just get over my autism and get an s8

bixby triggers me so much as a useless waste of resources but i can't find any reliable, good phones that have what i want

SD maid

Moto G5

The ribbon connector for the scanner might be loose

anyone using Google play music? it's causing my phone to lock loop itself and have to reboot.

now try low light

thx, i guess i will have to check it

outdoor low light or indoor low light?

where do you UK fags buy your phones from? carphone warehouse have treated me like their bitch before when ive needed to return stuff so i want to get my s8+ from a decent place considering the price

who else Galaxy S8 master race here?

>not s8+

Battery needs calibration

Hangouts

You'll hate the size, there is nothing out there as comfy as the Nexus 5

Get a Xiaomi Mi 5

John Lewis would be my first choice, if you're buying full price

Are they even worth it? I heard that s8 constantly restarts. That's some LG tier bullshit.

how to block ads in browser?

Long time away from the smartphone world. What's the GOAT good phone around $200 of the moment?

Should I get a month old huawei p9 in need of screen replacement for $50?

Also why isn't devicespecifications on the list?

Hey Sup Forumsentlemen I have been using a Nexus 5 for what feels like forever. Sadly I need to get a replacement. I have been extremely happy with the performance of the phone and want something the is an equivalent to the Nexus 5 but will receive is updates for the foreseeable future. Any ideas? Thank you

need a phone that just werks smooth with a good camera and music
what to get

Yes

Redmi Note 4 Global

iphone

Pixel phones