Hello guys

Hello guys.
What's your opinion on North Iberia?
Since it's the least touristical area of the peninsulae i think that you, pheraps, would like to learn more about this particular region

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X_LHlz-1W8
yorokobu.es/los-gallegos-y-sus-70-palabras-para-designar-la-lluvia/
youtube.com/watch?v=0rgBswcA4Fc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pyrenees are bretty good, enjoyed my vacation there. Also close to barcelona

Pyrenees are nice but in my opinion they are pretty over rated.
I dislike Barcelona. Too much tourists nowdays, it's like visiting a resort and the soul of the city is dying. It's a shame.

Delet this, we don't need filthy gaijins

Well, we can make this a /North Iberia/ general
So, where you from?
North Portugal here

Galicia and we already have to deal with the pilgrims and the italian/dutch caravans. And of course the jodechinchos.

I've been thinking about doing the pilgrimage this summer.
But yeah, Santiago is a large touristical destination.
I'm no from Porto but i've been there a few days ago and god help me... I could only hear german and french in the streets. High prices, loudness... looked like fuckin disney world.

Summer is a bad choide, it's better during september, it's not so full and the weather is better.

we wuz celts n' shit/10

I've always thought the Pyrenees were underrated tb.h
Most foreigners visit the Alps and forget about the Pyrenees but they're something

September is summer still.
but yes, i will go in september. I'm used to hiking and walking so i know that doing large trips by foot with heat in your head is a bad choice.

I mean at the end of september otherwise the camino is really full.

>Those small storage spaces in the form of houses
I thought they only existed on our side of the border

Yeah, they are nice. However, Asturias have a different feel.
There is this huge historical simbology atached to them. Pyrenees feel like a border while asturias feels like home

You were wrong

Obrigadinho pelo conselho amigo

They are common for north Portugal and Galicia

>That picture

Also Asturias and Cantabria

which pilgrimage are you talking about tho? I'm going to do the Del Norte which is quieter than the Frances (main one)

Funny, I've been to Asturias but never seen them. Also it was funny drivring through a cloud.

I know that when we go southward we stop seeing eventually, but where do you reckon that point is?

I have a quinta near Romariz and we still have them

The Do Norte will take you through some of the best natural sights you can see in the peninsula

They are more common in Gerês and near the border. Mostly in mountainous areas.

Yeah, that's a wise choice if you do it during summer. I live next to the primitive one and every morning I see at least some pilgrims. It's less busy till you reach Melide.

I know that but where to they disappear altogether?

i love it just as i love north spain
might just be the most comfiest climate

Yes that's what I'm doing. I'm walking from here to get the boat in Portsmouth, which takes me to Santander, then walking the Del Norte and meeting up with the Primitivo.. Not sure on *exact* route yet.

Apparently I miss some nice stuff by starting in Santander, but I wanted to "walk" all the way from here.

>pyrenees
>asturias
disgusting

The pyrenees and the asturias are comfy as fuck.

>Mfw the summer high temperatures in A Corunha

If you want to walk you're better off doing that, it's really hard to appreciate the walk if you're too tired.

You can't possibly think that

I think that Romariz, as you stated, might be the limit. I was surprised that there was one so far down south

Yeah, i wouldn't trade it for nothing. Winter is cold but revigorating and the summer is very warm but not suffocating.
Also, culturally it's really great. People are more honest, sincere and they are not as histerical as people in the spanish south (actually southern portuguese people are very, very quiet)

It is, I find it perfect. Fun fact: in galician we have around 70 words for rain.

Prove it.

strictly,north west iberia is the best place in iberia

Argentina is north Italian thus Apenninic and central European, you iberian piece of shit.

I'm from Barcelona. It must be included, at least in a historical sense.
It was the main city of the Spanish March (Also called Gothic March. Hence Catalunya - Gothalaunia - "land of goths"). Suffering a similar situation to that of Asturias (Christian territory while the rest of the peninsula was under moor control).

But it's also important to highlight that nowadays you won't get the "experience" in this city, unless you look for it very well: visiting historical places and the main towns of the "Catalunya Vella" (old Catalonia). It's a shame, to see what my land has become. It makes me sad.

Of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=X_LHlz-1W8

I'll try to notice it next time I go to Viseu or Coimbra

>Asturias isn't NW Iberia

Not exactly rain but we have a ton of words, one for every type of precipiation

I can relate.
I live in minho region and it rains ad eternum. Seriously, it's ireland-tier rainy.

Also, speaking of minho:

>youtube.com/watch?v=0rgBswcA4Fc

no it doesn't fuck off

Barcelona was literally murdered by tourism.

It outputs an error when I try to embed, weird

>

We never think of Barcelona as being in this group, I think it's more of an Asturias-only thing

You have it too good, we demand this and by tengri we shall have it.

>no it doesn't fuck off

You are not from minho, definitively.
Stop making false acusations

Well, you can think what you want, but Barcelona was not even "reconquested" by Spaniards at all because when they got close to here we had already been free for a long time. Well, "free". We wuz Franks, to be precise.

The youtube video is in the link anyway.

>Minho is not rainny

Bring it on yellow man.
I swear by Unkulunkulu, the zulu god that we will defend our land till the end

Yeah :(

And not only Barcelona. What has been done on the Costa Brava (the northern coast) is a fucking crime. It has been literally destroyed with massive buildings.

dude,it's not a fucking thing that happens everyday...
It's just 1 per week at best or whole weeks on winter

>The video does not exist

Can't you tell some words?

rain is comfy
t. want more rain

During winter it rains for entire weeks non-stop.

>Rain is comfy
Not when you have to get up at 6 am and get to work all soaked and cold.

It's not that bad. Our winter is very mild in comparison with other european cunts

well maybe if its everyday it might get shitty.
here it rains maybe 6 times a year when its 10c+ and i love to be fishing all soaked in that weather!

I lived in Asturias for almost 5 years, lovely place, great food, great people, I'll be back one day!

will visit with my family in about 2 months

Yeah, but our cold is hard to endure since it's wet.
Wet cold sucks.

Took this photo 2 weeks ago.
This is the usual weather around here...
However, we can have absolutely blue sky days. Wich is great too.
As i say, North Iberia has the perfect balanced weather

It's not that bad and our winter isn't that cold

I would rather have -10C and snow than 3C and rain.

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

You have a list here

Its not about being cold, its about being wet, that shit gets mud everywhere.

>Yeah, but our cold is hard to endure since it's wet
Hmmm.. Do you visit other European cunts in the winter time?

Because I can tell you our winter is one of the easiest to endure in Europe

Me too but we're not talking about that.

It's not pleasant, but that doesn't make our winter harder to endure than the majority of european countries

Define "harder to endure".
Because cold isnt the problem since a big ass coat can warm you up.
Its about the shitty rain that gets everything wet.
But yes there are worse places.

>tfw 300-400
JUST

Yes, i felt northern european winter.
It's very harsh but at least they have pretty good infra-structures against the cold so i didn't felt really bad.
Also, their cold is easier to endure if you have warm clothes.

Have one more

Im with you being soaked wet in 5c is more shitty and dangerous than walking at -20c
In turn our houses are built to store as much heat as possible which makes heat waves unbearable!
look at this pic that i found of somewhere in north spain/portugal
BEAUTIFUL!

That's the sierra del aramo near Oviedo, Asturias, I remember passing by it every day when going to work

Yes.
I think you will also like this one.
It's near where i live

>Gerês
Fine Tase

What were you doing in there?
Nice, it looks alot like the norwegian fjords!

I studied my whole degree at the university there and i did an internsip at a bank in Mieres so i had to take the bus route from Oviedo to Mieres every day and see those mountains all the time, they're spectacular when they're covered in snow

Não é o gerês.

I like when foreign people take an interest in northern Portugal\Spain.
Most people only care about the southern regions since it's way more exotic and lively.
The southern regions are nice but personally the north is way better

How did you like spain compared to mexico?
Does mexico have any really nice places of nature except for the south west with those old pyramids?

what part of asturias mexibro?

Yeah i dont get why people like the deserts and scorching beaches that much, then again im a pale finn so i melt by just watching pictures about them.
Forests and rain is the GOAT climate

Some places are literally just a warmer Ireland

>How did you like spain compared to mexico?

everything works better and i like the people better tb.h famalam, only issue i have is that the food can sometimes be bland
>Does mexico have any really nice places of nature except for the south west with those old pyramids?

Of courshe, check this pic out from my home state.

Uviéu, fío

>The southern regions are nice but personally the north is way better
is better because industry and low unemployment -> best quality life

I mean, I would never be able to tell this wasn't in Ireland at least

Cerveira é basicamente no Gerês.

>Forests and rain is the GOAT climate

agreed.
I also love small villages near the sea, surrounded by greenery.
I think that people like the scorching beaches and barren mediterranean lands cause that's what touristic entrepeneurs sell them. Also, it's 100% guaranteed to have good weather.
The thing i like about the southern regions is that it feels very free. You can walk barefoot without a t-shirt and spend the whole day swimming and walking around. It's very freshening.
However, after a month i call it a day and i go back to my cozy valleys

HAHA OWNED SANDNIGGER

Ireland is very nice aswell, they just need some more forests in there! They have the climate to grow almost unreal conifer forests like south west norway!
I have to say that does not look too good to my eye

Fica perto mas não pertence ao Gerês

Northern Iberia seems god tier for anyone who likes nature and outdoors activities. It's about the only place in Europe where you can be close to the mountains for skiing and also close to the ocean forr surfing. Beautiful scenery for hiking and looks a lot greener than I originally thought.

Is there anything in the southern part worthwhile apart from pretty historical cities and comfy Mediterranean beaches (slowly being destroyed by tourism)? The environment seems really barren and I don't understand how people can do anything outside during the daytime in near 40 degree heat.
>tfw anything above 22 or so makes me feel like I'm dying.

And on a final note, is there any cool historical architecture/cities/ruins/castles etc in the north? I see pictures of small very comfy rural towns but no more than that.

each to his own i guess, i like mediterranean weather, we do have some temperate forests but nothing like europe

I will never undestand this tanning trend where northern people go to they very south of europe for 2 weeks and they do nothing but drink and lay on the beach
well those are some damn nice looking mountains my man

>Is there anything in the southern part worthwhile apart from pretty historical cities and comfy Mediterranean beaches (slowly being destroyed by tourism)?
Southern Iberia's nature is great in the winter

>The environment seems really barren
It really is

>I don't understand how people can do anything outside during the daytime in near 40 degree heat.
They don't, they just stay inside

those are the Iztaccihuatl and Popocatepetl volcanoes right outside of Mexico city

Owned by who?

>And on a final note, is there any cool historical architecture/cities/ruins/castles etc in the north? I see pictures of small very comfy rural towns but no more than that.

Yes, In North Portugal, i advise you to visit Braga, Guimarães (the city were the first king was born), Viana do Castelo, Barcelos and Porto.
In Galiza i advise you to visit Santiago, Coruña but i think galician bros can help you better in that part

There's probably nothing as big as in the South, since we didn't see war that often but there's some nice things around here, here's my favourite

Excellent thread guys