Post medieval music from your country or region

Post medieval music from your country or region.

youtube.com/watch?v=TNEVQaF6VDQ

Catalan religious song (although the original song was probably earlier, pagan) played and singed by a Czech band.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ti59NdbG1c
youtube.com/watch?v=hW96oUhLG34
youtube.com/watch?v=a1aRRFDF7Dw
youtu.be/Piv_uu5sSoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ra9ibe3lB0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigurd_the_Crusader
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_I_of_Tosny
youtube.com/watch?v=pAj2D5nVD9s
youtube.com/watch?v=5v-KUtwZRYE&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=89
youtube.com/watch?v=_SgLJqv2wRY&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=169
youtube.com/watch?v=lCqnpjPonOY&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=187
youtube.com/watch?v=g2_pvPBqahk&index=100&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA
youtube.com/watch?v=XN3krR3UMio&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=152
youtube.com/watch?v=RzGQU5VMPdI&index=155&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA
youtube.com/watch?v=C-Vb8OaPhMA&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=170
youtube.com/watch?v=Zx650R3lZOc&index=186&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA
youtube.com/watch?v=zYdvHbtpveU
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ5L5XR45Jk&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=245
youtube.com/watch?v=xkh6LhWj5IA&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=249
youtube.com/watch?v=1OZUGQGbxOY&list=PLU8fm9Pb8ZaI-j9of-wSYlg0KrTaMYYT_&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=x8_4yxlHQYE
youtube.com/watch?v=3r8qj85IuuA
youtu.be/6IP611wHNAI
youtube.com/watch?v=GtYOx37bX6g
youtube.com/watch?v=WwbbIB44TuE
youtube.com/watch?v=76SWgIoHg1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xRFyGDTaHD0
youtube.com/watch?v=CkzqAH8y0uY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfrQ_M38_tM
youtube.com/watch?v=culfmPEor3o
youtube.com/watch?v=UUZpDEzzqYw
youtube.com/watch?v=oDVyNNWNsj8
youtube.com/watch?v=-DYwAT8aYtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f7EJbyPylKc
youtube.com/watch?v=cJMPCJT993U
youtube.com/watch?v=Kl5fohd5jps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=9ti59NdbG1c
Ancient french 4u

I love it. Thanks. Are the lyrics very different from modern french?

Another Catalan song: youtube.com/watch?v=hW96oUhLG34

And a compilation: youtube.com/watch?v=a1aRRFDF7Dw (this one has a more free interpretation. With piano and such)

>Are the lyrics very different from modern french?
Quite. It's still recognisable, but the thing is that the order of the words are a bit different, and the orthographe aswell. The biggest difference is the pronounciation, the U and the R, also some letters that would be silent now were pronounced back then.

I'm glad you enjoyed it btw

This is Hungarian Celtic. Not sure if it's old but it sure sounds like it.

youtu.be/Piv_uu5sSoQ

I think that's modern, but good anyway! :)

The R is less "guthural", right?

Harald Foss has made a few nice ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ra9ibe3lB0

Very interesting. The instruments are genuine from those times and the lyrics from a saga.

The Catalans remember.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigurd_the_Crusader
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_I_of_Tosny

youtube.com/watch?v=pAj2D5nVD9s

That's not medieval.

sorry i know more about renaissace music
youtube.com/watch?v=5v-KUtwZRYE&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=89
youtube.com/watch?v=_SgLJqv2wRY&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=169
youtube.com/watch?v=lCqnpjPonOY&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=187
but i going to try
youtube.com/watch?v=g2_pvPBqahk&index=100&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA
youtube.com/watch?v=XN3krR3UMio&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=152
youtube.com/watch?v=RzGQU5VMPdI&index=155&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA
youtube.com/watch?v=C-Vb8OaPhMA&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=170
youtube.com/watch?v=Zx650R3lZOc&index=186&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA

tfw...

There are very good ones amongst those.

Of those, I knew the Cantigas de Santa Maria. That's still middle ages, tho!

youtube.com/watch?v=zYdvHbtpveU
It's about a guy in the woods who kills women and then gets killed by a princess.

yeah, i'm not sure but the classical troubadours were in Catalonia while in the rest of the peninsula were arabic and sephardic music, romanceros, and church music.
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ5L5XR45Jk&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=245
youtube.com/watch?v=xkh6LhWj5IA&list=LLvk7raIe4i-cmv-gu-4x8IA&index=249

para romanceros escucho a este tío

youtube.com/watch?v=1OZUGQGbxOY&list=PLU8fm9Pb8ZaI-j9of-wSYlg0KrTaMYYT_&index=6

nice

OOGA BOOGA *DOOM DOOM* OOGA BOOGA *DOOM DOOM*

Is it a popular song? (well known, that some people sing). Dutch always sounded mysterious to me, btw. It is obviously germanic, but with something familiar. (Maybe some indirect influence with Catalan? Idk. We have some cognates and shit like that.)

Do you like how Catalan sounds? (I'm biased here)

kek

Weren't troubadours just a southern french thing?

>Do you like how Catalan sounds? (I'm biased here)
i'm going to speak in spanish
no se si cambio mucho el catalán antiguo al actual pero me gusta bastante como suenan el las cansiones que pusistes, tiene un ritmo lirico bastante particular y exotico (al menos para mi) con toques muy familiares. Puedes sentirte orgulloso

>Is it a popular song?
It gets mentioned during history or Dutch class sometimes but most people seem to have forgotten about it. I only remembered it after looking up dutch medieval music.
youtube.com/watch?v=x8_4yxlHQYE
This one is about birds.

Well, they were originally southern french, but in Occitan language, which formed a dialect continuum with Catalan. They were mostly considered the same language.
Catalonia had more territory back then, which now is part of France. Additionally, even more earlier, the catalan counties were part of the frankish empire, at least "de jure" (they are usually considered independent "de facto" since count Wilfred the Hairy, until joining the Aragon Crown).

Song about tsar Ivan Shishman that dates back to his rule
youtube.com/watch?v=3r8qj85IuuA

yep, for that reasons catalans had troubadours.
I read in somewhere that the french sung by the troubadours of the south was the predecessor of the catalan and the french of nowdays was the french sung by troubadours of the north, more close to the capital.

that's why Catalonia is sometime attached to France on meme map

Couldn't really find any so I just used m2tw ost
youtu.be/6IP611wHNAI

yeah, but in my opinion catalonia would be more occitanian than french

SANTA MARIA STRELA DO DIA
youtube.com/watch?v=GtYOx37bX6g

youtube.com/watch?v=WwbbIB44TuE
This one is about how the aristocracy hate the peasants.

So you feel close to Southern French?

Since at this point in time not even the most autistic of Lisboners can acuse me of >muh heritage for playing the galician card, here
youtube.com/watch?v=76SWgIoHg1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xRFyGDTaHD0
youtube.com/watch?v=CkzqAH8y0uY

i'm other user sorry, wait for him

Checked, also
>Even the Leonese wrote songs in Galaico-Português because the language sounded good
And we managed to butcher it

A mi me parece que ha cambiado muy poco. Ya se dice a veces que el Catalán es conservador y ha cambiado menos con respecto al latín comparado con otras lenguas. Paradojicamente también tiene muchas palabras germanicas. Puedo hacerlo razonablemente "ayy lmao" si cojo las palabras adecuadas. Por ejemplo:

"No cal gaire estona per a que em torni boig. Quan em trenqui, tallaré amb un ganivet el teu lleig cul. I guaitaré com bornes, ran el fang, mentre brolla el roig brou."

Traducido:

"No hace falta mucho rato para volverme loco. Cuando me rompa, cortaré con un cuchillo tu feo culo. Y observaré como das vueltas, a la orilla del barro, mientras brota el rojo caldo."

Hay algunas palabras, de las escogidas, que ya existen en castellano, introducidas del frances o directamente del catalán. "Fang"-> fango y "bornes" -> "borneas" que recuerde ahora. Y algunos germanismos originales del castellano, claro, como "rojo".
El liricismo del que hablas puede ser porque hay más monosilabos que en castellano. Es una suposición, claro.

Ya no doy más la paliza. Me gusta explicar estas cosas :/

Bon fil, gràcies per la música que has penjat, OP.

Yeah. It's not enterily meme, tho. As I said, these were frankish lands (locally ruled by goths). But Frankish does not mean "French".
If I had to choose a "nation" I would agree with We are more Occitanian than French, clearly. The problem is that very few people speak Occitan or have a "Occitan sentiment" nowadays, so it's mostly, and sadly, a "dead nation".
I feel close to Southern France, yeah. In fact there is, nowadays (I think I said it before), a part of historical Catalonia that was annexed to France (see map). I'm not sure of how many people there would feel the same about us, tho. I know that some do feel close, but most of them are passive, I think. They don't care much.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfrQ_M38_tM
one of the oldes german songs
interesting is that the original seems to be a south german dialect/language but the writer of the text which survived seems to be from nothern german, it is seen on the way he konjungatet words used in south german dialect in a north german way... also he seems to not be quite familiar with the whole lingua franca thing

t. Brünhild

Also nice song

ya, fascinante a mi me gustaria investigar mas del origen del castellano para poder responder con algo interesante pero ni puta idea, solo se que apareció entre vascos y los que serian las lenguas de los asturianos y los gallegos pero posteriomente durante la reconquista fuerón añadiendo con un toque del aragonés y catalán y unos trocitos del arabe.

te he hecho un mapita indicando donde se especula que se originó, como acabó en el medio chupo un poco de todas

youtube.com/watch?v=culfmPEor3o

si Francia no se hubiese puesto extrema eliminando lenguas regionales quizás otro gallo cantaria

youtube.com/watch?v=UUZpDEzzqYw
youtube.com/watch?v=oDVyNNWNsj8
youtube.com/watch?v=-DYwAT8aYtQ (poetry)
youtube.com/watch?v=f7EJbyPylKc
youtube.com/watch?v=cJMPCJT993U
youtube.com/watch?v=Kl5fohd5jps (1 hour mix)

Based. It's very different from most things in the thread. Is the style the original one or the melody is new?

cierto

¿No crees que a veces se simplifica mucho, cara al populacho al menos, el origen del castellano?
Si le preguntas a la mayoría de gente, lo más probable es que te digan que el castellano es (asumiendo que sepan que viene del latín) "una lengua romance con influencia árabe", y tan anchos se quedan. Se le da mucho bombo a los árabes, y se ignora todo lo demás. No solo en la cuestión lingüistica; en todos los ámbitos.

La influencia vasca posiblemente tenga más influencia de la que pensamos en las lenguas de la península. Ya sea en la fonetica, la evolución desde el latín... Incluso en Cataluña, que parece quedar muy lejos, tenemos algunos toponimos en el noroeste de origen vasco, que han acabado teniendo "nombre redundantes" cuando el significado se ha perdido. Por ejemplo:
Pont de Suert significa "puente del puente" (Pont es catalán, Suert es vasco antiguo)
Val d'Aran "valle del valle"

La influencia vasca posiblemente sea mayor de lo que pensamos*

Mi cabeza :/

Quad Hiltibrant, quad Hiltibrant... Hadubrant gimahalta, Hiltibrantes sunu... 10/10

;)

I remember studying the cantigas in Middle School. Literal Glassigs :DD

Even without translation it already evokes images of posh noblemen and inbred people.

sinceramente me gustaría investigar la relación del castellano con el vasco, prácticamente nuestro inicios fueron con ellos, asturianos casándose con vascos. Históricamente país vasco se separó de la corona Navarra gracias a Castilla y a partir de la separación siempre estuvo bajo su tutela pero con respetando un poco su identidad. Esta claro que se dice que el castellano viene del mozarabe pero al igual que tu dices les damos mucho bombo a los árabes un cuando teníamos mucha influencia de los distintos reinos que nos reunían, inclusive el leonés era una lengua. La desaparición del leonés no fue tanto como que se lo sustituyo el castellano más bien durante la formación del castellano se fue tragando muchas de la palabras del leones... diría que a partir de camino a finales de la reconquista abría un castellano medianamente reconocible.

>cuando teníamos mucha influencia
*estábamos muy influenciados

¿Hay gente que aún hable leonés y asturiano más o menos puro? Según la wikipedia sí, pero como parecen bastante menos protegidas que el catalán...