Will teleportation ever be possible in real life?

Will teleportation ever be possible in real life?

inb4 quantum fags that don't know what they're talking about

*teleports behind you and whispers the answer in your ear*

Fuck that. Where's our immortality tech. This should be what every scientist is focusing on. Whats the point in developing teleportation if you just die in 100 years.

*teleports inside your boypussy and whispers the answer in your ear*

average life span is like 70

the real question is would you actually do it if it was

would the person that comes out the other side be the real you, or a copy of your body and memories?

Not counting shitholes like china and their shitty mopeds..

>Whats the point in developing teleportation if you just die in 100 years.
The same point you do anything in life?

Possible and done are two different things mate, can you prove it isn't just long range clone maker like in most scifi movies? Or do you want something like stargates but these aren't teleporters.

what is this movie / show?

>kys
>reassemble yourself like you didn't just boil yourself down to fundamental particles

No because the original will always be destroyed fuck that.

>not recognising Blade Runner
>never going to make it

pick two

>it's an o'brien must suffer episode

>Spoon head

Is the person you are now the person you were just a short moment ago?

Does your past actually exist like how do you know you did not come into existence right now and your memories are fake

I think the more interesting technology in Star Trek was whatever they invented to make it so nobody had to piss and shit any more.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are never any bathrooms shown on any of the Star Trek vessels. At no point do any of the crew interrupt any of their work to go to the toilet. They sleep, we see that; they have sex (we don't see that but it's always implied) but when do they even mention going to the bathroom?

They adopted the poojet ways.

God.

I had the biggest crush on him as a kid.

exactly. Every human should be working on prolonging life. all other tasks are meaningless

>prolonging life
for what purpose if i may ask? i want this charade to be over as quickly and painlessly as possible

if your memories were perfectly synchronized, it would be impossible to know. in the teleporter example, hypothetically there would be two divergent personalities. the one who enters and the one who exits, "the prestige" comes to mind. the original would still have a moment of recognition while the copy would simply remember getting in the machine. would you really want to risk being the man on stage or the man in the box?