Nyaa Replacement General /nrg/

Previous thread: This thread is for the discussion of nyaa.pantsu.cat, a replacement for the late nyaa.se

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

>Why is Pantsu down?
Sometimes because it is getting gang-raped by the entire Nip web traffic (10x times more than USA), but this is now rare thanks to migration to another server.
Most likely they are deploying changes, wait for a bit and refresh the page.

News
>Nyaa is live!, work ongoing for sukebei.
>Tracker stats done (but not optimized yet), file list soon-ish.
>user registration works, but email confirmation isn't done yet (you can still login).
>moderation and report system done, but still needs some fixes.
>Cartel alternative launched. It's a botnet. HS is siding with them. HS stuff will eventually find its way on pantsu.

Sources
>nyaa.pantsu.cat (db is up to date with nyaa)
>sukebei.pantsu.cat (db is up to date, but close to 1 year of JAV was lost)
>nyoo.moe/ (pantsu but with a different domain)

Local Client
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at nyanner.net

Development and discussion channel
>github.com/ewhal/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ewhal/nyaa/tree/master/translations
github.com/nyaadevs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I AM THE BONE IN MY PANTSU

Mugumin a shit

Reminder to use nyaa.si or the Cartel are going to shut down all anime piracy permanently.

Is it just me or is pantsu a lot faster

Reminder to use nyaa.si or Daiz will personally come to your house and take your hair

i want to be pantsu'd

>or Daiz will personally come to your house and take your hair

NYANPASU!

We need more translations!
We currently have 16 languages, feel free to submit yours or make corrections: github.com/ewhal/nyaa/tree/master/translations

>tfw you know the town Daiz lives in
>it's about 60km from where you live

All I am saying is that being bald is pretty easy way to be noticed.

reminder that renchon is cute and you should use the light theme for her

I'll probably translate it to my shitty language once the proper language selector is up. Don't wanna shoot myself in the foot yet.

I'm glad the Cartel are using Python Flask instead of a meme language.

MODS = GODS

Translations are stupid and unnecessary if we can't choose the language. Even fucking nips gotta learn english one day.

Oh yes goyim, our servers are the fastest and safest in the world. you know you can trust us hehehe

kill yourselves megumeem posters

>python
>serious language

Like said, there will be a language selector available without have to login and change it in the profile parameters. Just matter of time, you lose nothing doing it.

This long crown won't come off so easily, baldie.

>Translations are stupid and unnecessary
FTFY

Can someone shop this pic to use for when the site is down?

>doki allowed
>nobody has uploaded their batches

Why?

why was another site launched?

Was it a joke?

Do it yourself?

Old nyaa people who didn't lift a finger in 10 years suddenly felt threatened by other people doing something

Would be better to use one where Kazuma throws it on the ground
Or just a pic of Aqua with "Pantsu not found"

The cartel wasn't happy that they didn't get mod powers at nyaa-pantsu

I only have their Saki, Twintails and ZnT batches.

GJ

Does that include a tracker or is just like Pantsu dht based?

so the cartel is filled with children, gotcha

:^)

It scrapes other trackers

PANTSU IS DOWN, I REPEAT: PANTSU IS DOWN
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Why the heck everyone is using Github?

Keep calm and try again in a few minutes, newfag.

Italy here. Looks fine

Would you prefer sending .patch files to mailing lists?

Jokes on you, I already grabbed most of what I will ever need!
>implying its not coming back

So is mine.

>still no magnet Renchon.

It includes a tracker. It also has convenient features such as the capability to sort the results, and it's endorsed by HS and fansubs. It's the one true replacement of Nyaa. What meant was regarding to Pantsu, and that's why in Pantsu you will always get numbers that are a few days old.

Because the first one was managed by incompetent devs who were not willing to commit 100%. They were trying to half ass it keeping it trackerless because they were not willing to face legal issues. On top of that it was discovered that they're planning to plaster the site with ads, hence the huge empty spaces that the main content can't occupy no matter how you size the window.

how much do you get paid for shilling the cartel?

Put your trip on Daiz

>still no sorting by SEEDs
how hard can this be reeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't know what that is but I see people spamming it over and over. I do live in México but I'm not affiliated with any criminal organizations. I'm just answering questions with objective info.

What are you talking about? You can in the advanced search.

When will EOPs and this stupid fucking cartel meme die?

>endorsed by HS
I couldn't care less.
>and other fansubs
Isn't Doki and Chihiro on Anidex?
I will be using that then.

Yeah but not in the search results. It's not as intuitive.

>Doki and Chihiro
>fansubs

Better than FFF.

what's the cartel? are mexicans involved with anime now?

Quit lying, cartel.

Doki and other fansub groups who don't like Nyaa are on Anidex.

Seeing that Doki and other fansub groups moved to Anidex in the first place due to Cartel behavior, what makes you think Doki and the other fansub groups that moved to Anidex will ever move back to Si?

>2017
>not using functional equivalence

It's because of shit like this that the cartel is so hated. Why not just be part of the community? You want your own website and be mods there? Whatever, but then why spread blatant lies and make all this drama?

I don't know what Doki is, and I just looked up Anidex; never heard of it before. I'll tell you what I do know: I know that Nyaa.si is better than Pantsu because it has features that provide convenience to the user and because it has an actual tracker. On top of that it's officially endorsed by the people who have been doing anime-related stuff for years. However you slice it, Nyaa.si is the one true replacement of Nyaa.

Nice space.

Horriblesubs were the ones who started it first by lying on their twitter and website that Pantsu had problems and when people asked what those problems were, they avoided elaborating on it, preferring to give vague, ambiguous responses.

The reason why Anidex was created in the first place was because Doki hated how the cartel operated and so did other fansub groups.

Not him, but a function as common as sorting by seeds should be shown by default, or at least be an easily accessible option that isn't hidden in an advanced settings menu.
Just my opinion on web design though.

github.com/nyaadevs

>using a site LITERALLY pronounced as Nazi
fucking Sup Forums

ne-ya-sai

>I don't know several important things
>But I'll tell you that this site is better despite that

Lol'd i wish Sup Forums came up with that first.

the torrent stats will come after the scraper gets fixed, it's being rewritten for optimization right now.

>>Cartel alternative launched. It's a botnet. HS is siding with them. HS stuff will eventually find its way on pantsu.
>It's a botnet.
kek, what? I need some sauce.

Exactly. Imagine how superior it has to be for the average user -that makes 80-90% of the userbase- to realize it. The thing is that you're caught in some e-celeb drama and have a biased opinion, but common people just want to use a site that works properly. That site is Nyaa.is

there's no fucking 'e' in nyaa or 'a' in si. go away Sup Forums

>spacing
Trip back on, baldfaggot.

it's not actually hosted in Slavshit. It's only using si domain tld because it kinda resembles se.

But seriously, FUCK CARTEL.

Also, PantsuDev, QUIT GIVING THE SOURCE TO THOSE SJW SCUMBAGS!

>because it has an actual tracker
where were you yesterday when we said we may have a tracker coming?

Their github's up.
github.com/nyaadevs

>when the only argument you have against something is the way the spacing was used

So you are brutally, savagely finished then?

What are you on about?

>Nyaa.si
>Beaners, Trannies, Ponyfags

Fucking disgusting.

If only you had created it 10 days ago when you had the chance to make a monopoly. In life, chances don't wait for you, indecisive fag. Now somebody else took that chance and they're doing a better work, I don't see why I should wait for your site to get good when I can already use a better site.

oh shit
OH SHIT
its happening

>this faggot doesn't know romanized Japanese spelling rules

>better

Why are you still in this thread then?

Using a better site.

Their site is garbage, dude. You cant be serious.

the code looks so much better than pantsu, damn

Why did Pantsu choose MIT license?

>better

Being a shill.
Spics loves trannies.

That's not very hard to achieve though.

>にゃ
where is the e

Because the lack of tracker has stopped us from seeding these past days, right?

ニャー ドト シ
???

where is the latest db? is it distributed/decentralized yet?

they're hosting with ovh, so could either be france or canada
are you even surprised?

t. herkz

>you can sort results by size and peers
>you can get the latest peer numbers straight from the tracker, instead of old numbers scraped days ago

I have typed this over 50 times in the last two days, and I still have to find a single person with an argument against it. They can't, because no matter how you slice it, Nyaa.si is objectively better.

Because I don't want you to misguide people into using your shit site so you can later on fill it with ads. I have taken two weeks off my job just so I can shill it everywhere and I will do it for free because I know that it's the right thing to do because truth is on my side.

Latest nyaa-import is in the topic of the IRC channel as always.
Backups of the main site are not being distributed yet while essential things (downtime) are being worked out.