Is it true that Americans smile to strangers on the street?

Is it true that Americans smile to strangers on the street?

It's not. If someone smiled to me on the street, I'd think something was wrong with them.

yes, that or nod at each other and say "hey".

why
are you black

Nobody does this.

where do you live? this happens all the time in New England

it's true here, people even greets you even if they don't know you

it's hell for anti-social people

i've seen it happen before

Yeah we even wave at random passerbys. It's common courtesy t b h

no

why is she crying

In norway we wait on the bus 1m from eachother, its aweful

No
We talk to strangers while we're waiting in line or on the bus though

Oh come on, bro. What's so weird about that? Every little thing we do is awful to Europeans.

you guys live in some weird area then.

Everyone does this virginia and most of Maryland.

This happens regularly down south depending where you are

Not necessarily in downtown city centers with fucktons of people but if you're walking through the neighborhood and pass someone it would be weird not to acknowledge them

assaulted by turks

It's actually Chad's cum running down her eye

Dependa on the community. In my college town yes, but back where I grew up not really.

why dont you respect someones right not to be bothered?

I thought its a free country

Shut the fuck up you shutin antisocial introverted loser

Eastern half of Long Island does this too. Men especially.

its not me, you dont talk to people on bus stops or in lines or in waiting rooms

this is how a civilized individualistic society works

the US isn't full of asocial abnormie losers, we actually like talking to people

--->normiechan.chad

Oh, is that not how society works? Is America doing something wrong? Thanks, we'll start taking ques from fucking Poland now

*cues

Point is fuck off your country is depressingly antisocial

I think Normierica should be banned from Sup Forums

If you make eye contact with a stranger, you acknowledge it with a nod at least. A closed-mouth smile is a nice touch.

I think u should be banned from Sup Forums

I think we should beat up all the /r9k/ REEEEEEtards and take their lunch money

I live in Virginia and go to Uni in Virginia.

Can confirm this

In a small village in Idaho? No.
In New York City? Absolutely.

Happens all the time up here in the great white north.

I live in Maine so whatever you just said isn't relevant.

Not on the west coast

Why couldn't I have been born in a part of America that isn't full of assholes like the south?

do it all the time in michigan, too

and it's not like im in some redneck rural town in the fucknut nowhere UP, im talking metro detroit.

i feel like you have it backwards

I went to see Jurassic World in California and they clapped at various parts of the movie. Until then, I thought that Americlap was a forced meme.

That's California, though. There's a good chance somebody who worked on the movie is in the audience somewhere.

if you don't smile at people, they can rightfully shoot you and get away with it by saying that you threatened them.

this has happened to me a bunch of times (i go to the see films like every day). there's usually one guy who tries really hard to get people clapping, and they eventually give in. sometimes people clap if they like a certain scene in the movie, or they start cheering if a certain character or something shows up.

mehmet abandoned her

Yes, of course. Unless you live in a miserable shit hole or a very crowded area, this is how courteous human beings behave.

West Coast, BEST Coast. I'm in Arizona and everyone's nice as fuck.

Sometimes I do this too. I look at a person, maybe examine something about them, person looks back, eye contact, smile for a moment and look away.
I mostly do this with older people because women might take this the wrong way and guys might take it as submissiveness.
It's like sending an ACK packet or something.

Btw talking to strangers is probably common across the world in rural areas, because everyone knows everybody anyway.

Maybe you should leave the basement.

I smile to strangers in Russia. Rate.

Not unless if they have pets

if you don't look like a goblin yes

Yes, I don't do it though.

>14630704840100.jpg
I remain skeptical.

Only in rural areas or well-off suburban neighborhoods.

Depends on where youre at. I live in a blackish inner city area and when passing someone buy you usually dont say anything to whoever. If you make eye contact you can probabaly nod at them or say "sup" or something to acknowledge them but its not really rude to not do it. However, I went two cities over where it was more rural and "whitish" for lack of a better term and while I was shopping people who were passing by were smiling and telling me "Good Morning" and "Hey, How are you doing?" I imagine that the crime rate is alot lower in that city which makes people less suspicious of each other, which makes people more friendly and willing to help each other out. Now mind you, it wasnt every single person passing me that talked to me, but holy shit it was a huge difference from what im used to.

Is it true that Americans smile?

Never, my mouth is always occupied by Walmart™ brand Lard-Guzzlers™

yea maybe you should

What the fuck? Are you going down the road and greet with every random idiot? I don't believe.

Is it true that Europeans greet each other with 'Salam Alaikum' on the street?

how is this weird...i great strangers all the time...

(not in cities)

in ireland you say "afternoon/morning/evening or whatever" to anyone who passes by you if you live in the country
in switzerland you say "grüezi" or if you know them "hoi"
in america you just nod if you know them
id say from my experience the swiss do it the most, irish next most and americans last.

>live in the country
the countryside. you wouldnt really do this in dublin i imagine. too many junkies and criminals and crazies to be friendly.

Wow I was just talking about that in mena. And yes __ __

but they do
they also wave
and say things like hows it going
of course you are not suppose to carry on a conversation though

Yeah, and if you go for a run in the park in the morning you might actually exchange words that resemble a conversation.

In Bosnia, it is.

Why? I wave to my neighbors. Not to random people I don't know, though. I'm in Minnesota btw.

If I make eye contact with someone I'll give them a smile or a nod.

Except if they look like a recent immigrant who won't acknowledge me back.

Not really. I only acknowledge strangers if I accidentally lock eyes and they reciprocate with a hand gesture. Otherwise, why should I?

That sounds horrible

>I'm in Minnesota btw.

is ka warran

and i thought swiss people got their friendlyness from italians. shame on ye.

Pretty normal to greet people in the street, unless you're in a large city or are autistic