VME BROKEN ON RYZEN!!

VME BROKEN ON RYZEN!! os2museum.com/wp/vme-broken-on-amd-ryzen/

> Buy Ryzen for heavily multithreading like virtualization
> Oops, they missed a bug and you can't run certain types of virtual machines

Don't worry, I'm sure a software fix will be out soon. Just wait. :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11170/the-amd-zen-and-ryzen-7-review-a-deep-dive-on-1800x-1700x-and-1700
amazon.com/gp/new-releases/pc/229189/
wccftech.com/amd-takes-meaningful-cpu-market-share-intel-first-time-3-years/
wccftech.com/timespy-radeon-rx-vega-benchmark-12-april-demo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucking AMD and their buggy shit

>problems with Windows XP in a VM and with running 16-bit applications in DOS boxes in Windows VMs.

Also
>2017
>Running VMs
>Not running Jails on *BSD

Yeah, who cares, you'll never need to do everything an intel processor can do. :^)

Of course, their AMT technology its really something i don't want on my systems.

There's already a thread about this shit.
It's fixable with microcode and the OS it effects isn't even officially supported.

SIR pls delet

>intel fags reaching this deep to shit on AMD

>using the smiley with a carat nose

The desperation they have to say anything bad about Ryzen is insane.

hahaha i kno rite? just wait for THREADMANGLER to appear on the scene, those i7 babbys gonna be squirming like little suzy 7 year old in uncle larry's funtime ford explorer down by the river on a moonless night next to the closed down boat launch

if Skylake/Kabylake X is any indication (being Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 2.0), they scared.

yeah heaven forbid they release a many core version of the multicore design that already stomps zen

but yeah know rip dem threads and what not. most of us have real work to get done

>already stomps Zen
in what universe? and at what cost?

yeah God forbid that Intel is once again using the MEHGUHHURTS reasoning.

The last time they did that is when Athlon X2's were destroying Pentium D's.

>using Virtual machines
Lol

thing is we now have high meghurtz with low power for 99% modern usage. throw a few extra high single threaded perf cores on the die and its back to fucking bulldozer and piledriver on amds end.

>The last time they did that is when Athlon X2's were destroying Pentium D's
depending on the software and compilier optimizations. yeah with legacy code they were stellar but properly compiled code the p4s did their job. not that thats a viable way to go its just intel has a habit of making shit that will be faster IF X and Y.

At any and all- the Performance gains you wank over are fucking nonexistent for most people and when they do Materialize in any tangible Percentage Measurements the real world speed increase or Time Savings are so fucking pathetic you are once again better off with stronger single core performance since the increase you get from the Zen Design is hardly ever utilized.

News Flash most productivity apps are lightly threaded. Can ya fucking believe it?

The thing now is that 7700k's draw more power on stock compared to Ryzen 5's. Now Intel doesn't even want you to overclock your 7700k's.

This is the same fucking problem with the P4.

Same argument of P4 vs AthlonX2

my shit is 90% of the time running under 1ghz for desktop tasks

that's the same fucking thing that Intel Said when they got blindsided with the Athlon X2

so cat's out of the bag. You're just a shit boy who's whining about Ryzen because of sheer justification of purchase.

I think xe's got more of a anti-meme kick going on.

So between Ryzen 1600x and the I5 6600K, which is best for gaming? How much is the difference?

Oh yes Kaby lake runs so hot

This whole bitchfest is pointless. The status quo will remain as AMD has an edge at price right now but Intel will return with an edge on performance and OEM wins since the care about peak wattage is very negligible and those who do care are still going to gravitate towards maximizing performance for their given workloads. Zen 2 and the Intel rebuttal to it will be where the real magic happens.

Intel is a meme. Most of the technologies you so like about them are copied from the 64X2 nevermind the x86-64 instruction set. Let's see, QPI is fucking Intel HyperTransport, HT is just shitty SMT with Intel Branding,

and to make matters worse, you sheep are going to buy those i9's just to have your e-penis be bigger.

depends on how long you plan to hold onto the core platform. id say 6600k if you want to do any major subsystem upgrade within the next 3 years such as RAM, Vidya or Storage. otherwise go sit on the 1600 and pray software optimizations comes and you can get your work done and play games for a good 4 maybe 5 years with your planned rig. they eventually do but whether they will be relevant for this gen of hardware is anyone's guess

What do gaymers with virtual machines?

>How did AMD miss it? Because only 32-bit OSes are affected, and only when running 16-bit real-mode code.

Only ancient garbage is affected. Not an actual problem.

What. If. I. Told. You. Some People.... MEGATASK

WINDOWS XP

nice temps
air or liquid?

gaymers don't use amd

>t, Intel Shill

you're asking the same people who'd likely pick the Pentium 4 over the Athlon X2 just because it's a pentium.

yeah not an actual problem, just like FORTRAN aint running on production gear this very moment.

old shit that works tends to stay in place my man

He's an Intel shill. What do you expect?

literally know one did that back in the day. like no one. everyone had glistening thighs creaming over amds

you fucking kids aint got no history. thats why you fall for memes and cant see a platform for a platform

>mfw our first WinXP computer was a Prescott.
>in a tropical country

Liquid. Only running it at 4.6 to keep it whisper quiet and cool because it's in my bedroom where my wife sleeps.

So can I run DOS Box on Linux with a Ryzen chip? Or can I run Windows XP in Virtualbox on Linux? Or either of those on Windows 10?

It seems like the issue is only with VME, not VirtualBox.

Intel is panicking right now.

everyone is smelling the desperation.

the i9 blatantly sounds like the Pentium "Extreme Edition"

i had a p3 1ghz then jumped into athlon x2 territory. them were the comfy years

>amd refused to play ball in the Netflix 4K fiasco

gonna be sad watching amd die a slow death when everyone signs hardware DRM deals with intel

rip cheap fucks find a new hobby

yeah they look scared as shit

>Intel is panicking right now.
Oh yes they are surely shaking in their booties.

e.g. Sheep.

intel on suicide watch

>35$ latest intel generation price difference

how?

It's like that autist that spams threads with dozens of pics of outdated day one benchmarks

Kek what?

Have you even looked at any benchmarks? The 1800X has comparable performance to an Intel 6950X, but it costs one third of the price.

Intel has been absolutely fucking anally destroyed by Zen in multithreaded workloads.

Oh my those fable MEGATHREAD workloads. I'll take better performance in 95% of my tasks then buying some hobbled rebate fueled shit to shave 20 minutes off a 20 hour encode.

>AMD
>microcode
oh honey

>Only ancient garbage is affected.
so one of the important use-cases of VMs is affected.
no biggie, Sup Forumsenius, amirite.

>pay three times the price for the same performance

Wow, the 1700 is better than the 7700k. Intel is beyond destroyed.

sorry i cant read cherry picked shitskin

wow CPU fanboys exist huh
having a double digit IQ must be tough

Jesus fucking Christ Intel is complete dogshit.

Zen beats anything Intel has in multithreaded performance. Intel has lost the HEDT and server market to AMD.

>anandtech.com/show/11170/the-amd-zen-and-ryzen-7-review-a-deep-dive-on-1800x-1700x-and-1700

yet again i must iterate 95% of everything that needs to get done is lightly threaded. no one cares about your piledriver shit. i make money with a pc and its not by encoding fucking anime

I'd rather buy a Ryzen CPU for gayming than a stuttering corelet housefire trash desu

> i make money with a pc and its not by encoding fucking anime
let me guess, it's by shilling intel, isn't it?

7700K is 1 point below the 1700 and 6 core Coffeelake will be 50% faster

Shut up goy.

KEK AMD 8 core is on the same level with Intel 10 core

Pootel really needs to go.

id rather my lightroom exports go quicker but hey i guess gaymes are important too

MUH GAYMEN is every Intelfag's final excuse to buy Intel abortions.

>
>Of course, their AMT technology its really something i don't want on my systems.

haha this faggot thinks AMD doesn't have the exact same shit built into their processsors

Double digit? What do you need single digit for?

You can't read in general.

Yes, and you are one person, there's a fuck load of people in the HEDT sector that work with heavily multithreaded applications.

>Because only 32-bit OSes are affected, and only when running 16-bit real-mode code. Except with Windows XP and Server 2003 it’s much worse and they may not even boot.

>You have to run 32bit windows xp in a VM to be affected by this specific bug.
>The same post literally has a workaround to get past it.

uhm it's the THREAD MONGLER you fukken newfag

>oh honey
?
the Ryzen FMA3 bug was fixed fairly quickly in AGESA 1.0.0.4.
AMD tend to be on top of microcode updates; atleast when it comes to bugs that allow you to hang the box or do some privilege escalation attack.

I expect this one to get fixed in time aswell

but you are not supposed to do that with your cpu!!!!

t. shit eater jim keller

>multicore design that already stomps zen
MOAR BINGBUS! MOAR MEGAHURTZ!

>6 core Coffeelake will be 50% faster
I give this bait a -8 out of 10.

>95% of everything that needs to get done is lightly threaded
So I guess bloated Javascript websites, alpha quality emulators and poorly optimized games is "Everything" now. Oh, and don't forget that one Photoshop filter that runs with a single core because Adobe is shit.

Meanwhile, over on the page that actually shows recent top sellers and not all-time .. amazon.com/gp/new-releases/pc/229189/

Top sellers updated monthly, retard. You are just showing top sellers among new releases, which are by no means overall top sellers

I guess that marketshare they gained was just imaginary, then. wccftech.com/amd-takes-meaningful-cpu-market-share-intel-first-time-3-years/

>new releases
>top sellers

Linux + KVM works fine for me.

So wcc is now a reliable source?
wccftech.com/timespy-radeon-rx-vega-benchmark-12-april-demo/
This is also reliable information?

According to Steam survey, amd cpu have lost marketshare in April
I swear you amd shills are the most hypocrites ever. You just accept the info you like and deny everything else.

Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over the sound of how wrong you are.

>JUST WAIT(TM)

Says one of the shekelchasers stalking Sup Forums to shitpost any CPU thread into oblivion.

>The data is courtesy of PassMark’s quarterly market share report

Look at the sources first before you cry foul. It's pretty easy to tell when wccftech is spreading a rumor and when they're just reporting a factual source.