Wake up

>wake up
>wana decryptor
tl;dr?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/13/accidental-hero-finds-kill-switch-to-stop-spread-of-ransomware-cyber-attack
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

install gentoo (unironically)

happening thread Sup Forums edition: install gentoo boogaloo

I don't know if I just got lucky or what.

I disabled Windows updates a year ago when I was scared about 7 automatically upgrading to 10. I heard about all the hubbub today and did all the security updates IMMEDIATELY (after unplugging my computer from the network and backing up everything) and everything is peachy now.

I already use Gentoo but curious, what did pajeet do?

>nhs btfo because free health care can't pay for os update and they still use windows xp
>window 7-10 at risk unless you got the march update
>xp and earlier completely btfo because no support
>its over for now so if you don't have it you won't get it
>osx and linuxfags /comfy/ as fuck

Keep in mind that the march update is rolled into the "rollup" security updates MS does now. So if you install the current May update, it will include the March update.

Of course MS now includes telemetry shit in those "rollup" dates now. You can still disable the telemetry in Win 7 and still keep the update, but fuck me if it isn't annoying as balls.

yeah, but lets face it. if you didn't get the update in march your lazy ass probably never got it. i doubt come may you finally decided to install it because there was more updates out.

>>osx and linuxfags /comfy/ as fuck

It was really amusing watching everyone. It was like being one of those fire resistant trees in the middle of a forest fire.

theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/13/accidental-hero-finds-kill-switch-to-stop-spread-of-ransomware-cyber-attack

You can get just the security portion the update through the online catalog. It's not cumulative, though. So if you go that route you have to grab each months updates. Kind of annoying, but I guess that's the point.

yeah, my only concern was making sure my parents computer was up to date, because i sure as fuck didn't want to have to be the one to fix it. after that it was full on /comfy/ mode.

lucky & maybe the kill switch helped too

My mom uses macOS while I use Gnu/Linux. I had zero anxiety the entire time, it was so nice.

Show us some pics of your moms noodz you faggot

my mom hasn't been naked since she was 3. takes a shower in a swim suit, shes actually weird about it, think sheldon on big bang theory but with all that autisim directed towards being naked.

so how does it spread and am i safe as a regular win 7 user?

>Whole family on macOS
The comfy life

wtf really
she must stink

Letting NSA in.

WTF DO I DO, THE FUCKING SECURITY CATALOG WONT EVEN LOAD. I CANT EVEN FKIN DOWNLOAD THE PATCH, IM GETTING FKED

IM NOT EVEN FUCKING MEMEING, THE SECURITY PATCH IS DOWN. I CANT DOWNLAOD IT

What
How did your parents conceive you then?

I have a question regarding Wannacry and a virtual lab I run in VMWare 11.

I run two Win 7s, a Server 08 R2, and Server 12 R2 virtual machines. I use them for testing things including firewall tests but don't keep their Windows update going.

A few questions:
- Are they at risk of being infected? I've read of a kill-switch that the infector worm uses that engages when it detects that its in a sandbox environment.
- If they are infected and it sticks, will it spread through the virtual subnet? I have multiple networks within my lab.
- If infected, could I roll back to an earlier snapshot and cure the infection?
- Finally, if infected, could it escape the virtual lab and encrypt my host machine?

>install Gentoo
Is Alpine good enough?

>takes a shower in a swim suit
that doesn't even make sense

>2017
>installing gentoo
>not void
kys pleb

i have the weirdest boner now thinking about discovering his pale ignominious parts

You are a complete faggot and I hope all your ports get raped.

Godamn... Her smell must be awful

>ITT windows fags with high levels of anxiety because they don't keep regular backups of their files.

If you ever wanted a reason to start taking backups, nows the time. It's not like ransomware is new.

>Backup to Linux server via SMB
>Still lose your data

I'm a Windows user and I was never worried about being infected. It wasn't using an unpatched 0-day exploit and the only Windows computers in my house are all running 10 and were literally never vulnerable (the March patch was for 7 and 8.1 only).

Not to mention the theorized infection path was spear phishing, not a drive-by attack or anything. Any individual who was worried was and is honestly a fucking idiot.

>2036-19
>still using SMBv1

If your workplace's network got infected and you regularly connected your laptop to it, you were totally fucked.

Why would I connect my personal laptop to my work network?

Which update is required?

Why is everyone freaking out over this shit?

You dont even need to update your Windows as long as you dont open attachments in e-mails.

Why would you do that anyway?

i have xp sp1 pirated am i safe?

Of course.

actually, arstechnica said windows 10 was never vulnerable.

But how she changes into the swimsuit if she's not ever naked?

Yep

It affected 10, but 10 is more aggressive with updates. Half of the world is still running 7.

his dad is into cfnm