ANNOUCMENT: DON'T BUY RYZEN

ANNOUCMENT: DON'T BUY RYZEN

os2museum.com/wp/vme-broken-on-amd-ryzen/

its broken.

Other urls found in this thread:

privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2017/05/intel-confirms-remote-code-execution-hole-intel-cpus-since-2008/
arstechnica.com/security/2017/05/intel-patches-remote-code-execution-bug-that-lurked-in-cpus-for-10-years/
ark.intel.com/products/80910/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1231-v3-8M-Cache-3_40-GHz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcode
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ok

privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2017/05/intel-confirms-remote-code-execution-hole-intel-cpus-since-2008/

arstechnica.com/security/2017/05/intel-patches-remote-code-execution-bug-that-lurked-in-cpus-for-10-years/

Good, maybe fuckwits will stop using that ancient shit.

oh shit my 25 year old DOS mode games will need SW emulation instead of native CPU support my world is ending

its a deal breaker.

Thanks just cancelled my order.

considering how obscure the circumstances are to trigger this it's no wonder nobody noticed. also using AMD-V seems to fix it. they probably will fix it with a microcode update... even if it will come at a performance loss, nobody will notice.

oh no it dont work on 32bit windows

You literally cannot "patch" a hardware tool that runs at a sub-OS level inside the OS. Enjoy your placebo, dumbass.

5 rupoos have been deposited into your designated account Rakesh!

So? Intel's TSX is broken on Haswell, Broadwell and was silently disabled on many mobile Skylake CPUs. And this was not microcode fixable while this AMD legacy thing apparently is.

you're shitposting the wrong way

>Haswell

umm sweetie but amd is competing against kaby.

kaby is flawless so far.

Oh shit, thanks OP.
I literally bought R7 1700 to run DOS and now I'll have to return it and buy i7-7700k instead.
Seems like Intel *is* the G-d's chosen company after all!

>kaby is flawless so far.

lol somebody has never seen or heard of an errata list before

Well the AMD erratum is at least fixable, while TSX was just disabled alltogether while still being listed as supported ark.intel.com/products/80910/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1231-v3-8M-Cache-3_40-GHz

>The OS/2 Museum
>has problems running 16-bit code.
Yeah that's something that will surely end the world as we know it.

On a more serous note, a failure to run 16-bit applications when that's meant to be a feature is a failure and AMD does deserve to get grilled. They should have either made it work or just announced that they no longer support 16-bit realtime code.

And you know what? Dropping support for it would probably be the smart thing to do, depending on the cost savings (if there are any?).

Running 16-bit code in dosbox doesn't have this problem since it emulates the entire computer. This is also a non-issue when you run ms-dos in qemu (without kvm).

I'm not sure anyone but the OS/2 museum would notice if they actually dropped that legacy 16-bit support.

delet dis.

i have my entire savings invested in amd stocks

Lol, i just ordered a 1700

not even regretting it friend :)

How the fuck do you patch a hole in a silicon you dumb shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcode

Never buying AMD. You saved me a fortune on my dedicated DOS-Box emulation machine.

Some 16bit code doesn't run on 32bit OSes on Ryzen. Ryzen doesn't even support any 32bit OSes officially.
Take a second to think about how retarded you sound right now.

> Because only 32-bit OSes are affected, and only when running 16-bit real-mode code.
>implying anyone uses that shit

>Almost immediately since the Ryzen CPUs became available in March 2017, there have been various complaints about problems with Windows XP in a VM and with running 16-bit applications in DOS boxes in Windows VMs.

THANK GOD YOU WARNED US OP! SINCE WE ARE ALL RUNNING FUCKING DOS-VMS IN WINDOWS XP.

HOLY SHIT DODGED A FUCKING BULLET THERE.
HOPEFULLY THAT SAME BULLET HITS YOU IN YOUR NIGGERHEAD

now go fuck your father in his pussy you little shit.

>ITS JUST 20% SLOWER IN GAMES
>WE JUST NEED TO WAIT
>NONE USES IT

Neat.