Yfw Microsoft will never pull off something like this

>yfw Microsoft will never pull off something like this
thoughts?

source:
behance.net/gallery/52310985/Windows-10-File-Explorer-UI-Concept

Looks like KDE

well it doesn't look completely terrible

looking good

Would look better without the blur and with coloured icons.

>feature complete
>touch friendly
>new visual features
>cohesive design

Its shit. Sierra has nailed it.

Blur looks great man. Its adds depth and texture to otherwise plain white surface and fades away while plain white background with files draws your attention.
Would look better though if those checkmarks were plain gray, similar to icons in sidebar.

>metro based

The blurry transparency shit looks awful and tabs shouldn't be on the same area as the control buttons because windows 10 has severe bugs related to that, but otherwise it's alright.

>don't read the thread
>think microsoft fixed their new file manager
>think microsoft finally can into design
>read thread
>dissapointment.deb
Why don't they just pay a shitload of cash to the person who makes the best concept art and go with it

looks like kde if it didn't look like a turd*

apple has it already
handcrafted in california by software artisans

Man don't go there, you have to admit KDE looks awesome, too bad it is borderline unusable from all of the bugs in it.

Really neat. At least the concepts shown on the Fluent Design were kinda on that direction. And tabs have been asked a lot on the Feedback Hub. We will see what happens in a couple of months

This looks really fucking sexy, I might like it more than the default explorer.exe too. The only thing I don't like is the Ribbon Bar, but it's nothing to worry much about. If only someone could actually make this happen..

That's pretty much how Mac already looks

>If only someone could actually make this happen.
^this

(it’s in times like this I really feel frustrated by my current level in programming)

I shit on Windows for a lot of different things but one thing I do like is how microsoft does their image/thumbnail viewers(I know its a file explorer but still). Not for just the look but how fucking fast they can manage tens of thousands of images regardless of hardware. Running Windows(Live) Photo Gallery on and old toaster from 2005 on Windows XP still amazes me how it could load up over 60k images plus tags with no problems. I didn't really appreciate this until I've tried a bunch of other image/thumbnail viewers both free and paid(pirated) and they all would crap themselfs trying to load that many images.

I haven't seen how they do things past windows 7 though so things probably changed but that new Filer Explorer looks like it could do just that.

I mean there was a whole thing a while back about a WUP-based explorer being added to Windows but I don't know

Is the windows explorer in Windows S UWP?

KDE is the most unpolished DE on the planet.

Considering that S can't run .exe files, it prolly is.
Is 10S even out yet though?

That looks objectively less functional than Ribbons, while wasting more space.

This looks terrible.

Works just as seamlessly in 10. Windows img previews are really one of the few achievements of those fucks.

>I only accept console or no gui at all / typing blindly

That's you.

well thank god they won't do this shit.
I'd rather run totalcommander than this piece of shit

pajeets can't into creativity or design

why didn't they include tabs in the final build?