Is Chile really first world?

Is Chile really first world?

If they were first world I would be there.

Nope, but still is the closest country in South America to that level

This

no

I hate when some idiot post a picture of a little place to prove Chile is a third world country. Is like me posting a picture of a little street in Detroit to show how is living everywhere in America right now.

BROWN

b-but.. this is what most of chile actually looks like t. go there twice a year, know from santiago to punta arenas

Detroit is better than most of America

Then please post a picture of a city in Chile looking like this (not a street in a little town)

it's one of the most developed countries on SA, but that makes it 1st world?

oh shit Chile and Argentina in the same thread
fight fight fight

I said "a little street in Detroit" like this one...is this picture representative of America?

That picture is from the 80´s

aweonao mira ese hyundai, seguro es de los "80", qlo ciego.

-t. Mississippian

That´s a picture of Calama in the 80´s, this is how it looks right now

It's the least shit.

ez una foto de loh ochentaaaaah, chile es primer mundo...

some parts of detroit are, yeah
more parts aren't

Based upon standard of living measurments, Detroit is slightly better than average.

Then again, statisticians can't take into account how bad being around a lot of black people is.

Its not representative of Michigan, pic related.

A lot of Detroit seems less shitty, and more just empty. I mean, in the average city the sky would be gray and smoggy, with equally gray buildings towering around you. These shitty parts of Detroit just seem like abandoned suburbs outside actual Detroit (which I dislike far more).

Is the Philippines really first world?

santiago yes. Chile no.

t. visited chile.

Why the fuck are there no grass or trees in Chilean towns/cities.

texas seems to be doing quite well for itself desu all things considered

Depends on the part of the country. There are few trees in the arid north (desert and stuff) but here in Rancagua for example I think it would be hard to find a street without any tree on sight outside from downtown.
Also seasons are important, right now for example everything here is green af. Summer makes everything drier and uncared grass dies. The more south you go it turns more green and trees are more common.

>the tallest building in his city is your mom's dildo

That picture is definitely not from the 80s.

No

Well, on May 22nd, they had some government protests and they're constantly at war with Bolivia, I think

Uruguay or Chile?

chilean wine and pisces is really good and it's cheaper i wanna go visit chile but it's so far from my land

Nothing with Bolivia, Evo still cry for the lost of the sea, nothing else, not an armed conflict or something like that.

With the government it's something different, we have problems with the corruption since we found out that all political parties were bought by bussinesmen

>it's a "chile thread" episode

The tallest building in the whole continent, actually.

t. your mom

*20% of Santiago

There's lots in my city, it depends

For some reason I kinda fell in love with Los Andes when I went to Chile... I know it's just a regular town, but I'm not sure if it's because it reminded me of my town or the people but I loved it, very green too.

China is a poor county. If it weighs in the world, it simply because they are 1.4 billion.

>China

No southamerican cunt is first world. We have never claimed to be one (and probably never will)

Is rural france first world? Is Paris first world? Do you feel safe in Paris?

Chile is still a middle income country. Same ballpark as Poland, Malaysia, Turkey.

>Chile is still a middle income country
Not really

>Venezuela
>High Income

Negro, por favor.

>Petroleo
Mal uso =/= falta de ingresos

tell that to the world bank m8

Petrodollars don't show the true standard of living. Venezuela was 20% rich 80% poor for decades. I look at things like Internet access and car ownership for proper indications.

Went to Punta Arenas, can confirm.

yes, we are first world country

argentinian are poor and ugly, u can confirm in this thread

keep dreaming wn

kek

but srs why argentinian so poor?

Chile is very poor my leaf friend, don't let them fool you.
Every country in sa is third world without exceptions.

>Based upon standard of living measurments, Detroit is slightly better than average.
...source? I spend a lot of time here defending Detroit but this even seems unrealistic to me

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Chile the best out of all the South American countries?

You are right.
And Argentina and Urugay are nice too.

As you can tell from those pictures. the bad part of Detroit is just a bunch of abandoned industry sites and neighbors. People don't actually live in these shitholes, apart from homeless and stuff like that.

All I know is that Chile is doing good and probably most advanced country in South America and better than 80% of countries in the world.
But its far behind USA/Canada/Germany/Norway/UK/France/Swizz/Ireland etc....
Few skyscrapers means nothing, its Bangkok in pic...so is Thailand 1st world? Hell no, nation that was literaly invented in Vietnam war cuz Americans had no money to send their soldiers on vacation home they saw some nice land, sea, built few hotels and bars and local chincks started to earn money on americans, girls were spreading legs for 0,1% of green card. To cut story thats how thailand became known, even with better Serbian sallary you could go there and piss all over like a God. But if you look at this pic you would say they are fucking powerfull as London.

fag

poortugal!!! hnahahjahshashasas

already southern cone is better than eastern europe lol

Nope

They are now in the middle income trap(like us and other former commie countries), if they would surpass that than congratulation

6 countreis are abovr argentina, one above you

In 2-3 years 3 countries will be above you

>eastern europe is better than spain lol

you are a shit with shitty salaries, not thanks

>already southern cone is better than eastern europe lol
Yeah, some parts of it are better than some parts of EE. For example, Argentina is much better than Ukraine. But the most developed countries in EE are better than the most developed southern cone countries. (in every aspect, HDI, Gini, GDP per capita, PP...)

Are skyscrapers, those ugly symbols of corporate vanity, a sign of development? Or are they just miniature colonies reserved for the cosmopolitan elite?

I think you know the answer.

argentina has the same hdi than poland

that would be Uruguay

Who is first world these days? The irrelevant and wealthy city-states?

Yes, of course we are.

But below Slovenia, Czechia etc..
Poland is not the most developed EE country

1st world is a politically loaded term and has always been more ideological than an 'empirical' classification. It's particularly useless now since things like wealth and development are concentrating at an accelerated rate and extreme variance happens at a sub-city level.

eastern europe = commie shit

south america = descendants of spain

its a matter of time that even venezuela gets ahead of all slavs