No krunner.

KDE exists.

1. there is a stickness setting so youre able to easily place them alongside
2. there is a shortcut for it in window manager settings

Screen tearing

>tfw not using compton
why?

>still gtk2-based
Fortunately they are porting it to gtk3, but it will probably not be released until the next century.

compton is not near as good as KWin compositor or Mutter.

It's not LXDE with openbox.

But it is more lightweight, so fits Xfce better, although you can run Kwin with Xfce too if you want.

I love XFCE but I'm thinking about a move to KDE.

>last major update: 28 feb 2015
It's dead.

Nah, it is just finished, nothing to do.

Yeah, no. It's still on gtk2. At this pace, they'll start writing wayland compositor in 2030, when debian will be the only distro with at least some xorg support left.

Wayland won't take off anytime soon. Sadly X is good enough, so people won't bother to switch, just like when it comes to switching from Windows or macOS or something else to Linux.

LXDE is easier to rice and uses the powerful openbox windows manager.

I like fluxbox more, and used to run it as my WM for Xfce.

Gnome already defaults to wayland, plasma will catch up by the next year, sway is already good enough, all other DEs will either catch up or start slowly dying in a few years. If nothing changes, xfce will be the one to die.

Joking aside I was actually wondering, what if I use Kwin with Xfce, would that make Xfce run on Wayland natively?

Ugly

What advantages does XFCE give you over LXDE?

No, at least not until they move to gtk3. The panel and everything else xfce would have to run in xwayland since gtk2 doesn't support wayland.

in my experience the panel is more customizable and has more applets to extend its functionality.

They're on their way on migrating to gtk3 but the process is very slow.

Fair enough, but I honestly don't think wayland is catching on in the next 5 years. That is enough time for Xfce devs to finish porting it to Gtk3.

Thunar doesn't have folder specific views, that's pretty much the only thing left wrong with it since they fixed the crash on rename shit.

Better panel, more plugins, looks better.

Desktop environments don't fucking matter

You can also use openbox with xfce if you want.

Porting to gtk3 would only mean that it can launch natively in wayland. It probably won't work properly because wayland handles all the window stuff differently. And if they want to use their wm, they'll have to write a compositor too.

It's a good DE but even the best DE is total shit in comparison to any WM.

One of the devs talked about slight design changes because of Gtk3, he migh have been talking about it because of what you wrote.

just change your window borders.

>2. there is a shortcut for it in window manager settings
I can't find it. That one pixel to resize is annoying as fuck.

yes

Window manager (or something like that) and keyboard tab. You can change it to your taste.

yeah ok, I can give it a keyboard shortcut, but that's not the same thing. The only real way to change it is to have huge borders taking up space.

>that's not the same thing.
Yeah, you start it on keyboard. This way you can resize terminal even if it's don't have any decoration.

Making your own DE is still a DE.

alt + right mouse button