Undervolting

>he doesn't undervolt
Have you no shame?

my 6700k is trash and has to be at 1.35 volts on stock clocks.

But I do user
Literally no downside

It's so harmless and easy it should be a part of the user's manual of every MOBO.

On desktop it's ok to have a undervolt but laptops especially would benefit. Less heat/sound and more battery, it's perfect.

I have an FX-8370. How much can I undervolt while staying on stock frequencies?

105 bclk and +20 offset so it doesn't get whea errors at low loads

Why would I undervolt when I can overclock?

It's different for every chip.
If you don't have dual BIOS and are afraid of removing battery just go in little steps and see when stress test fails. Then go one step above and do a long stress test.
Otherwise just do a binary search.
1)If you don't really need more performance.
2)If you like silence.
3)If you have too high temps.
Probably more reasons. Also, unless you got a ballsy overclock you can probably undervolt your overclock a bit.

What's the advantage of decreasing bclk?

Why not both? I've got a moderate OC while still being able to undervolt a bit. Less heat, less noise, less power consumption.

Except I do, no change in performance for an unlocked Fury, and it's a fuckton cooler, even after giving it a fresh slab of MX-4

I've never tried going the opposite way. I suppose you would be underclocking the ram and pci bus as well as cpu. you could undervolt the core further and maybe lower pll and pch voltages as well. Id leave it at 100 and limit multi though for muh stability. Getting bclk dialed 100% can be a bitch.

I got this CPU aswell. It need 1,2V for stock speeds

I can reach 4,7GHz with 1,33V
But I not into overclocking so I'll stick with stock speeds

Feels nice

What was your temp drop and stock voltage?

Stock voltage was 1.225V
Temps under full load are now at about 51C
Before undervolting they were at like 62C
Using the boxed cooler

>He doesn't overvolt to 130k volts or higher
What's the matter? don't you like electricity?

Nice.

intel fags BTFO

Nice. I'm considering using a R7 1700 for a home server build. This would be very nice for the power bill.