I got some t42 thinkpad what fucking distro could I stuck here?

I got some t42 thinkpad what fucking distro could I stuck here?
Looks like not even lxle is able to be installed here
Puppy werks fine but looks like one of those toy computers for kids (the ones from the 90s not the smarphones)

Other urls found in this thread:

bunsenlabs.org/
os2world.com/
reactos.org/
haiku-os.org/
download.haiku-os.org/nightly-images/x86_gcc2_hybrid/
ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Cross_build_environment
thepiratebay.org/torrent/8014305/Windows_XP_Pro_SP2_(32-Bit)_bootable_ISO_image
murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=73687
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Debian

gentoo

Mint

this, devuan, arch or gentoo

change the theme dumbass

Give BensenLabs a try. It's basically just Debian for people too lazy to configure Openbox and Tint2. Works pretty well on my ThinkPad R60 with 3GB of RAM and a T2300.

bunsenlabs.org/

Pic related also might work if you're into retroish stuff, but be prepared to go through driver hell and have no modern programs. I've been running OS/2 Warp 4 in a VM and it's not very user friendly. There's also a community dedicated to IBM OS/2 that I know of.

os2world.com/

React OS is an open source operating system that aims to be binary compatible with Windows. It's a Windows clone that's the result of reverse engineering Windows itself. It's kinda shit and you'll need to go driver hunting like it's 1995.

reactos.org/

Last option is Haiku. Haiku is to BeOS what React OS is to Windows. It's easy to use and WiFi mostly works out of the box. There are very few programs for it, but you can shitpost on Sup Forums using QupZilla. It's neat to tinker with.

haiku-os.org/

Forgot to mention two things. Firstly, OS/2 requires 2 CDs. One for the boot disc and one for the installer. You'll need to swap to disc 2 to install the OS. It will not boot from flash drives (I've tried). Secondly, if you try Haiku you should go with the latest nightly image. It has the most drivers and bug fixes.

download.haiku-os.org/nightly-images/x86_gcc2_hybrid/

Debian stable or unstable with xfce is super comfy on my T43. If you want to try something really memey, FreeBSD is fun too. I'm tribooting my T43 with Win 7, debian stable, and FreeBSD.

unironically Arch

ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads
>Network installer

you'll have a working base system in minutes
skip last step of installer (don't select additional pkg groups)
reboot and install what you want
apt install i3 lxdm lxappearance pcmanfm gnome-themes-standard breeze-icon-theme

Arch is literally shit for old computers, it is wasting resources left and right in order to be simple and easy to use.
I use Arch myself, I'm not talking shit because I hate it, this is just the reality of it.

Lubuntu

Why do you say lxle won't work? I have an R51 which is same generation and Lubuntu seems to work fine there, though I don't really use that machine.

I was thinking about putting Puppy on there because it is so unique and weird. Also considering Void for minimalism.

x41 user here (celeron 1.44ghz and 1go ddr), I use ubuntu 16.04 server edition (just a basesystem, no unity cuckery), it works flawless, audio and wifi works out of the box, just just need an extra package for USB automount which is a matter of seconds to install. A full system with xorg and i3-wm takes ~190mb of ram and like 10% cpu. In post install i'd recommend you to install streamlink to play your youtube videos without lags, wps office and palemoon as a web browser

>gentoo

You need days to compile anything in a old laptop you ubuntu subhuman

S L A X
L
A
X

>what is cross-compiling
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Cross_build_environment

Slax is only good as a live distro that you use to comfortably wget the stage3 tarball and install gentoo.

Hey, you just reminded me I've got one too.

Think I threw xubuntu on there.

What's with you retards and underestimating hardware.
Even with only 512mb of ram Lubuntu runs fine on a T42.
Upgrade to 2gb and you can go full bloatbuntu with unity and shit.

Or just run windows XP
It was made for XP, no reason to not run XP
My T42 and G40 both run XP, my late x41t ran full Lubuntu on a Fuckin ULV Pentium M and 1.5gb of ram with integrated graphics
And even that thing was somehow able to run Minecraft at play able frame rates.

>windows XP
Where do I get one?

thepiratebay.org/torrent/8014305/Windows_XP_Pro_SP2_(32-Bit)_bootable_ISO_image

Burn it to a disc.

Here are some universal product keys you can try.

KLSDJ-FERIO-UT843-U8JF8-43Y84
93UJF-KDSIU-YT78Y-SDKJF-IOEWJ
FIOSD-FUHY7-ERTY7-843UR-OEJFK
DSHFG-8734Y-78927-4932J-FKJSD
FVHER-UIYT7-84358-93047-48294
2307T-78436-YKJDF-SLHNV-JKSDH
JKSDH-FGSDH-FKJSD-MNF32-98784
79Y5F-I34QY-65784-30UJR-DKSDG
OUI8W-Y3458-7934R-UREJG-KPWER
UIT89-0432U-Y0UTD-JSMCF-KLASD
HIUWE-Y4I78-34U5T-98234-U782T

>SP2
What application can I run on it?

>play able frame rates.
60?

I think Puppy still uses single-click, which can be irritating for users that need to switch to different OSs regularly.

Lubuntu is still my favorite, light and simple but still easy to use.

all of them because it's windows.

>Puppy still uses single-click
Only JMW. switch to XFCE or even KDE.

Wow, duh! I can't believe I didn't realize that... What's the effective difference between XFCE, LXDE and KDE?

I meant version wise.
Firefox dropped support for XP in a long time.

Different DE, same shit.
murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=73687

30Fps average on low settings, no stutter though, it ain't pretty but it was definitely playable

Literally deprecated by Porteus

>Knifes

Cinnamon is the correct choice.

thanks man !!

Just buy a real computer

>XP
>gamespy
>counter-strike
memories