What's the best app for playing music on Android?

What's the best app for playing music on Android?

Google Play is fucking shit with all the market integration and navigation, and it can't display images embedded in FLAC or v0 metadata, which triggers me, and Winamp has been pulled from the market. God fucking damn it, back in the Android 4.4 days you just had a fucking normal stock music player that was slick and easy to navigate with no bullshit attached.

VLC.

Thought VLC was designed around playing videos

bump

For local music, poweramp.

Phonograph. Or vanilla player on fdroid
always.

Try looking on F-Droid, it has less apps so less bullshit to sort through.

This

Seconding phonograph.

Tried shuttle+ for a while, but phonograph keeps me cumming back

All the third party apps are shit. You just have to hope your phone came with a good OEM music app

I'll check these out, but Vanilla can't detect any music on my device for whatever reason

Maple JB

the non-play store version is a jewish trick as it requires google mail app (yes, google mail, not googlemail/gmail nor stockdroid email app)

cannot recommend anymore, although it is the best (bought it two times, but the second time i was sad pepe when i found out i need goyimmail anyway)

>the non play store version

But why would you need that?
Anyways, Poweramp so far seems like the best as it actually fucking allows you to just browse by folders in a really neat way instead of labeling everything under artist/album etc. and filling in the blanks with shitty art randomly pulled from the internet. You can even add album art to the albums that have it missing.

Stelio is cheap and very good it has a add-less version.

for getting a few hours more battery runtime, fignewton

>inb4 denial

i'm not an android expert so idk lad

Shuttle.

Foobar2000

Fucking PowerAmp can't deal with v0 either or something apparently.

At least it says Unknown Artist etc. for a bunch of shit that is throroughly tagged and displayed just fine on winamp on PC

Shuttle

>Spotify
FUCKING NORMALFAG GET OFF MY BOARD RIGHT NOW

local music, not streamshit

Blackplayex

You can have it populate your local music as well dingus, both on PC and on mobile

Blackplayer is shit. It does this thing where it randomly fucking adds artists that have no connection whatsoever to the artist you want to listen to to the same artist name.

Like earlier i had some fucking Emo band on my DJ Rashad album

Aimp

Fuck you got that from?

Can you just look through your folders on this or does it arrange shit with artists and albums by itself and fills in the blanks with random shit it pulls from the internet, like an artist image

Hiby Music

It's got all the audiophile quality of Neutron without the snake oil, and it's free

Ignore anyone recommending any shit that just uses the built-in Android decoders and can't play esoteric formats like OGG and ISO

It all sucks, run mpd inside a chroot for a better experience than all the shit you can get for android.

aimp blows

Any answer except foobar is wrong.

This usually does the trick:

Settings > Media Library > Scan Full Filesystem

Let me see.
I feel as though i would've seen that tho

Even when i pick my SD card in Indexed Directories and save that setting it just won't scan it. Idk lad

Install termux
>apt update
>apt install mpv
Thank me later

WTF NOW MY SYSTEM IS INFECTED WITH WANNACRY

bumps

Black Player

Simple and effective. Clean UI and free.

Blackplayer fucks with artist names by filling in some non existing blanks with guess shit

this

On iOS I use Boom. Does that exist on android? It sounds just like Dolby processing but it's their own algorithms.

There used to be a Dolby app on iOS from Jabra but I think Dolby is pulling all their licensing.

Are there any Dolby apps on android? I would only trust it if its official