Spend months ricing TWMs

>Spend months ricing TWMs
>After existential crisis, install MATE
>Customize it a bit to be dark gray, dark turquoise, easy on the eyes, some comfy italic serif fonts, some useful stuff on the taskbar, and put taskbar up top
>Draw a custom Super Menu button with Pinta and apply it for fun in only a minute
>Actually enjoying myself more in this desktop environment than I ever did fooling around in i3.
>Relax in my easy to use, comfy as fuck desktop with almost no effort to set up and never look back
Man, it feels good to be back to basics. Fuck rice threads. It was all an autism stimulation activity from the beginning. With only 15 minutes I am more satisfied with my desktop than any rice I constructed. Share similar or contrasting experiences, and don't worry if you want to call me a faggot. I know that MATE and XFCE are love, and life.

The moral of the story is: Happiness lies in NOT making tons of decisions. Happiness lies in forgetting there were was anything to pick instead.

that looks like shit tho

owo desktop thread?

You disgrace your waifu with that OS.

best OS for best waifu

dat chest tho

sucks that replies to hidden posts arent hidden.

flat chest is the best

Elmayo.

I always love your wallpaper, can you share this one perhaps?

indeed, thats one hot chest

your icons and fonts look awful
i bet you maximized your browser after taking that screenshot too

sorry you couldn't read the docs and modify a basic config file

That's not the point.
I know it looks like shit to the autistic eye.
The point is that it's comfortable to USE and doesn't make my eyes bleed with bright pinks and yellows and shitty animu.

Those are standard GNOME icons. I didn't care.
Fonts are a matter of taste.

Wrong and wrong.

no your wrong

it is a art

is this the new comfy desktop thread?

are you the new sissy slut?

Open Sup Forums serves the purpose of proving the OP didn't save the desktop from someone else a long time ago.

If their browser was maximized, you wouldn't see the wallpaper, so really there's no avoiding it. I don't see why you're sperging out over a simple action like minimizing a window.

Keep it simple, stupid

its just a vm that is only used to take screenshots and post in desktop threads.

>Using MATE because you don't want to rice
>Rice MATE

No, the moral of the story is that you grew up and started to value function over form.

Gas yourselves.

these threads are good for finding new words for my filter. the degenerates come here and shitpost and i add any non technology related word they use to the list.

you have to go back

you have to stop derailing threads.

the only thing derailing threads are idiots like you

says the anime bait poster. theres no other reason to post that exactly same image here every day.

Mind sharing your filter? I think I'll adopt your strategy

It's not for everyone. I use a basic bitch DE myself, but it's just because I don't care or want to customize it. Still think our resident autists who do make some damn cool looking desktops.

its just a short list with things like owo feet socks waifu and for names at least Femanon

I need that background

Thanks!

It isn't ricing considering it took 10 minutes and was only done with the mouse.

Objectively what is wrong with maximizing your browser on a 1080p display? Am I missing out on some productivity boost or something?
I've done it since long before I even had 1080p, probably dating back to 2003 or so.
My monitor centered in front of my keyboard always has my primary task maximized with the secondary tasks on the second monitor in some window's "tiling" config. Sup Forums specifically has a ton of empty space but I use in-line expansion so if I click a big picture I'll maximize with out thinking and leave it like that.

nothing but i dont do it because i have more than one program open and most sites look retarded with high res screens.

you high res plebs will never know the joy of scrolling, dragging windows, and low latency text input that is provided through 144hz.
unless you're a 1440p/165hz nigger i hate u so much