When did this board become Sup Forums 2.0?

When did this board become Sup Forums 2.0?

about 5 years ago when the number of desktop threads overshadowed the number of software and hardware threads

When we allowed bst

When AMD brought sexy back.

>MUH GAYMERS AMIRITE? WE LINUX USERS ARE SO ABOVE THESE NON LINUX KEKS

this is some elitist circlejerk to make your pathetic lives seem less pathetic
go compile your lives together, neckbeard fucks

Reddit invasion happened apparently

newfag

back in the days, we told people who violated the sticky to fuck off

then some kind people joined, who helped aynway
this was a bad move, because it invited even more stupid question threads, which made windows users feel safe at Sup Forums and made them stay

damn windows is disgusting

This. These threads are fucking cancer and should be banned

>complaining about le Sup Forums 2.0
>when this board is an extension of /lgbt/ and Sup Forums

Because Windowsfags and Macfags are nothing but retarded consumerist shits.

This board has always been primarily Windows users. We just don't talk about it since it's the default and it just works.
Linux users are the vegans of computing. Everybody has to hear how you use Linux and how everybody who doesn't are MURDERERS! You never shut up about it. That doesn't make you the majority, just noisy about your ridiculous beliefs.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Fat fuck detected

yesterday

>We

Non-ironic answer; 2009.

when Sup Forums became Sup Forums 2.0
circa 2014.

From day one has this board been Sup Forums 2.0 don't even deny it.

GPU wars, GPU shitposting, crying wokajs (just like Sup Forums has hurr durr), giving a shit about FPS when talking about CPUs, basically.

Have some ancient pre-chans internets humor.

At least those 2 have natural explanations. Videogames have like 4 different boards already and yet they STILL find they way here.

Videogames are overtaking this whole god danm forum.

THIS

It's not even Sup Forums directly that is the problem, but retarded consumerism in general

General attract tons of boring normalfags

I hate /mkg/ the most even tho I like mechanical keyboards.
They're basically /fa/

Sup Forums has been pc gaming and poorfags that can't even afford an os since the good ol' days. People just want to wax lament and pretend it was ever any different

poverty line
~~~~~~~~~
grapes.jpg

What the fuck do you expect? You didn't REALLY think most of Sup Forums buys $300+ CPU's/GPU's just to shitpost, right? The fact I see more of Sup Forums put more effort into whining about video games than they did over things in the past to rightly-whine about (doge, smoking threads, etc.) will continue to ensure that people who care about posting quality will ignore anyone that worries about game discussion being the TRUE cancer killing Sup Forums

I know this, because when I see people examples of video game-centric tech discussion killing Sup Forums, they refer to threads along the lines of "HAY WAT GAMING KEYBOARD IS GOOD???? GUYS??? MODS???" that are just shitpost magnets for approx. 20-30 mins. before they disappear entirely, i.e. shit that you'll never notice

BUT, there's also a faction that insists people in a dedicated GPU/CPU discussion thread who talk about performance relative to gaming power are just as bad as the first type of person, which cements the idea that the people complaining about this hypothetical Sup Forums invasion are just a bunch of bitchmade middle-aged code fucks that can't handle the notion of a PC being a multi-use platform. The shitposting you see in GPU/CPU threads also tends to be less Sup Forums-grade bantz, and more of the standard brand-warrning that's existed in Sup Forums ever since the dawn of Windows vs. Linux brand-warring, it only has a different name

Unless anyone can formulate a better argument for this Sup Forums takeover that no one is capable of giving real evidence towards (especially when the reasons involve posting quality that's exactly the same if you switch "video games" with "computer thing"), you will continue to be that loud and noisy poster yelling "VIDEO GAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES" towards an uncaring god

>At least those 2 have natural explanations
Those natural explanations are guaranteed to be just as natural (or LESS natural) than the relation of games to hardware

I mostly browse Sup Forums, and as I see it, Sup Forums has always been kinda Sup Forums 2.0, if only because of obnoxious PCfags and mustard race idiots, which Sup Forums generally hates.

I've seen countless off-topic threads on Sup Forums about builds, PC temps, keyboards, battle stations, and other non-vidya crap that belongs on Sup Forums instead.

Or sometimes we'll be having a polite, cordial vidya discussion, but then a PCfag comes in to shit up the talk with his obnoxious mustard race nonsense, like pining over graphics and specs instead of actual gameplay quality, or PC port begging.

I've redirected PCkids to Sup Forums many, many times.

In short, it goes both ways. Many boards overlap, in good and bad ways.

I use a ryzen 7 1800X, an Rx 580 you fucking idiot gamer NEET

Sounds like you overspent for your non-gaming box.

Typical cancer cell brought to you by Sup Forums refugees

The Video card is quite cheap, but the processor is useful for me

Hur dur i hate games see speccy thread gtx 1070 gtx 1080 and dont give me that bull shit gpus are for more then just gaymen

>Imagine being at computers

Speccy threads are Sup Forums too, the same people who post in /bst/

This among other things. Everyone who isn't a programmer or sysadmin should be banned, ideally. Nowadays Sup Forums is being ruined by people who don't actually know anything about technology, and just come here for brainless discussion of consumer electronics and gaymer toys.

When there were more people regularly browsing the board who couldn't program computers than those who could in at least two languages.

So basically, Sup Forums has always been Sup Forums for people who pretended to know tech.

All the people who actually write code to any significant extent are off doing their jobs.

B-but user, we ARE better than you. This is just a fact, don't fight it. With each post you shit on Linux users, you prove us right.

But that's not true. It's just a delusion that you share with your buddies herr

When Clover defaulted to Sup Forums

f&spbp

All the old guys left to /tech/ or dropped imageboards altogether for hacker news or reddit.

>Imagine being at computers
Gets me every time.

spends $500 to run his toy vms, doesn't even utilize all 16 threads. Gets mad on 4chinz, has 6 chinz
typical thinkpad gentooman, posts only windows and apple h8 (can't afford)
you guys have been using the same pics and the same arguments for 5 years, the same toxic broken record bitching, the same strawmen, everything

Damn right we're better. Now if you'll excuse me I have to spend the rest of the afternoon getting this printer driver to work

Fuck off. Linux can work perfectly fine without corelibs it's just not viable.