Just found out about ProtonMail encrypted email located in Switzerland, any one use this before?

just found out about ProtonMail encrypted email located in Switzerland, any one use this before?
mail.protonmail.com/login

This one is pretty neat. It encrypts your entire mailbox (all emails and attachments, I believe) and stores it on a Swiss server as an encrypted blob. When you log in, the browser downloads this blob. The blob then prompts for a password to decrypt the blob. You can then read your mail.

I signed up for it back when they were gathering users and I had to be put on a waitlist. That was back in 2015. They're pretty reputable (as webmail goes). Most people on this site have at least heard of it. They also have paid subscriptions where you can get extra storage.

Only con is that you can't use an external client like Thunderbird because it can't read the blob.

lurk more shill

/thread

>not using RiseUp
kek the fuck out shilling fa99ot

You're either a retarded shill or pic related.

>Only con is that you can't use an external client like Thunderbird because it can't read the blob.
damn it that sucks, well maybe later it can then I can finally give gmail the boot

Hey did you know that protonmail routes all emails through Mossad servers?

It great but their site uses too much javascript for my old pc and you cant really use any third party mail clients

Everyone knows about it. We all have an account but use Gmail.

>We

Keep in mind that while this may be better than most email services, email is still a fundamentally insecure protocol.

Speak for yourself.

they're already beta testing this.

>kebab free mailing
where's the problem?

No
Yeah, we. That's what I said.

why is he retarded?

>just found out about ProtonMail
Did you live in a cave ? lurk more faggot.

Well, hopefully there are no backdoors. If there aren't, there isn't an issue.

dumb question but how can Protonmail pretend not to be able to read my mail if people send me unencrypted mail and I have to send them unencrypted mail?

There is a sort of nodejs workaround for this, but I haven't tried it.

I'm buying a Convoy S2+, what batteries and battery charger should I get?

how is this better than lavabit

Fuck, wrong thread.

It's free