/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Post your component list, rate other anons', and ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to improve specs or build quality or to lower price, etc

Assemble your parts list; built-in price comparisons by vendor and a compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

Gaming builds based monitor resolution
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings
>Note: Win7 and 8.1 cannot be easily installed on the latest AMD or Intel chipsets

Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
logicalincrements.com/
>Useful as a tier/increment-based resource only; see the pcbg pcpartpicker for more reasonable builds.

Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/22KYBP
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrxhf_xZWI
pcpartpicker.com/product/dWL7YJ/asrock-ab350m-pro4-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-ab350m-pro4
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/3BnFhq
pcpartpicker.com/list/nJTsf8
pcpartpicker.com/list/HPdsf8
pcpartpicker.com/list/4HPQYr
pcpartpicker.com/list/7p46VY
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pmXPHN
smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/black-opal-a-little-seen-sffpc-case.2077/
youtube.com/watch?v=1ojR_kJde_E
youtu.be/NMn-9V3WbCw?t=3m24s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Intel CPU notes
>100 series chipsets (Z170, B150, ect) don't work out of the box with Kaby Lake
>Z series chipsets have an "Enhanced Turbo", which allows all cores to run at the highest single core boost clockspeed (works for Skylake CPUs as well)
>Pentium G4560 is the best price / perf four thread CPU on a modern platform
>All Kaby Lake CPUs work natively with 2400MHz DDR4 memory

General commentary
>Do not underestimate the impact of fast (>2400, e.g, 3000MHz) RAM in conjunction with a Z270 or B350/X370 series chipset, which often provides as much of a performance boost as a CPU overclock
>The only worthwhile 1080p gfx cards are the GTX 1050, RX 570, 4GB RX 580, 6GB GTX 1060 (GTX 1070 is acceptable but severe overkill)
>G4560 iGPU is fine for LoL, DOTA2, Rocket League, etc

pcpartpicker.com/list/22KYBP
yay or nay?

fucking shill retarded op again

someone make a proper thread

>Razer KB+M

Oh no, its retarded.

Proper thread over here

Move over

You probably want an aftermarket cool if you're going to try for a 3.0-4.0GHz OC

Fuck off retard

Must feel pretty bad to have the one thing that provides you pleasure in your life get taken away

why not taking samsung 960 nvme m.2?
your mobo has slot for it

Definitely. On a price to performance basis, spending an extra few dollars for faster RAM is one of most no-brainer buffs to a PC.

Memory compatibility is hit or miss with Ryzen. Check the PCBG pcpartpicker link in the OP for RAM that is confirmed working.

So what's the deal with RAM speeds on Ryzen? Will I actually see any benefits with 3200 mHz RAM on a B350 mobo?

MODS

One more note: The 3000MHz RAM in the suggested builds will run at 2933 with a B350 or X370 mobo

Most overclocked to 3.8-3.9ghz on stock with no issues. And 3.7ghz is generally the very safe clock on stock. The whole point on going r5 1600 is for it's value for money set if i were to buy an aftermarket cooler anyways might as well as go 1600x.
They just happen to be actually reasonably priced in my country and there's no cheaper alternative with that amount of extra buttons which i need them considering i play competitive pvp on wow and i also need the kb being mechanical.
I did put both that and sata ssd.

>pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
Slightly less shit than before. Still pretty shit.

>Most overclocked to 3.8-3.9ghz on stock with no issues
The 1600 itself can often reach those clocks (obviously the silicon lottery applies), but you can run into thermal throttling issues with the stock cooler.

Untangle your panties and play by the rules - delete your thread.

How to match a CPU with a gfx card, part 1

Your builds do suck

How to match a CPU with a gfx card, part 2

>That small Toshiba sample
Worrying desu

That is a very dangerous image as it skips out some technical information that is highly relevant.

Such as? Anyway "dangerous" is nothing but an exaggeration

you can probably put up to a 1080 with an i5 6600 without the cpu bottlenecking.

Anyone have experience buying Intel engineering samples? Good buy?

Go watch buildzoid's vids.

youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ/videos

Not in the case of Gears 4 at 1080p. If you're going to spend 500+USD on a gfx card you want to make sure you can use it, not that anyone should buy a GTX1080 for 1080p.

At higher resolutions like 4K the bottleneck will be pushed back to the gfx card.

Anyone tried Asrock AB350 Gaming K4 with G.Skill Flare X 16GB DDR4-3200MHz? It says that the mobo supports this kit at 3200mhz and i'm about to pull the trigger on this set.

Fuck off Jordan/ le falcon. You got busted shilling.

Ayy? A thread with actual helpful advice without shilling?

Better let it slide

>you got busted shilling.
got some more info or something?
I am curious
but it seems as if aspies were just going reeeee
instead of having some facts

Cougar qbx? Y/n?

What's the status on Ryzen mobos, mainly mATX? Is it worth it to wait a few months to see if anything better is released?

the current AM4 boards are fine

if you like it sure
other candidates in that price range are Sharkoon QB One if available or Sugo SG13B

thats some expensive RAM, i'll cross my fingers for you too

good luck buddy

they are decent, but if you are not in a rush then no harm in waiting to sort some things out, on my asus prime B350M-A there is new bios every month and ram compatibility is still something you should check out

heres decent vrm overview
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrxhf_xZWI

go search the trips for Jordan, falcon and "Jordans laptop" (written in weeb)
He's connected them all as him. He was busted feeding false info/shilling a while back.
I don't have caps. But basically lurk moar.

pcpartpicker.com/product/dWL7YJ/asrock-ab350m-pro4-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-ab350m-pro4

Is this fine?

so, you saying you got nothing
I can tell you to go lurk more for proof that you mother was fucked by pack of niggers on 9/11 you just have to search for it.

You are going reeeee about this specific thread
so there must be something very wrong with stuff posted in OP post
so either show up or shut up
falcon been on Sup Forums developing incremental guide minimum 5 years now
you really need something better than "go lurk more"

Fuck off Jordan. You've been whimpering away for a month or two now from getting BTFO.
Now you come here to shill your website more, the one you run ads and product placement on. You don't even give technical information. Just Hurr durr buy this.

Best way to give Wifi to an home PC? My box router is 7 meters away behind 2 walls.

The Asus boards are better

> want to build my first pc
> spend weeks researching
> getting excited and finally decide on a build
> order all my components from "cheap" aussie website
> no update for a week
> they call and say one of the components is unavailable and I have to resubmit my whole order
> another week has passed and still no dispatch
> no doubt postage could be another 2 weeks on top

Why can't Australian businesses get their shit together? Why am I being punished for living in the world's greatest country?

seriously you are new on Sup Forums?

logicalincrement site been fine for ages, and it started on Sup Forums as a pic and was pinned actually as first post instead of aspie stallman
its still there in stallman posts still

I know I see occasionally falcon having a thread consulting Sup Forums which feels mighty fine

dunno about ads as I have ublock always on and never seen a single one there, but the whole site is all about technical info so you saying no info just underlines how retarded you are.
if he makes some extra few $ from normies so that we dont have to guide every single moron through getting correct socket... whats the issue
I would say that simple image would be better, shit got large and convoluted, but whatever

I thought you had some actual shit, like him recommending absolute bullshit for some money on the side... but seems you are just jelly cuz you are useless

falcon is pretty cool actually, at least for a dirty subhuman pajeet
and is he really named jordan? that does not sound like malaysia or indonesia or wherever the fuck he is from

now show us more how you can go reeeeeeeeeeeee with nothing but some jelly hate

asus has only one mATX B350 board
and it does not have heatsinks on mosfets

post build, we will tear it appart showing you all the mistakes you did and what you should have take
that will take your mind off the waiting and in to the magical land of regret
but you an aussie you live there

Well since you put it that way au.pcpartpicker.com/list/3BnFhq

OK smartarse. What's there to gain for not including that link? Nothing. Why would someone 'fabricate' accusations against it?
You're only pushing for it because of finical gain.
If you knew anything you'd know the wiki was never really wanted or maintained. and that logical was only allowed to keep back the hoards of how I build a PC thread.
Now that we've got a dedicated thread we revert to keeping finical gain out of decision making.
Fuck off you dirty Jew.
>never seen ads I've got Ublock
Pffft. Never looked at the count of ads blocked have you?
15 fucking ads on that site. Tracking Sup Forums users. Removing their anonymity.
Die in a fire you mongoloid fuck.

>tfw just got the Gigabyte gaming 3 mATX
Am I fucked for a 6 core ryzen? Can I hit at least 3.8Ghz?

>Why would someone 'fabricate' accusations against it?
because of hate and envy and being useless fucks who hangs out daily in build threads and the incremental guide completely replaces you with your little knowledge

funny how accusations now shrinked to "ads on website"

rreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
rrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
rrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>15 fucking ads on that site. Tracking Sup Forums users. Removing their anonymity.
nigger Sup Forums tracks you and removes your anonymity you retarded tard

stop bumping the thread

real thread sage

obligatory not the guy you're replying to but

>What's there to gain for not including that link? Nothing.
>and that logical was only allowed to keep back the hoards of how I build a PC thread.

nice contradiction faggot, besides everyone still shills for logicalincrements for the tards that post along the lines of 'I have $1k and no preferences, what do' - arguably the best use for the guide

>Now that we've got a dedicated thread we revert to keeping finical gain out of decision making.

the only 'we' is you, hell after trying to search for any evidence of said shilling I can only find posts that I also suspect are you

>If you knew anything you'd know the wiki was never really wanted

nor were general/consumer technology threads, welcome to Sup Forums

>Pffft. Never looked at the count of ads blocked have you?
>15 fucking ads

try opening the logger next time, 2 for a url shortening/cdn service, two for google analytics (with another for a youtube link), 2 for disqus, two for doubleclick and one for an ip geolocation tool

boo hoo they have analytics, use a standard ad network, and disqus for comments, nothing that literally no other site uses and nothing malicious like some of the ads Sup Forums has ran in the past

>Removing their anonymity.

you lose far more fucking anonymity through google's captcha posting here, dipshit

>Why would someone 'fabricate' accusations against it?

yes why would ANYONE on Sup Forums do that? by the way ryzen is shit & 7700k best cpu also ublock only hides ads use adblock for the superior adblocking technology

and for some other retarded shit you've said

>You don't even give technical information.

it's a parts list guide not a fucking review site, not that review sites do anything other than reading off of specsheets

>You got busted shilling

seriously just tell us the post number where he got caught shilling and we can go find it in ourselves, do you have any idea how difficult it is to search for a Sup Forums posts?

What's a good case if I don't give a shit about size?

VR Gaymen, regular Gaymen, and general PC use.
No Editing, Streaming, or Recording.

pcpartpicker.com/list/nJTsf8

enthoo evolv

whats with the fans?
case comes with fans, cpu cooler too
for that money rather up the ssd to 512 GB

Didn't know the case came with stock fans, but I want a liquid cooled build.

pcpartpicker.com/list/HPdsf8

How does this look?

>i5
1600 exists, you know.

First time building a PC, how shitty is this:
pcpartpicker.com/list/4HPQYr

Quite shitty.

Are you buying an operating system?

When Ryzen ram issues will be fixed? I want to buy my build already but I have no idea which b350 mobo and ram should I buy to get everything working.

I have a Win7 disc already

So I know this thread is for actual hardware builds, however I've been having a lot of fun lately building PC's. First my own, then helping out some friends and colleagues. I've been thinking of taking the next step, trying to actually customize cases, water cooling loops and wiring. I know where to get the parts and all that, I'm just wondering if anyone here could help me out with what kind of tools that would be helpful. Mostly tools for making modifications to the case itself, like airbrushes and cutting tools/drills and so on.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/4HPQYr
Fixed it for you
pcpartpicker.com/list/7p46VY
Will play most things at Ultra/High at 60fps 1080p.
Alternatively if you plan to multitask or do other productivity work video editing etc consider saving up to 1000-1200$ for the value for money ryzen build for mixed use.

Hey I have one of the old Corsair HX series power supplies. I was very happy with it, however I'm getting some coil whine with my new GPU so I was thinking I'm due for a replacement.

Are Corsair still legit? (I remember they were manufactured by Seasonic or something). What range provides good bang for buck? Is the energy rating worth going above gold? platinum seems to garner a high price.

R8 my poorfag build m8

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pmXPHN

>its got a dvd drive

Yes, i have a libarary of old games i love.

>its not got an ssd

Yes, i enjoy watching clouds from my window now and then while stuff loads

I know, but I want finally do a mini itx build.

>uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pmXPHN
Drop mobo to b250
Drop ram down to 2400mhz
Get gpu up to rx 570 4gb since freesync is cheaper so cheaper good monitors in the future.
Replace PSU with the seasonic 520W one at around the same price. Consider wifi usb over wifi network card. The reason ssd's are recommended often is because they fail way less often than hdd's and are always considered a worth investment since most people end up keeping them throughout builds.

I'll look into that

Cheers Sup Forums bro

I'm not really sure but I heard that Intel stuff is really expensive. Won't this cost a lot to upgrade later?

The g4560 is the best value for money option for gaming at that price range. Probably by the time you want to upgrade maybe you'll find some used cpu's on that socket but still not worth putting anything better on that mobo so you'd probably upgrade mobo/cpu altogether which allows you to buy whatever. The rest fits to any build really, you can play on the g4560 build for now and by the time you decide to upgrade there will be freesync2 zen+ and next gen of mid-tier amd gpu's so you'll be able to pull off a great build then too. If you don't mind waiting(tm) maybe consider waiting to see if ryzen 3 is better value for money than g4560 at that price range which if that actually happens then definitely consider it since the AM4 mobos have a nice lineup of upgrades coming up in the future.

you could make awesomely small build
definitly drop ATX and at least go to mATX case

check this british guy build
smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/black-opal-a-little-seen-sffpc-case.2077/

The video card seems good, but I'd choose a cheaper 580 8GB if there's one available (maybe consider a 1060 6gb).

Your hard drive setup seems weird but you do you I guess.

Get that shitty Razer keyboard out of there and buy something with proper Cherry MX or Gateron switches.

Prioritize getting a better CPU cooler over case fans.

The motherboard you have selected doesn't have very good reviews. Try finding a different one.

Define R5.

Which has better temperatures and which one has better portability, the Cooler Master Elite 110 or the Fractal Design Node 202?

avoid cooler master
the position of PSU is terrible
people report very high temps

Shut up retard. THIS is the real thread. Check the times that threads were posted. This one was posted first.

>You're only pushing for it because of finical gain.
You love conspiracy theories don't you? I (the OP) have no connection to LogicaIncrements. I included it in the OP because (as you've been repeatedly told) it has some history on Sup Forums. Additionally, it serves as second voice along with my PCBG pcpartpicker link.

Turns out you're too retarded to live, so I'll be here posting OPs that make you shit your pants until you fuck off.

why dont u remove the logical increments links if its the only thing bothering them

Uh, is the backplate for securing the cooler on a AM4 board supposed to be removable? Should there even be a backplate on a AM4?

Got a MSI X370 Krait to go with my new Ryzen, but even with the conversion kit my Cryorig H5 seems like it won't be secure. The screws that go into the holes on the backplate don't secure it tightly to the board at all.

hey, popped in due to a few ppl telling me to say something in onionirc. check tripcode, guys.

The OP is fine. But logicalincrements is retarded and nonsensical, and the whole thing about "worthwhile gfx cards" is always going to be missing nuance.

All the redditfags calling this a "shill post" really don't have any self-awareness. Lurk more.

you can find me on oIRC #linux usually. or a related channel.

youve seen this right?
youtube.com/watch?v=1ojR_kJde_E

assuming its similar for h5m you use standoffs and screw from the bottom

It's not the only thing. First, the complaints mostly come from one assblasted autist who is used to controlling the OP. If you look through the thread I get called a shill repeatedly and they claim (without commentary) that the pcpg builds I posted are "shit", "suck", etc. Anyway, just read the posts like this one are you can see that there's no argument against it except conspiracy theories and complaints about ads that 99% of us never see. It's nothing but some retard saying "die in a fire!!1!" because he's so assblasted.

Mine's a H5 so it uses a different bracket. The kit doesn't come with a backplate and nowhere in the instructions does it show a backplate, instead it shows the holes on the board itself rather than on any kind of backplate like with my current board.

Where can I get a good overview of the roadmap for CPUs and GPUs? I want to figure out whether I should stay on the fence or buy now, but I'd rather get informed instead of just asking for spoonfeeding

You're clearly calling multiple posters "Jordan." Is this some kind of "t. Jordan" meta meme?

well dunno then, to answer your initial question, yes the backplate on am4 is suppose to be removable, I had to removed it to install the bundled cooler
and yes there should be backplate as some heatsinkns use it
I am waiting for am4 kit for my cooler master evo
thats when backplate goes back on and evo uses that to securing itself

There's also the part picker link that he's slipping i3', 3gb 1060's, and it allows him to do product placements.
This go's against both the advice and recommendations of what many threads prior have had.

"CPUs:
>G4560 for budget builds (R5 1500X will keep above 60fps in every game. No i5
>R5 1600 is the best value for higher fps gaming and mixed usage; 1600x if you don't want to OC
>i7-7700k is bad value but good; may have heat issues even at stock clocks
>R7/Xeon for compute/multitask/mixed use. R5 if budget

Graphics:
>G4560 iGPU is fine for LoL, dota2, rocket league, etc
>1050Ti/RX560 for ~$105. Must drop settings for 60hz if not Freesync/Gsync on many games.
>RX570 4GB - 1080p@60+hz, running most maxed; older games at 144+hz
>RX580 8GB - 1440p@60+hz, inject SMAA and drop settings for some games
>1060 - Gets outperformed by the RX 580; consider only if AMD is not an option (ie CUDA)
>1070 - usually not worth the extra cost for Gsync
>1080 - 1080p@90-144+hz maxed; 1440p at lower hz.
>1080Ti - 1440p@90-144+hz; 4k@60hz in SOME games, more at lower settings
>Freesync2 & Vega soon."

This is what he wishes to remove, as it makes him and his site invalid. He is not here to assist, but to try to have some sort of either relevance or financial gain.

He's linked several trips as him. They are all the same person.

>The video card seems good, but I'd choose a cheaper 580 8GB if there's one available (maybe consider a 1060 6gb).
Waiting for vega to be released first to see how that turns out, Nitro+ is well priced here.
>Get that shitty Razer keyboard out of there and buy something with proper Cherry MX or Gateron switches.
Repeating the answer from my other reply: They just happen to be actually reasonably priced in my country and there's no cheaper alternative with that amount of extra buttons which i need them considering i play competitive pvp on wow and i also need the kb being mechanical. Plus i've tried that wristrest thing that comes with it and it is great, it isn't that kind of plastic shit that will get very dirty and get filled with sweat during summer and is very comfy also i need the kb to have rgb lighting because i play with the lights off and i want to be able to see the letters on the buttons but i'm also considering droping the razer kb for a Razer Orbweaver Chroma which is also rather specificly made for keybind heavy use but i'm too used to using a keyboard for my binds and macros so i'm still mainly thinking about the keyboard option, if you know a better option with those features or mostly those features at a better price >in greece< i'll go for that w/o a second thought but since i have already searched for alternatives in price comparison sites i've found that my best option for a mechanical keyboard with the afformentioned features at a budget is that kb.
>Prioritize getting a better CPU cooler over case fans.
I'm getting those 2 fans for 8euros in greece, the ryzen stock cooler which is a Wraith Spire cooler is only worth replacing for a ~50$-tier cpu cooler.
>The motherboard you have selected doesn't have very good reviews. Try finding a different one.
I know did research myself and ended up on Asrock AB350 Gaming K4 which according to the qvl will support G.skill Flare X 3200mhz memory at 3200mhz speed.

Maybe this can help illustrate

The screws that came in the kit leave a space between the board and the fat cylinders on the crews, so there's a space that makes the backplate not secure.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use something to fill in the space or not

>they claim (without commentary) that the pcpg builds I posted are "shit", "suck", etc
Well i kinda agree with them: No RX 480 / 580 / GTX 1060 in your saved builds & favorite parts, no R5 1600(x) in there either, favorite parts includes three i3 with one costing $170

Replacing all the informations we have in the OP for this, i can understand the backlash

cont
>Your hard drive setup seems weird but you do you I guess.
SSD sata for windows and alot of games that don't have to load huge maps
M.2 for WoW for fast load times and productivity work
Will probably get a 3tb over 1tb hdd now that i think about it. I have a huge library of stuff i need terabytes of memory to save them on.

well they are pretty shallow on my asus mobo
here it can be seen how stock cooler is put on

youtu.be/NMn-9V3WbCw?t=3m24s

I guess you are using backplate, but screws come from cryorig, dont they also include some stand offs?

In the future, let's all agree to this list for recommended CPUs
>Pentium G4560
Cheap 1080p Gaming
>Core i3-7300/7350K
Emulation/Older Games
>Ryzen 5 1400
Cheap Overclocking/Workstation
>Core i5-7500
Mid-range 1080p Gaming/Workstation
>Core i5-7600K
Mid-range Overclocking/Gaming
>Ryzen 5 1600