Windows is dead

>Windows is dead
>Linux is shit

Sup Forums should move on to the best of both worlds: Hackintosh.
People who disagree are AMD pajeets

Other urls found in this thread:

iuqerfsodp9ifjaposdfjhgosurijfaewrwergwea.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go suck a dic OP

>windows is dead
macfag delusions general. windows is unstoppable.

*gets a ransomware*
nothing personel bud

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

MacOS is not that far from Linux. you have to sacrifice so much software to switch to it. Why would someone downgrade like that?

i tried it but then it broke once i tried to update to 10.12.4.

>sacrifice much software
Such as?
All the good software is on MacOS too

Total commander

notepad++

>>Linux is shit
uhm, no?

mine sweeper

Why would you want to use Notepad++ when Vim, Sublime Text, Atom and plenty of other excellent text editors exist?

Plenty of good alternatives. See TotalFinder, Forklift, Commander One.

MSI Afterburner
Coretemp

acestream

gmask

microsoft access

Also creating a Hackintosh is easy af now, Clover is a far cry from when I tried to install Mavericks with Multibeast/Unibeast and that's an extremely good thing, even updates work fine with Clover.
I've also seen some interesting Ryzen Hackintosh builds recently too which is quite promising.

VM or dual boot for that, parallels is good.

>*gets a ransomware*
... and still won't stop Windows from being the OS of choice for 98% of the population.
Stay mad.

I'm not mad
I don't really gives a shit about what a general dumb user prefers..
Hell, I pray they'll continue to use winshit cause if they switch would bitch and moan cause they're too dumb to use it

>muh choice
My bosses choice. Computing is much more than blogging in starbucks

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Hackintosh, is in fact, Darwin/XNU/*BSD/MacOS/Hackintosh, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Darwin/XNU/*BSD plus MacOS/Hackintosh. Hackintosh is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another unfree component of a fully functioning Darwin/XNU/*BSD system made useful by the BSD corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Darwin/XNU/*BSD system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Darwin/XNU/*BSD which is widely used today is often called "Hackintosh", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Darwin/XNU/*BSD system, developed by the Apple.

There really is a XNU, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. XNU is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Hackintosh is normally used in combination with the XNU operating system: the whole system is basically BSD with proprietary shit added, or Darwin/XNU/*BSD/MacOS/Hackintosh. All the so-called "Hackintosh" distributions are really distributions of MacOS/Hackintosh.

Unibeast/multibeast uses clover now, but yeah if you have supported hardware it's pretty damn simple.

>People who disagree are AMD pajeets
Pretty much true.
Made me cry.

>os of choice
wait, wait! people actually CHOOSE to use windows?! wtf?

Regular AMD pajeets can install El Capitan on their battlestations, but it's going to lag randomly and you will have crackling sound, because no HPET. Ryzen pajeets are the ones who got BTFO, only VM.

Do u know if there is a good alternative for wcrypt on OSX? I cannot find good one by myself

Don't even need to dualboot or VM, I have a wineskin version of Acestream that works perfectly.

I do, aspie. Stay mad

kys

hilarious, people actually use windows by choice fucking lol

iuqerfsodp9ifjaposdfjhgosurijfaewrwergwea.com/