How can I share the USB port on Open Ps2 Loader?

How can I share the USB port on Open Ps2 Loader?
My idea is to connect a USB HDD to the USB port of the router and connect via a network cable to the PS2, but when using the program I can not connect the router to the PS2.
In some forums they say that it is possible but they do not say clearly how.

I want to do this to avoid networking the PS2 with my computer.

Try to put different configurations but it did not work. The router allows SAMBA Share. In the setup it also allows to create SAMBA (user, password) accounts but this and everything I can not make the network.

Please Helpme!

Other urls found in this thread:

psx-scene.com/forums/f150/cannot-connect-smb-server-300-opl-0-9-2-a-120977/
u.fuwafuwa.moe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

use a raspberry pi senpai

>Please Helpme!
Please Fuckoff!

What happens is that I want to take advantage of the router, and I do not have enough money and no programming / electronic notions to use it. (In South America these products are very expensive because there is a lot of corruption)

Besides, what I need is more than enough.

>cock

that should be enough if the router can share a usb-attached disk via smb

In windows I can see the contents of a usb disk as a network disk, but when I use OPL, it does not happen.
OPL needs 4 data:
IP
USER
PASSWORD
SHARED FOLDER

As there is no documentation of the router, and what is found on the internet is very basic, I do not know what to put in:
USER
PASSWORD
SHARED FOLDER

For this reason there is no communication between PS2 and the USB Disk entered in the router port.

try with "guest" as the user (no pass)
shared folder is the name of the share
to explain, when you go to "network" in windows, then open a computer/the router, you should see one or more folders, these are the share names

I tried with that name but nothing happened. Also with an empty password, and nothing.
The games are installed on the root of the hard drive, so you would not know what to put on the share. The resource name is important because it tells the program where the files are installed. If you do not put anything is impossible that knows where to look, I say this last since I also leave this section empty and everything is still the same, there is no communication.

But when I network the PS2 with the PC, I share a specific folder and both connect seamlessly.

the router must have a share name
post a screenshot of the samba configuration page on your router

In the storage service section I can put user + password + volume name, but when I put that data on the PS2 can not find it

This is how the account created

when you visit "\\routername" in windows, what does it look like?

volumeName:>test volume for Sup Forums
Username> test

How do I put the router name?

or ip

this? Does not appear in the windows explorer, only through web browser

\\192.168.1.1 in windows explorer (not internet explorer)

When I double click en "storage" the "test" folder appears

see "storage"?
that's the share name (shared folder)

You Are Now Vulnerable To Ransomware Encryption

smb is enabled by default in windows, so nothing changed
enabling it on his router did nothing since it's using samba, and is probably linux-based, so it's not affected by the same bug

Then I have to put "storage" in OPL as a shared resource?

yes

OP, I was having similar issues trying to use network play in OPL. I remember that OPL wanted a very specific file structure for the share to work correctly, and that any other structure would cause it to not appear.

The router is not connected directly to the internet, I am using it as a configuration mode.
Also I'm not downloading any program or anything.

When I connect the ps2 directly to PC via network, I have no problems, since I share a folder with read and write privileges, using my user / password.
The issue is that with the router I do not know which is the name that I have to put as a shared resource because there is little documentation that explains this.

Can you shut the FUCK up?

Have you tried ?

There is connection but you do not see the files. What happens is that the folder "usb0_0" appears inside "storage" where the files are hosted.

so you need to tell the ps2 to look in "\storage\usb0_0"

419/5000
I put
"/ Storage / usb0_0"
"Storage / usb0_0"
"Usb0_0"
And nothing happened. But when I try to copy the file inside the folder "usb0_0" to "storage" appears in OPL, but it is the memory of the router and not the space of the pendrive, so when running the move / copy process From USB to Storage appears but does not finish the process because the storage space of the router (a couple of mb)

you need to take the spaces out, it probably wants either
>/storage/usb0_0
or
>storage/usb0_0

I put without spaces, but by mistake they appear here because I am using the google translator.

When I put "storage" only, OPL creates folders in that location, and the files are in the "USB0_0" folder

it's possible OPL doesn't allow for using a subfolder within a share

If that's the case, can not I do anything?

it may be possible to reconfigure samba outside of the normal web frontend, for example, by editing it's configuration over telnet or ssh
but this may be far beyond you, and instructions will need to be for that specific router (unlikely to find any)

Thanks for all the help. According

psx-scene.com/forums/f150/cannot-connect-smb-server-300-opl-0-9-2-a-120977/

"Sharing the entire drive root and all won't work - OPL will ignore it. You only need to share a specific folder tree on that drive (i.e. a "PS2SMB" folder with sub-folders for CD, DVD, VMC etc. inside it)."

It is not possible to share sub folders in OPL, so I will continue trying it some other way.

Although I remember to enter the root of the router via ftp. Which file would have to be modified and which parameters would I have to set?

for example, if you could edit the samba configuration, you could put in something like;
[PS2SMB]
path = /storage/usb0_0
guest ok = yes
writable = yes
and "PS2SMB" will be a share, appearing alongside "storage", and will contain the usb contents directly, just like how it's done in windows

These are the folders that appear when I connect via ftp, but in most of them I do not have any modification privileges

that won't help you, i don't believe OPL supports FTP

well actually, you might be able to edit the samba configuration by accessing it through FTP, depending on if you can write to it

This appears in the configuration file (/etc/samba/smb.conf)

#
# Samba configuration script for Broadcom Linux Gateway
#

#======================= Global Settings =======================

[global]

# workgroup/NT-domain name your Samba server is part of
workgroup = WORKGROUP

# server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field
netbios name = brcm-samba_test
server string = DSL Gateway

# This will prevent nmbd to search for NetBIOS names through DNS.
dns proxy = no

# Local Master setings
domain master = no
local master = Yes
preferred master = Yes
os level = 35

# log files are not necessary,and can be ignored for now
log level = 0
log file = /dev/null
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

# The specific set of interfaces / networks to bind to
interfaces = br0

load printers = no

# security settings
security = share
encrypt passwords = yes

# Performance related settings
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
#inactivity time out for client sessions
deadtime = 5

#======================= Share Definitions =======================
# USB Key folder
[storage]
comment = All Storage devices
writable = yes
browseable = yes
path = /mnt
guest only = yes

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
# browseable=no here hides homes,but displays a scetion with username;(refer man smb.conf)
browseable = no
read only = no
create mask = 0775
directory mask = 0775
path = /var/samba/homes/%S
valid users = %S

yea, that's a standard samba config file, even a standard location for it

notice
# USB Key folder
[storage]
comment = All Storage devices
writable = yes
browseable = yes
path = /mnt
guest only = yes

this is the "storage" share you see
also notice it's path is "/mnt", this means "usb0_0" is in "/mnt"

so to make "usb0_0" its own share, we can copy the storage share definition, and edit the paths and name

# usb0_0 Share
[usb0_0]
comment = usb0_0 Storage device
writable = yes
browseable = yes
path = /mnt/usb0_0
guest only = yes

add that to the end of the file, and restart samba (since you have no shell, this means using the web interface to do "save and reboot")

I put the storage share definition at the end of the configuration but it did not work. When I restart the router that definition is deleted but the file maintains the weight of the modified file, not the original and without the definition at the end.
Is there any way to edit the file that is not complicated?

did you reboot it from the web interface? (not just physically powering it off and on)

also check if telnet or ssh can be enabled/connected to

Perform a soft reset from the configuration web, and when I reconnected the configuration file continued with the weight of modified but without the definition.
The router allows Telnet.

did you fix the file before doing a soft reset?
the point here is that the file may not be properly updated unless you shutdown properly, just like any computer

as for telnet, if the above doesn't fix the problem, we'll look into that
a popular windows telnet client is "putty"

How do I fix the file? What I do is copy the file on my pc I edit it and then I overwritten it to the router via FTP, but apparently it does nothing. By Telnet I do not know how to do it, except that I did telnet once to make a backup of the firmware, following the steps of a Youtube video. (I have Telnet installed and I do it using CMD / Windows 7)

if you have the telnet windows feature enabled, you can use that
it's just "telnet 192.168.1.1", login as root if it asks

what i mean by fixing the file is to edit it again to add the new share definition

But how do I fix the file by telnet, or how do I edit or move it?

i want to see the output of "mount", to know if the router is actually saving /etc/samba/smb.conf
the way routers often work, is that they have a read-only filesystem, with most of the OS on it, and a second, writable overlay, which all the customisation happens
they do this to allow for easy and safe "factory reset", much like how a smartphone works
so the question is, is /etc/samba/smb.conf actually going to be saved across reboots?, running "mount" will make it clear how the router is keeping configuration changes

for example, on my router (running gargoyle), it has
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/mtdblock5 on /overlay type jffs2 (rw,noatime)
overlayfs:/overlay on / type overlay (rw,noatime,lowerdir=/,upperdir=/overlay/upper,workdir=/overlay/work)
which shows that the entire root is an overlay, so i can make changes to anything, and it will be saved
but other routers do things differently

I put
SH

Then:
MOUNT

And then I appeared this:

# mount
/dev/mtdblock0 on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=420k)
tmpfs on /mnt type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=16k)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /mnt/usb0_0 type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1)

are you sure that's everything?
there are no persistent, writable mounts there (besides the usb drive, of course)

That is all that appears to me. Does it mean that I will not be able to change anything?

There is a folder called / tmp / where I can write and it is in root

another thing you could try is;
1. make a configuration backup from the web interface
2. edit the samba configuration in the backup
3. restore the configuration backup

that's strange, there must be something missing there (maybe the router does a chroot during boot?)

/tmp is short for "temporary", and is normally erased during boot

I backed up the configuration file, but I can not find the part where SAMBA is configured. How should I look for it?

backups are also unique to each router
since your router isn't configured for internet access, it should contain no personal information, making it safe to upload somewhere
upload it to u.fuwafuwa.moe/ and i can have a look

if it does contain personal information, and you don't care for the routers' current configuration, so a factory reset and make a new backup

I found at the end of the file this section:

TRUE

ppp0,ppp1

FALSE
Workgroup
(null)
(null)

Is this part?

oh, did you only get an xml file?
that might not be useful in this case

there is yet another way this can be done
change the smb.conf file in the firmware itself

you can backup the rootfs onto the flash drive by running this in busybox (telnet);
cat /dev/mtdblock0 > /mnt/usb0_0/rootfs.squashfs
umount /dev/sda1
then from your pc, upload the squashfs file, and i can edit it

if this goes wrong, it could potentially brick (break) the router, though
sometimes this can be fixed, but it's up to you if you want to try it

ps. doing it this way means the smb.conf will survive even through a factory reset, as the squashfs is the only thing that does not change

How do you edit the file? Random fonts appear

it's a squashfs filesystem, i don't think there's an easy way to edit them in windows
i use linux, so i can extract it, edit it, and create a new squashfs file without affecting permissions
if you extract it in windows, you will lose permission information, which will certainly break things

GOOD NEWS!!!!

I just had a connection between the router and ps2. These were the steps:

1 By FTP send the modified SAMBA.CFG file from my pc to the router
2 When doing the backup of the configuration, although it is XML, it showed me important data: USER and PASSWORD are empty.
3 In the OPL configuration I put the following:
Share: USB0_0
User and Password: both empty

Limitation: I do not have to turn off, reset, the router because I have to copy the samba configuration file again. But it's the least ...

so the configuration change (over ftp) did take effect, that's good!
the user and password should not matter, as the share is "guest only", meaning no user or password is used

Thank you very much for the help, I thought that it could not be done but the truth is that I am happy to realize it thanks to you

np, hope you enjoy being free of the ps2's slow usb 1.1 ports

But the change is until the next reboot, similar to ram. But it does not matter since I made a small documentation to do everything step by step in the event that something happens in the near future.

The modified file of the SAMBA configuration was my salvation.

gj tx for your help bro!

you could make a shell script on the usb drive, then you can just telnet into the router and run it
something like;
#!/bin/sh
cp smb.conf /etc/samba/smb.conf
/etc/init.d/samba restart
(/etc/init.d/samba might be different, this line restart samba without needing a reboot)

or of course, i could edit the squashfs for you and make it permanent. i understand you may not want to take any risk, though

Just get a network adapter with a sata converter inside. throw in a 2TB drive and poof, no more loading times.

he might have a slim ps2, plus he was clear from the start he didn't want to buy anything

running a game from usb2 > ethernet is at least much better than using the ps2's own usb1.1 ports

rec for sata adaptor?

The chinese one

Thanks for the script, but it is easier to do it by ftp through total commander. Maybe I'll save that script to try.

I am using a usb, sata and parallel adapter and I also have the latest version of OPL that I can choose to put the PS2 network port speed at 100 mb constant, so it is much better than using the USB 1.1 port.
Also I do not want to use my pc as a server because I detest the noise of the cooler. That way I have the best performance, I do not have to bear noises and the electric energy consumption is much lower.

I use the photo adapter. It is economical, has good transfer speed and can be put parallel and serial hard disk.

NEWS

Probe another hard drive, and the router detected it as USB1_0. So I add you to the modified file at the end

# usb0_0 Share
[usb0_0]
comment = usb0_0 Storage device
writable = yes
browseable = yes
path = /mnt/usb0_0
guest only = yes

# usb1_0 Share
[usb1_0]
comment = usb1_0 Storage device
writable = yes
browseable = yes
path = /mnt/usb1_0
guest only = yes

Get a fatty ps2 for 20 dollars tops.

still also need a network adapter

yes, it's the ideal solution, the fastest way to run ps2 games, and is self-contained, but it's still two purchases

Switch to Fibertel