Where do you place your skill as a tech?

where do you place your skill as a tech?
I mean are you a good programmer?
Or you're really good at building and soldering? Hacking? Ricing? Or fixing broken stuff?

programming probably. Everytime i try to make something with hardware i end up frying everything.

thanks mr shark

thanks mr shark

more like a loser that isn't good at anything as a tech, but somehow still better than the average tech

thanks mr shark

thanks mr shark

thanks mr shark

is this Sup Forums or Sup Forums??? I can't tell

>is this Sup Forums or Sup Forums??? I can't tell

Welcome to weekend Sup Forums, no board is safe, except /jp/ (NEETs aren't affected by no school).

I've lurked Sup Forums for a while and I cant figure out what is ricing means. Can someone explain plz?

> Or fixing broken stuff?
This. Just today:
> the site has stopped working at 9am
> govt guys have their own small private datacenter, it's Sunday and one guy said he's gonna be there at 12am
> actually weird, the gateway is responding to ping but there's no SSH response even with telnet
> I said "reboot it"
> He rebooted it, the server didn't come back
> We could set up another gateway if he forwards 80 and 22 to a healthy server
> He doesn't know what we're talking about
> Well shit, let's plug in a monitor, maybe we'll see something
> It hangs after RAID initialization when GRUB should be loaded
> I guessed we can remove all the disks and see if it does anything
> That guy pulled the disks and put them back
> Suddenly the server is online

Don't know anything about programming, don't really want to know.

I'm pretty good at troubleshooting systems and repairing hardware. Pcs are a hobby for me mostly.

Probably a 3/5 programmer (what I got my degree in), but my main strength is hardware. I refurbish computers as a hobby and am getting pretty good as resurrecting laptops/desktops.

Fuck hp laptops though, so cheaply built a full refurb is nearly impossible with any pavilion

Thanks mr shark

thanks mr shark

Ricing is where you take a large bag of cooked rice and spoon it in to your asshole and you have to keep it all in there until the next kernel version his your distros repo.

thanks mr shark

thanks mr shark

thanks mr shark

thanks mr shark

thanks mr shark

thanks mr shark

thanks mr shark
Also, I'd say I'm a half decent ricer and programmer.

I'm very talented with both programming and electronics. It kind of pisses me off that employers think I have to be a "software guy" or "hardware guy". If they know I can do one they assume I can't do the other.