Mpv keyboard control

Explain this.
>cycle audio tracks - # (shift+3, two fucking keys)
>cycle sub tracks - j
>you can't cycle audio tracks backwards

>b-but you can edit input.conf
Classic.

>Some suggestions are controversial, like mapping ESC to exit fullscreen.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts#pixel-shaders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Things tend to have more subtitle tracks than audio tracks so it kinda makes sense that you can cycle subtitles more easily.

>there are seriously people on Sup Forums right now who think that memorizing all of this or having to constantly check a cheat sheet every time you want to cycle a track or show a filename is more efficient than right-clicking with a GUI

>there are seriously people on Sup Forums right now who don't realize that NGU is objectively and factually better at upscaling 95% of content than anything mpv can use

I'm sorry you can't memorize a few keyboard shortcuts from muscle memory because you have ADD.

>set the default audio track to english, fallback if not available
>set the default subtitle track to my native language, if not available fallback to english
>never have to cycle through audio/subtitle tracks ever again

work hard
or work smart

>>there are seriously people on Sup Forums right now this retarded who don't realize that NGU is actually shit

>wild multilang bdmv with 38 audio tracks app comes in

It doesn't make sense. There's free space to the right so why the fuck not have a button to cycle backwards, the layout is fucked anyway.

oh, I just noticed,

>cycle video track - _ (shift+-, two keys again, what the fuck.)

All three almost specifically put as far from each other as possible just to fuck with you. And the - key does nothing while it could cycle backwards or some shit.

but wait, there's more:

there are two bindings for Volume-, but / doesn't have Volume+ binded nearby and there's no binding for Volume+ on shift+/ that'd be completely obvious and somewhat intuitive. btw, that other Volume+ is binded to * - that's shift+8 LMAO

DID NO ONE LOOK AT THIS AND ASK THEMSELVES WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?

There are some intuitive bindings, like m for Mute, but most of them don't make sense and are counterintuitive.

Again, most things have far more subtitles than audio tracks (and no more video tracks than audio tracks). If your use case involves lots of video with many audio tracks then you are free to rebind. Or maybe use --alang

How do I configure mpv to set the youtube video resolution at 1440p?

ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

Like this:
# youtube
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

I'm on windows btw

>btw
haHAA

>cares about audio and subtitle tracks
>cannot learn a couple keys
You are literally the only person having these problems.
Everyone else either can learn the hotkeys or doesn't need to deal with audio or subtitle tracks on a daily basis.
I'm sorry that you are this damn special, I guess you should go back to your old player.

What does this 98% and DS: 2500/0 means?

98% is the percent of the video watched and DS is display sync. your refresh rate is 2.5x the video fps.

Thanks

How do I get into shaders for mpv?

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts#pixel-shaders

>Cycle video track
>Under audio
Classic

Did that one user release that feature rich script for mpv?