Tfw fell for the "work in IT is easy money" meme

>tfw fell for the "work in IT is easy money" meme

>easy money
This is where you failed

feel
tfw it ended up being neither easy nor money

please do the needfull sir

Working in a field because of the fucking money. You fucking cancer.

I work in software dev, it is pretty easy money desu.

> decided to go into cyber security in 2013 because I read about how much it was growing
> Graduated 2014 (previous credits from school/military
> Got CISSP (my previous jobs counted towards the recipient reqs)
> Got job doing third party risk management
> Doubled my salary in about a year

hey elliot, how's your morphine addiction

*Experience, not recipient

I've got an interview for 1st line support in a small IT solutions company tomorrow. I've never worked in an IT related field before, but I know the basics of networking and email exchange servers purely because it interests me. The money isn't brilliant but I'd be happy doing something that actually interests me for a living. What else should I do some extra reading on Sup Forums?

>1st line support in a small IT solutions company
kek, sounds like help desk. have fun being replaced by Rajesh in a couple years.

There is no such a thing as easy money

I've just recently graduated with a degree in Biomedical Science and my job prospects are awful. I'll take help desk for the time being if I have to

It began before I fell for the meme:(

>Biomedical Science and my job prospects are awful.
What's that? I thought the health industry isn't going anywhere, seems like you should be able to get a job in the field.

holy shit you fell for the college meme too? I feel for you user.

>Doubled salary
>Meme

I'm sure he'll take it

uh, it is... I am shitposting from my NOC.

>not shitposting 4 out of 8 work hours and still have the highest salary in your family
honestly you're doing something wrong m8

Well you're doing it wrong.
Just learn WebDev and make a small portfolio then start making websites for little shops. Thr projects will get bigger and better payed with time.

That's it.

It's the field of laboratory testing, hematology, microscopy, clinical biochemistry analysis etc. Problem is, a lot of the leading laboratories are now moving towards automation and out sourcing clinical analysis tests to automated laboratories. So the only people who are required are the consultants who interpret the results and discuss them with patients. My skills as a scientist are becoming more and more redundant by the day.

I know man, I wish I could go back in time and not do it. Now universities are telling other graduates with my degree to stay on and study medicine for another 3-5 years and become general practitioners or consultants and many are falling for that meme too. They love squeezing every penny out of us.

you're not a scientist. you're jackass with a shitty bachelors degree lmao

>tfw you're not wrong

upgradation

if you want some advice then don't go to grad school. i majored in mechanical engineering and couldn't find a job for the life of me. the only calls back i would get were for contract positions with no benefits that paid ~45k a year. i could have got that much trucking my first year and then i wouldn't waste 4 years in college.

long story short, i entered a phd program and i'm in my 4th year now. total shit show and waste of time. i would just start looking for something not related to your major, but that you still wouldn't mind doing.

>PhD in maths
>any job I want
>300k starting

It is easy money, I make 65k AUD to plug computers and cables in.

It's dull as dogshit though.

h3h3 productions

Only works for him cus he's a Jew

It is easy if you're good at it. If you're only in for the money, you'll have a hard time.

>don't have a passion to go into strictly programming
>always enjoy solving my computer related issues
>don't mind googling to have more knowledge
>not one to blame software, instead I find a way to make it work the way I want it to
>finish it diploma
>start looking for jobs
>get a support desk job
>strictly phone/remote desktop support
>realize I need to pander the whole time to entitled users
>they expect problems to be fixed in 5minutes because 10 year veterans on the support desk
>can't manage a human and fix a problem at the same time

JUST LEAVE ME ALONE IN A CORNER WHILE I MANAGE AN ENVIRONMENT AND FIX PROBLEMS PLS

I know a guy who installs WordPress themes and outsources the real work to pajeet for $10-20k / site.

Real estate agents make 3% on each side on transactions worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The pet rock made a million bucks.

People are stupid, you're the sucker for not taking advantage.

Can confirm. Make $9k / month b4 tax doing this.

This guy fucks

It IS easy

It's just soul crushing and the money was a lie

You can't shitpost better than an overweight jew? No wonder we control the media

Just learn how to restart computers, reset internet explorer, and sort Add/Remove Programs by date to see the new antivirus solution installed by the client broke connectivity for an application.

You're doing it wrong
Do that for a while, or just make a few personal projects that demonstrate your ability, and get a full time job. Guaranteed paychecks, no client wrangling bullshit. Not getting paid enough? Shop around and get a new job making what you think you're worth. Not filling up enough of your time? Do side work or personal projects.

Yo is military cyber security worth it? Air force or army?

I cannot name an easier paycheck than local helpdesk.
What other field can give you an actual livable wage without any degree or certifications while basically doing jack shit all day?

Easiest shit you can do (AF at least). Show up on time, know who to pretend to respect, at least pretend to try, and you can't fail. Actually study for promotion tests and you will be an E7 within 13-14 years if you're not a dipshit. Retire after 20 at 38-44 (or whatever your age is +20) with a 30-40k income, get a job as a GS12 on the civilian side, collect another retirement when you actually retire.

>pure math grad
>too dumb to do research
>learn C in a week+ with atmega board
>now working in avionics
Math was the best meme i fell for. Itwas fun and i get work over CS grads

too hard user, I'd rather:
> shit iOS apps
> get rich

Yeah, he fucks his anime pillow.

> too dumb to do research
>learn C in a week

nah, you are either lying or you hit the genetics lottery and it wouldn't have mattered anyway because you are a more intelligent person than 99%

sure, if you can create a legit original idea and market it properly. That idea might have been OK 10 years ago but now, anything simple enough to create by one person has been done and any genuine new idea that is robust will be snatched up by corporations that pay a team of people to sit and think about new apps to do what you are thinking.

I guess if you come up a with a genuine idea, you can sell it, but you will still make a tiny fraction compared to the company that buys it, perfect it, and markets it properly.

nah, you are either lying or you hit the genetics lottery and it wouldn't have mattered anyway because you are a more intelligent person than 99%

anyone here know about service now? i might work with it soon

When I was in cs our prof gave us a week to learn c with no instruction. Lol ure genetic trash untermench

The military is the gayest dumbest shit in the world. You have no self respect

Webdev is cancer though.

Fuck you, that phrase triggers me.

Working with pajeets is the worst.

Probably Air Force. If by worth it you mean money, then no way. But the work is probably interesting.

money is easy to get if you fuck over other people

This. Dealing with clients is a headache.

Good thing i left the IT industry recently one day before the win10 free update fuckup. Been jobless since, then saw the NSA leaks now thd exploit and fuckups with normies and normies industry with weak securities. You would't believe how shitty is the infrastructure of most large "IT" companies.

Today is the first day on job i sell fancy electrical plugs to rich faggots.
Good luck OP to deal with incoming waves of fuckups and not overtime benefits.

>2013
>intership
>doing a bunch of bullshit and figuring out just how cancerous apple technology is
>one day come into the office
>development server is on the table
>one of those massive rack servers
>some issue with the motherboard or something
>figure out that my job is now effectively halted as I rely on that piece of shit
>spend 2 fucking weeks problem solving on that thing
>2 weeks of basically getting my ears raped by bigass rack server fans that for some reason never stopped blowing on full power until we unfucked the thing

and that's how I got tinnitus.

Sure you can learn basic programming in a week, but you can't really do anything else than write few really simple introduction programs that aren't relevant to actual real projects out there.
After 5 years of advanced C programming ( kernels, drivers, embedded ) I'm still learning things once in a while.
Come back when you made a RTOS in C that exceeds 50K+ lines of code.

Damn son are you me? Same deal worked in a hospital for a year hated it then moved into IT and now work as a sysadmin. My advise to you is just do a cisco cert and get into networking, theyre looking for newbies to train up and from there branch into whatever you want