Find out about NSA exploits

>find out about NSA exploits
>work hard to fix them within weeks of their release
>know their userbase is retarded
>shill new and secure os as hard as they can
>shill updates as hard as they can
>trying desperately to move people to a secure platform

Are they the good guys, Sup Forums?

Only nigger would assume that microsoft is a single unanimous entity that is either good or bad. I guess there are both respectable engineers who care about quality of their product and money hungry botnet spreading fuckers.

This. I work for one of the big, old tech companies. If Microsoft are anything like them then it's filled with good people trying to do their best while hamstrung by management and the obligation to make the company as much money as possible.

They're the bad guys for creating proprietary shitware in the first place, this is just their comeuppance.

only retards use windows 7 still anyways

This.

All you lincucks are gonna get pranked so hard when hackers like this get around to exploiting your manchild os

>make OS worse in every way
>slather it in ads
>people won't upgrade
>fuckit.jpg
>release ransomware to scare people into upgrading
>it gets into a hospital and starts killing people
>panic and release patches for XP

there is nothing of value to ransom running on lincucks

Only retards downgraded to Windows 10 from objectively superior Windows 7

is this the wishful thinking thread?

>Microsoft
>2006+11
>respectable engineers

>Constant updates
Try again sweetie

Privacy and security are two different things. No company with shareholders can be the good guys.

Also, keep any other win OS up to date and it was fine too

so they made a more consistent api and the image shows one cherry picked example which produced more code and is shown by someone who formats their code like theyre 12 years old

The problem is that their other behaviour drove people to turn off updates because they no longer trust the company

>muh consistency
Meanwhile, in Windows 10's multiple different control panels with wildly different UIs...

>Objectively superior
>Except for it getting exploited ultra hard by script kids

the example is talking about code, not UI. theres so many different teams in microsoft that it doenst really make make sense to make that comparison

Are you a M$ shill, user? How much are hey paying you?

>disable aero
>everything fucking breaks
t-thanks

W10 too. So?

>the Windows 7 patch dropped on the same day the Windows 10 patch did
Literally not a micron more secure.

>disable metro
>you can't
>entire UI was made in powerpoint

Set aside the fact that Windows is getting more and more unmaintainable. Even a patch tuesday skipped this year. Maybe this ransomware is just a foreplay of something more extreme that attack another windows service.

If you're trying to get people to update, you could start by making your update tool not be absolute garbage.
WU is, by far, the worst software in Windows, and it's even worse when you compare it to the other OSes alternatives.

this just looks like some code was condensed into a function in example 1 but not 2

Windows 10 is malware in and of itself, so no they aren't the good guys

It's endearing.

Bill gates father was one of the big guys at planned parenthood

Okay okay, I pretty much put Windows Update on lockdown since before the whole Windows 10 stealth update campaign, and also at the same time Windows Update (svchost) was using 100% of my CPU as well, so I super-shut it down. And I know that during that time, extensive documentation has been made on which specific updates were bad/had telemetry/windows 10 bullshit.
Then this whole fiasco goes down, and I've got Common Sense installed, but it still worries me and makes me want to update, but I really really REALLY don't want to have to deal with Windows Update/100% CPU processes/Fixing Windows Update to stop 100% CPU bullshit.

Using the resources from pixeltailgames forum and several replies from previous threads on Sup Forums (so reliable i kno), I know which updates to essentially avoid.
Some user recently mentioned something about WSUS Offline Updater. Looking into it, I was amazed that such a thing even existed. So now I have like 3GB worth of files, but I don't want to execute all of them knowing that some of them must be the bad ones.
Is there a guide on how to run this thing to update everything BUT the bad windows 10/telemetry bullshit ones?

Only idiots don't update

Why do they make updates such a pain though?
Takes forever, needs dozens of reboot, break all the time.

It's so quick and painless under Linux.

If you're like me though, you didn't want to deal at all with the bullshit of Windows trying to force Windows 10 nagware and telemetry updates, and also having Windows Update on was causing my computer to run the CPU to 100% for no reason. I couldn't be arsed to figure out what was wrong with it (because my Google-fu is weak and could not find a SINGLE bit of information on that problem). Only now it seems that other people have come out with this exact problem and have posted solutions.
Fucking bullshit.

I just discovered this: WSUS Offline updates.

Still tinkering with it, but from what I gather, it downloads all the SECURITY ONLY updates on your computer which you can then run and install on your own accord without buggy windows updater bullshit. Still unsure if it's safe as in it blocks all the telemetry updates (even the ones with shady documentation)

Windows 10S, along with any other operating system that practices the "walled garden" model, is security theater, and nothing more.

Yeah except for the stock markets and pretty much every military and government server.