So I installed Xubuntu on my netbook, and now after the install I cant get it to boot. I keep getting pic related...

So I installed Xubuntu on my netbook, and now after the install I cant get it to boot. I keep getting pic related. If I boot from USB it just gives me the option to install it again. When I tried that, it told me that this SSD already has a copy of Ubuntu installed.

I've been googling and everyone says "boot repair" but nothing in depth. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/no-bootable-device-found-ubuntu/
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2251511
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he fell for the Linux meme

better than the preinstalled Windows 8.1 with Bing

At least Windows actually boots :^)

Do I have to install the OS in the CSM boot mode and then boot in UEFI? Or is UEFI fine for installation too

Check out this article. I had the same issue in the past but this solved it

itsfoss.com/no-bootable-device-found-ubuntu/

That's what you get for not sticking to MBR like all sane people did.

Secure boot was a mistake

ARM netbook?

nah its a toshiba satellite

Can you wincucks be unlike your insecure operating system?

Is secure boot on?

>installed 32-bit.

Just on how many layers of irony are you on?

If you WanaCry just cry. Don't argue, because you have no argument

seems like your disk want formatted correctly during installation. Did you partition a part of your disk for /boot?

Usually you make 4 partitions, one for /boot, one for /home, one for /swap, and one for /. Do you remember what you chose? You might need to get a live disk/usb of xubuntu and just reinstall

ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2251511

Microshit Windaids mandatory UEFI booting was designed to make it difficult to dual-boot. Thanks microshit!

Disable fast boot
Disable secure boot

This. UEFI "TPP" booting requires the OS to be signed by Microsoft secret keys. If you disable these features the bios won't check for this.

>2017
>not self signing kernel and appending PK and KEK to the chain
Fucking casuals

What games are you going to play on Linux? Let me guess, you have a console?