Red pill me on Gentoo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tAb7OID5lt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Red pill

Install gentoo

Portage

>install gentoo

portage is nice, but stable is too stable and unstable isn't stable enough. There's no fedora sweet spot when it comes to package versions.

It's a waste of time unless you're using an uncommon CPU architecture.

>unstable isn't stable enough
what?

you have no idea what you are talking about

Botnet

Basically he's saying that there's nothing like the testing release of Debian, it's either the very far behind stable for say servers, or the extremely bleeding edge unstable for people with the patience to deal with potential severe issues. There's no fairly up to date version that 'just werks'. Haven't touched Gentoo so I can't comment on the veracity of this though

uninstall gentoo

Install it

>you have no idea what you are talking about

Not an argument

Is there a useflag that gives the gtk file chooser thumbnails?

Asking for a friend that fell for the install gentoo meme and wasted hours compiling chromium only to find out the file chooser is fucking useless.

Nobody actually reads the source code for their packages therefore completely eliminating the purpose of a source-based distro. It's good for showcasing your pedo wallpaper in desktop threads

SourceMage is better

I'm pretty sure SourceMage is actually dead.

You might be able to copy the path of the pic into the file chooser from a folder with thumbnails. In some file choosers you have to poke around a bit for a file path window to appear. I don't use gentoo but this works for me.

pic related

>Nobody actually reads the source code for their packages therefore completely eliminating the purpose of a source-based distro.
some people apply patches, remove features, or install their own packages, you know.

You don't need a source based distro for any of that

it makes things easier.

ok so say your distro has a package built from a github release
you forked the latest head from github and made some changes
how do you build and install this package but leaving out some features, without having to manually keep track of the fact that you installed this particular package so that you know how to uninstall it or update your installed version of it it in the future?

I am waiting.

Re-install gentoo

Archlinux has PKGBUILDs for this very reason.
You can also list all of the 'foreign' packages to get things which didn't come from official repositories.

>arch
wow yeah no thanks I want my distro to work

Arch just werks for me. I don't know what you're doing wrong.

You're actually dead!
SourceMage is only option.

It sucks

I've been using Arch for 3 years now without it bugging out in the slightest

It depends on what DE you choose. If you use something like Openbox, then yeah, you're not gonna have any issues, that's stable as a rock. I'm on Gnome and holy shit, been getting annoying bugs with updates these past two weeks. Some real stupid shit that makes Gnome crash. Obviously not the Arch dev team's fault but still.

>GNOME
Found your problem

Functions on my device

It was pretty stable until these past two weeks

REEEEEEEEEE

Local overlay. Past a certain point it's even assumed that you're running one

> unstable isn't stable enough
Yea, it is. They don't do any big experiments in there, its just poorly tested packages they got from upstream (you are who hopefully catches bugs with the other unstable users). That is a very normal level of "unstable", you can easily use this day to day on your personal computer.

is very stable and customisable
but
>compile time

INSTALL GENTOO
youtube.com/watch?v=tAb7OID5lt8

it'll work if you work it

if it doesn't work its the users fault for not making it work

not using parallel emerge

EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS

>Red pill
>>>/reddit/

just like blacks, whites complain that they don't work but that's because they abolished slavery
>inb4 Sup Forums
I'm not even being racist, I'm just saying.