Intel i9

How legit is this?
Will it eternally btfo AMD?

wccftech.com/intel-skylake-x-core-i9-7920x-7900x-7820x-7800x-x299-leaked/

What is ryzen 9

Will probably offer very very slight performance edge over ryzens with equal core count while costing 3 times more.

> Will it eternally btfo AMD?
Well, 9 is more than 7, so i9>R7. Until AMD invents at least R9, it's bankrupt and finished.

It's pretty legit.

I used to have a 5820k. Currently have a 7700k but I'm selling it and getting the 7820k. It's the entry level i9 and unlike it's 5820k counterpart, has 8c/16t

What about the 7920X?
12/24c/t, 16.5MB cache
put some good cooling on it and it'll be a monster

Looks like the marketing team shit their whitie tighties when they heard about whitehaven and this is them visibly reeling. I like intel but damn i9 is just so cringy. Bummer that this joke strat is actually going to pay off and increase the value of the same product they've released three years in a row.

why is cringey?

Looks pretty feeble on paper compared to the flagship HEDT Ryzen chip with 16c/32t and 32MB L3. No realistic amount of clock advantage is going to make up for those missing threads in the kind of workloads these chips are designed for. I guess reviewers will have to review them based on their gaymen performance instead if they want their cheque.

what kind of applications are those 16 core processors designed for anyway?
Solving large systems of linear equations or something? Scientific computing/optimization?

I understand your point. But that's why they have xeons...

>i9 naming is identical to previous i7 models
>i5 is now an i7

They just bumped numbers to make it look like something happened.

>4c/4t "totally not a renamed i5" i7
COURAGE

Oh look, new housefires.

will probably cost (((6))) gorillion each

>i9 all have 8 physical and higher cores.
>i5 still 4 cores no hyperthreading

You're a retard

The applications that make sense to spend more than $300 on a general purpose calkyulaytan chip. I want 30 cores and infinite RAM when I'm dicking around with signals in MATLAB.

>supports 44 PCIe lanes
Well... Mini super computers?
Servers?
Virtualization machines?

Any kind of decent workstation.

Worst part of this is that it works.
Why do you think Chrome ups their version counts to ridiculous numbers? Because people think larger numbers are better, it is also why Firefox capitulated and followed suit, Firefox were losing people because they were on version 4 while Chrome was on 3.

Ryzen will probably have to follow suit to just to not loose the retard market.

I see. I use gurobi/cplex optimization software, and their documentation isn't super clear on how well they can take advantage of 12+ cores

So there haven't been 8 and 10 core i7 before? Your intel fanboy shill damage control is astounding.

Also
>i5 still 4 cores no hyperthreading
see image

You're not seeing the point. You said that the it is the new i7. The i7 series now encompasses both 4c/8t and 6c/12t models. The i9 series has been made to encompass extreme processors starting with their 7820k 8c/16t processor. The only i5 that supports hyperthreading is the 7640k. It's one processor and you know it's going to jump the price a bit. Every other model is still 4 core flat.

The numbering scheme being similar to the last generation has fuck all to do with anything. There was an Intel 6700k/7700k. Most companies tend to find a number system, bud. It's nothing new.

>incucks: NO DON'T LOOK AT RYZEN WE'LL BEAT IT SOON WE PROMISE!
[pentium D levels of retardation ensues]

Ohh yeep

>implying anything other than a number bump to get retards to shell out for a 5% performance improvement
Why are you here?

>Intel: $116 billion
>AMD: $11 billion

I don't think they're too worried, friend

Yes, they are EXTREMELY worried. Same part of Intel, at very least.

That doesn't make any fucking sense you inbred. It's far more than a number bump it's an entire recategorizing and a new model entirely

>what kind of applications are those 16 core processors designed for anyway?
>Solving large systems of linear equations or something? Scientific computing/optimization?
3d rendering
compiling
fluid simulations for 3d or cad
Batch processing 30MP raw images
electrical simulations
real time raytraced viewport in 3d while working
I do all of those regularly, will take as many cores and as much ram as I can afford. Intels 4 cores is enough bullshit has stopped me upgrading since 2010. I have an old fx-8120 running on a left over AM3+ motherboard that used to have a phenom. The cpu and motherboard cost me $300 back around 2010, all the 4 core i7s offer much less than 2x the performance in multithreaded applications. The lga2011 platforms can offer 2x the performance but performance per $ is very low. If the 16 core ryzen price isn't too high I can probably reach around an 8x performance increase for a few thousand dollars.

>
>Yes, they are EXTREMELY worried. Same part of Intel, at very least.

Lol. They're not. Trust me. Ryzen already barely performs. It doesn't even really perform desu. It's what we expected. Not a let down, not an Intel killer. Fanboys are not worried about the other company. Intel has a MASSIVE userbase that wouldn't switch to AMD unless it were i7 performance ACROSS THE ENTIRE BOARD for under 250. Minimum.

Again, Intel is not worried about AMD lol. There may only be 2 options for the x86_64 market, but by all means AMD is not big fish.

>160w TDP

>Lol. They're not. Trust me. Ryzen already barely performs. It doesn't even really perform desu.
Thanks for the hot take, Ajit.

this is true, I'm not an Intel fanboy but I've bought Intel exclusively for like 10 years because for 10 years Intel has been the best at what they do.
Actually, even as a kid my dad only bought Intel. Never seen a reason to go for AMD, it just wasn't relevant. Even if AMD somehow has the same or slightly better performance than Intel, I still wouldn't switch.
So for me to buy my first ever AMD cpu would take a lot of guts / cores. ;)

>Ryzen already barely performs
>Performance almost equal to a 6950x for everywhere between 500-700€ less

t. 1700x owner that did a mild OC to 3,8Ghz and have a bit worse performance when I paid 400€ for my CPU as opposed to a 6950x that goes for 1800€ at the very least in my country.

Ryzen is incredible for workstation tasks when compared to Intels' offerings, games is the one place where it doesn't blow Intel out of the water, but performs very well regardless.

Nice damage control, Bajesh.

WOW SO MUCH GHZ MUST BE THE FASTEST!?!?

>ryzen 16 core soon
>intel response put two i7 in one package call it an i9

let's all take a moment to laugh out loud at these ryzen waitfags
amd HAS NEVER, and WILL NEVER produce a piece of technology that is on par with intel.
the only thing they can do is produce stuff that is 90% as good, and then sell it as for low prices.
>b-but just wait, the next Ryzen will btfo i9
>the next vega will btfo the Titan
>the next
>just w-wait
kek
that's all you have
the ONLY reason to buy amd is if you're poor
>b-but you're just feeding the poo/jew
kek, I get a 5k lab budget per year to buy whatever I want, thank you NSF
how's it feel knowing your tax money goes to buy me the top-of-the-line intel masterrace, while you circlejerk with your inferior amd shitware

>220W

"this is true, I'm not an Intel fanboy but... Even if AMD somehow has the same or slightly better performance than Intel, I still wouldn't switch."

DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF SHILL?

shouldn't you be spamming dickpics in a loli thread somewhere?

Then:
>hurr durr amd sux muh IPC muh TDP
Now:
>hurr durr muh ghz what are you poor

Fanboys are cancer.

itll take the charts yes but its hard to imagine intel will price this thing as it should be

>Aye yo Sup Forums come along an-a tell me what do ya see?
>Why not have a sit n listen to me?
>Where were you when THREADRIPPER came to town?
>Where were you when blue team shills all laid down?
>Oh my life changed that day, oh it did in a wonderful way!
>My downloads were pure, my code was clean
>And pumping the wife felt plenty more keen!
>The shills, no longer dumbfounded, quicky awoke!
>With a skip and a pop I ended my stroke!
>Heavens o Heavens my Dear the jewery is near!
>Come now Love Team Red never does fear.
>I rushed and waddled to Sup Forums and what did I see?
>One hundred an forty watts a total T-D-P!
>I chuckled aloud and said quite proud,
>Back to Isreal you jew for you know what's new?
>THREADRIPPER is here and your lead you now blew!

sorry, does the truth trigger you?
name 1 (one) thing in my post that's not objectively true.
>protip: you can't

>blocks your path

nothin personnel, kid

>flagship HEDT Ryzen chip with 16c/32t and 32MB L3
RIPtel

INTEL VS AMD

MOAR COARZ VS MOAR COARZ

Intel is finished m8.