HEDT Wars - These chips are HOT

These are the rumored high-end R9 and i9 chips coming this summer. Which one are you gonna choose to kill yourself from heat exhaustion with?

>Intlel's shitty TDPs on low core counts and rebadged i5s
>AMD's completely bumblefucked cryptographic naming scheme from their unpaid 3-man marketing team

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OEmO-v2R4G0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shintel's server misfits
or AyyMD's server misfits

Party like it's ryzen 1999

Do you really want to pay for an Opteron/Xeon + board, though?

>Intel 4-core: 112W
>AMD 16-core: 155W

Hell fuckin no, shit's expensive

2011-1 looks better every new Shintel release

More cores. Less Watts. Same no. of lanes. Probably cheaper.

AMD wins.

AMD measures TDP differently. Add 10-15% when comparing to Intel.

Looks like the AM4 platform is already deprecated.

>HEDT platform deprecates consumer one
Wut.

.001% of Sup Forums could even afford any of this. Better argue over it anyways

It's Holocaust™ 2 for Intel

>core iPanic

Lmao

i'll consider both but leaning amd (especially if they do the same thing they did with the r7 line and massively undercut the blue jew on price)

was eyeing an 1800x before the hedt rumours surfaced

Due to how Intel produces these chips, there's less room for failure than there is with AMD.
Intel requires a perfect die, and even then, they need it to be able to hit those clocks. So that means shit isn't cheap due to the level of perfection required, and to account for the loss of those less than perfect chips.
Meanwhile AMD just glues a bunch of CCXs together, much simpler to produce, much more room for failure, just laser away any failed cores.

> 1998
> 2017

They glue a bunch of Zeppelins. One Zeppelin contains 2 CCX.

1998 was when they started designing K8 and AMD64.
They seem to be pretty confident.

>AyyMD's server misfits
Wat? HEDT is 2 ryzen modules slapped together, while server ones are 4 modules. I don't really think that they're somehow separating best binned chips between HEDT or server.

They'll probably have 16c Opterons.

If that's true, how can you explain overheating of "91W" stock 7700k, while 95W stock ryzen 7 can work with stock cooler?

Then they are going to be 4 1500 together instead of 2 1700.

while I agree tdps between amd and intel are comparable, temperature doesn't only depend on power consumption, and the reasons the 7700k is hotter are that it is a smaller die with higher power/area and that it uses a shitty thermal interface between die and heatspreader.

No, I mean 7700k consumes waaaaay more than its rated TDP.

I'm also considering both, but leaning heavily towards AMD after seeing that the 6 and 8-core i9 chips are only going to have 28 PCIe lanes. I'd rather not spend $1,000+ for their 10-core chip just to have 44 PCIe lanes.

I guess my main worry with AMD is single-threaded performance and potential bugs. Also not sure what to expect in terms of motherboards since I've never paid much attention to AMD.

1 Intel core is as good as 2 AMD cores, Intel has nothing to worry as usual

Did you just time travel here from 2011 to say that, or are you genuinely retarded?

It might be true for uncommon AVX 256 workloads.

That explains why Intel's 8 cores lose out in 80% situations while using more power.

>vs 7700k vs 9590

what

can you change that to vs 5960X and 6900k, 6850k and so on ?
or are you just baiting with this

Intel chips way superior because AVX-512

this meme going unironically going to be real

Name one real application you use that uses AVX-512.

>real application

any of your daily apps faggot

>a feature so useless that even intelshills don't know what it's for

AVX-512 is useless garbage that has no use whatsoever in the real world.

>can you change that to vs 5960X and 6900k, 6850k and so on ?
CPUs that cost twice as much are pretty much out of the running already unless you're a retard that likes pissing away money for no reason, but here you go.

Note this also shows how embarrasingly small the single core advantage Intel currently has over AMD is. That teeny little bump on i7-7700K's single core score is all they have left.

>useless
maybe read up on AVX-512 before you rant

This is beyond desperation at this point.

All I'm hearing is that you can't name a single application that uses it.

>twice as much are pretty much out of the running already unless you're a retard that likes pissing away money for no reason,
not an argument.
Why do you keep posting comparisons 8c/16t with 4 cores with HT from Intel exactly. I asked for something else.

All I see is autism.

There's a 6900k there.

jewtel bundles 65w capable coolers, while amd gives proper 95w coolers to every cpu.

You're the one fapping to an instruction set you have no use for on a CPU you don't even own.

those Ryzen 9 names have to be a joke

Ryzen spire is 125W rated

I'm not fapping yet. Probably will once they are released.

16c/32t 155W. DELET PLS

>AMD don't cuck thei customers like intel with those sweet PCIe lanes

i like it

So it's useless trash, just like Intel chips.

>ryzen 9 1998X
>that name
>16c/32t
>quad 3200
>oc 3.8 + 100 mhz XFR
>155w

I don't see it happening. Under load this bitch will threadrip your wattage real good.

The i7-6900K is right there are you blind

>filename

TDP ≠ POWER CONSUMPTION

>not buying a 'Suez Crisis' Ryzen

POOTEL STUTTERING HOUSEFIRES

intels making house fires now lol

No, power consumption is often higher than the TDP, which is merely its rating for cooling.
Rating, not a measurement.

>TDP ≠ POWER CONSUMPTION
≠? Are you stupid?

>wat is Snowy Owl
Naples isn't everything

I quoted the wrong post.

You basicly saying it will take double the amount or what.

someone's upset I can tell.

They might have the entire power saving server features enabled, unlike the R7's and lower
Also, apparently they will be a B2 revision
Naples 32c/64t 8 channel memory tops out at 180W TDP

The 6900k is in that chart, shekelchaser. Oh and here is a comparison of the 6950X to the 1800x.

The real hilarious part is that the 16c/32t AMD HEDT CPU is ALSO going to be cheaper than the 6950X while utterly pushing its shit in.

The second shoah has begun, kiketel shekelchaser. Time to get in the oven.

you don't sound convincing at all.

16c/32t will cost enough that you will never see it in your desktop, so keep your shilling in check with reality.

16/32 is an MCM, realistically it shouldn't go over $1100 for the top chip.
It's not a monolithic chip that has shit yields, it's literally two 1800X glued together with a fancy interconnect

The Intel i7-6950X is $1,700, you absolute mong. AMD can sell a 16c/32t HEDT CPU for $1,100 and it will eat the 6950x alive.

Oh, and the 6950x is still faster than the new Skylake-X 10-core (Pic related).

TIME TO GET IN THE OVEN.

netburst 2.0

Userbenchmark is garbage and that Skylake-X doesn't have turbo enabled

I don't expect AMD to price the 16c part that aggressively since I don't think there's any way Intel can come close to touching that price point with anything relevant. I'm not sure what price AMD will choose, but it's likely to be based on Intel's pricing rather than what can realistically be achieved with the Zen CCX and Infinity Fabric.

I do agree that AMD could go as low as $1100, or possibly even $1000, though, and remain profitable. But if they can charge $1400, they probably will.

>1 skylake x engineering sample is apparently 5% slower than 6950X
>16c/32t eats 8c alive and brags about it
>Oh
are you autistic by chance and just a rampant AMD shill ?
Like, you can shill until your assholes explodes I won't buy any AMD products.

Stay mad with your inferior housefires.

>16c32t eats 8c alice and brags about it
>I won't buy AMD products
Well, you're clearly not buying a 6950X either, since you don't even know what it actually is.

But for the record, that comparison was made because the 16c32t AMD chip is going to be cheaper than a 6950X. Screenshot this, if you want.

Holy shit Intel is a fucking joke.

AMD 16c/32t would beat even two 6950X considering the fact that the 1800X is suprerior to the 6950X

Cry more, kike shekelchaser faggot.

Intel has no answer whatsoever for AMD's 16c/32t HEDT cpu. It's going to be cheaper than the 7920X, It's going to have more cores and threads, it's going to have more L3 cache, it's going to have more PCIe lanes, and it's going to be MUCH faster than the 7920X.

Skylake-X is D.O.A.

>intel fans right now

youtube.com/watch?v=OEmO-v2R4G0

>Ryzen
>14 cores
literally impossible
CCX units must have same number of cores disabled
you can also disable a whole CCX
you cannot, however, get 14 cores.
not even sure if 12 cores is possible since it's multi die.
I don't even believe AMD is going to release a HEDT platform, 1P server platform is the best you'll get and it will not have the 'ryzen' name
fake news
let me guess, you got that from wccftech, right?

It's Intel that under rates their TDP.

>the lid
DELID DELID DELID

I can tell you are a smelly third wordler trying to lower the price you don't even know yet yourself. Lmfao.

>Intel has no answer whatsoever for AMD's 16c/32t HEDT cpu

holy shit my fucking sides
this is the current state of a Rajeet shilling on Sup Forums.

>I don't even believe AMD is going to release a HEDT platform
What? It's X390/X399 and it's been known to be coming for quite awhile, as well as their Naples server platform.

8 core R7 -> 6 core R5
16 core -> 14 core

Shill switches to desperation insult mode! It's not very effective.

the only thing on my that smells like the third world is my dick from face fucking your nigger mother

IT'S FUCKING MAGIC

Please, do explain which Intel HEDT CPU has the remotest chance of being faster than a 16c/32t Zen HEDT CPU?

Because the Skylake-X 12-core isn't going to be it.

>being this mad over intel's inferior housefires
Holy shit this is hilarious

>it's been known to be coming for quite awhile
wccf-tier rumors.
AMD has never even hinted at a HEDT platform.
16 core and 12 core benchmark leaks are snowy owl 1P server platform

>8 core R7 -> 6 core R5
>16 core -> 14 core
did you see
>CCX units must have same number of cores disabled
8 core = 2 CCX
6 core = 2 CCX with 1 core disabled each
16 core = 4 CCX
14 core = impossible
12 core = 4 CCX with 1 core disabled each
10 core = maybe possible with you can disable a whole CCX in a multi die configuration

THREE
BING
BUSES

every insult has some truth to it. In that case everything applies to you.
Damn. Where'd you learn to talk like this Rajeet. Did I hit the spot with third worlder and made you uncomfortable.

yeah
the hand on fire at the end is also a nice touch
I'm surprised noone has tried to do a meme edit with it

>10 core = maybe possible with you can disable a whole CCX in a multi die configuration
no wait I'm dumb, it's also impossible.
even with 1 CCX disabled and other three had 1 core disabled it would be a 9 core.
10 core is also impossible.

I really hit the mark. He goes all out with housefires.

Welp I guess another thread derailed by fucktards spamming pajeet and shekel memes. Guess this board is a useless shithole.

faster in what? Shitting up the streets?

I guess so.

no, i just had to demonstrate to you proper shit posting. just calling people indian is lazy and boring. if you're going to troll, at least put in some effort, ya fuckin useless slacker

It's literally just one anally devastated pootel retard.

Ah, so you are conceding defeat and retreating to pure shitposting.

Thanks for playing, shekelchaser :^)