Install macOS

install macOS

Install SourceMage

i've tried hackintosh in the past but it was slow as hell to start and shut donw. Also Coudlnt get it to work on 2 monitors.
Is there a way to solve this shit? If yes I'd go for it again.

how do i install macos?

it just werks, i use 2 monitors

well it would not recognize my second one. Maybe it was my setup. Anyway, where did u download the tools, etc? Tony?

u don't need any tools, just make/download a macOS vm and download the sierra installer. there's a command u run to make a bootable usb, if ur hardware is supported u just install like normal
google a guide for ur hardware to see if u need kexts for anything

alright, im trying that next weekend. Thanks for the help user.

i forgot to mention clover, u need that to boot lol
it makes everything just werk basically

I did but my WiFi USB adapter has got no kext for it.

I did already, what else

Tell me, why is it that apple made a dark theme for applications and such, but they don't even use it?

It sucks that the dark theme is just dark menus and the top bar. I want a dark finder.

What's your hardware? CPU, mobo, GPU.

It exists in the system but you have to use code injection to enable it. IDK why it's there but I hope it'll be an option soon.

Hope so. Sierra was kind of underwhelming. Siri and 4 more features. It's like Chrome, even youtube is getting a dark theme before the fucking program.

Done.

why?

That looks good, until you visit a website with a dark background. Then the dreaded 1px horizontal bar under the address bar appears and terminates humanity

When will they actually open that puppy up and save the planet from horrendous OSs?

>> retard faggot wants to start a meme

hit me with the download link

Redpill me on MacOS, is it usable if I'm not an Apple fanboy? As in, it would be Linux + good software and a bit less freedumbs.

It has poor hardware support.

>Linux + good software and a bit less freedumbs
Yes.
>usable
No.
Much like Windows, the software is the only good thing about it, only difference is it's mostly professional creative tools and mediocre productivity tools rather than the other way around. However, unlike Windows, the windowing system is completely unusable, and unlike on Linux, it can't be changed.

Interesting, can you provide an example on the WM issues?

Example: No tiling.
That's really all I've got. But it's a big one.

As an ex-wintard and a current KDE fag, I've never really used tiling. So I should be good to go then?

I'm more worried about the bloated online/cloud features on OSX that makes Applefags pair all their Appleshit together, can I avoid them and use local/offline software instead?

The only this thats weird about macOS is that when you close a window it will not terminate the program. You have to quit from the menu bar or Apple + Q. I dont remember what that maps to on a windows keyboard

This is why screenshots don't have maximized windows usually. This shit looks stuuuupid.

Yeah I noticed that.
The problem is the price though, I was considering getting a Mac mini but not sure if worth it.

Install Arch Linux

looks comfy

uwu

It doesn't come with non-fullscreen window tiling, but you can fix this by installing Spectacle. I switched to macOS after using Xfce for several months and I feel right at home with the window management. Admittably, the only tiling I ever did were vertical 50/50 splits.

ok

> runs OSX, arguably the most polished well designed OS there is
> installs fuckugly chromium theme and custom 4chin CSS
gj

>tfw you fell for the AMD meme

Using it right now. Feels great, man.

My only wish is that GOOGLE CHROME HELPER WASN'T SUCH A NIGGER

feels good man

What monitors do you use, baby girl?

Sorry for late reply. If ur still there. Im running
>GTX 970
>i7-4790
>GA Z97

>i7 + 1070 + 16gigs for linux

eh

There are many, many solutions for windows tiling. I use Hammerspoon myself, it can do pretty much anything you want.