PCLinuxOS

what a name

arch linux because I am not a pleb

RHEL. They taught me Linux on it at work

>arch
>not pleb

But what version?

kubuntu

I hated it first, it crashed all the fucking time and when I tried to shutdown, it would hang and take like 15 minutes. Also, it was hard to get used to because all the utilities had some stupid fucking mortal kombat naming scheme where everything was like Kalkulator or some stupid shit

ended up going back to windows but I wouldn't mind trying linux again, I just haven't had any pressing desire to switch

Knoppix

Le backtrack3

debian
but i'm glad, taught me how to read

debian with gnome de

I think it was RedHat Linux (not RHEL) 4 or 5.

Fedora if I'm not mistaken

>using something else than arch
hahahahaha have fun with your slow ass linux distro :))))

Ubuntu. Back on 2011.

PS: Had problems with hardware support so the first one I used for longer was Mandrake not too long after RedHat.

Then when I wanted to run server daemons and it turned into compile hell I tried quite a lot of distros and LFS but finally arrived at Gentoo 1.4, which stuck for me.

Ubuntu as course requirement. I have no regrets for having a lecturer making Linux distros compulsory.

i don't remember, it had gnome though
i just remember hating windows ME that much where something had to change

same
switched to i3, then manjaro xfce, probably going to go to gentoo or arch next

Fedora Core 2. Dating myself a bit here.

Ubuntu 10.04

Mint, and since then I've used Ubuntu, Elementary, then never used it since.
Wouldn't mind using it, but there's nothing there that I don't already have on windows
>inb4 wincuck or some shit

Mint. The UI is very wincuck friendly and it's the distro that inspired my interest in linux.

Ubuntu. I liked unity. Not even joking.

Lindows

None, I'm not autistic

Ubuntu, when it was still on Gnome2.

ubuntu 6.04

Rounded corners on the bottom and a 1/2 pixel gap?
Disgusting/

Slax

SLACKWARE

Ubuntu 8.04.
I still like the wallpaper.

Slackware 7.0, long time ago

Suse Linux back in 2003, it was shit

Ubuntu 10.04

>lfs
>slow
ok

suse 8

Mandrake Linux

it was ass

Suse linux enterprise

Fedora Core 1

Red Hat 4.0

Ubuntu 6.06 or its xubuntu contemporary, I forget which. Modern distros have come a long way since then.

Actually, i did work a bit on Ubuntu and red hat in college but only on the most surface level, didn't learn anything from it.
They also tried to teach us a bit of bash in CS but it didn't stick, so the previous post was my first "real" experience.

Ubuntu in 2011. Then I reinstalled Windows.

Arch, it was too hard so I installed Ubuntu

Red Hat Linux 5
Not RHEL, just Red Hat 5.

Ubuntu 8.04 on those CDs from shipit.ubuntu.com that my friend gave me.

Knoppix. I used it to recover files from my at the time 8 year old Windows XP machine and that was a crack cocaine that lead to Ubuntu.

Just over a year ago started with Mint. Then Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Elementary, KDE Neon, and now I think I'm settled with Manjaro KDE.

Xandros

Well you couldn't have picked a worse year to try Ubuntu even if you tried to. It was truly utter garbage, I have used it for years by that time but it just became so horrendous with Unity back then.

First Linux at all: Kanotix (at that time a better live CD alternative to Knoppix) in 2005, in poor man's installation (chainloading ISO + loopback home partition from Win2k boot loader). It didn't support my chink network card out of the box, so I had to load its kernel module by hand after every boot.

First proper installation: Ubuntu 6.06.

1st Ubuntu Unity, around 2012; then Linux Mint XFCE, then the Cinnamon Version, then the KDE one, then Arch + KDE, then Arch + i3

ITT Linux noobs

lel.

Linux mint 15

Red Hat 7.3

SuSe Linux 9

Ubuntu ofc

Linuxmint 8

Install gentoo

>he got a Linux job without knowing Linux, they had to teach him

Why?

RedHat 8.

found the skid

Mandrake

Windows ME was entirely benign and downright wonderful compared to Intel ME.

>Dating myself

What a pretentious synonym for "fapping".

Only real answer (unless even more badass and answering "SLS Linux").

Mandrake filled the role of Ubuntu/Mint before either of the latter existed (i.e. "most noob-friendly distro").

Debian with plasma

B-but that's way in the pre-Matrix oldschool 90s era.

Red Hat 9 for a school project

some time later

Fedora 25, Debian (Jessie), Kali, CentOS, Alpine, and RemixOS. All around the same time in VMs. Again related to school or just dinking around with.

mandriva

Ubuntu 4.10 Warty

Back then spinning cubes were still cool maaaaan

Gentoo

not even meming

fedora 2

Slax

Ubuntu sadly

Ubuntu 14.04

SourceMage, still using it, works great.
You should install it.

Ubuntu for almost a year, then Debian, then Arch, then Manjaro, then Antergos, then Debian, then FreeBSD, then Debian.

Still Debian.

Corel Linux

slackware, not even virtue signaling. only used it for about a week though. tried some other random stuff like KATE, Mandriva, Puppy and i don't remember what else before settling on ubuntu back when it was 8.10.

Whatever Redhat distro was out around 10 years ago.

knoppix

holy shit was it bloated.

Debian around 2007, then jumped around the *untus, Mints, and Gentoo, with several short shots at others. while dabbling around with BSD. I now have a couple of BSD and Debian boxen and two LMDE pr0nboxen that I wanna migrate back to Debian or BSD.

a friend of mine also got a Linux admin position without knowing jack about Linux. he got the position over someone with a bunch Linux admin certificates, because his Chad superiors liked him more than the nerd. sucks for the other guy.

same here. Lubuntu 14.04 like a month after release. and this year i got rid of my last windows machine. no regrets

Ubuntu 8, I still set the login sound on every distro I image

Lol, fuck Chads (whether superior or inferior).

It was actually pretty solid. Too bad they threw in the towel at some point instead of going head ot head with Red Hat. Also Gnome was great at that time.

This. It was the first to have a liveCD if I remember correctly.

ubuntu 6.04

Ubuntu

Crunchbang rip in peace

>Red Hat
Same for me. Came in a library book.

Zorin

Fedora 21