Use Yandex

dont know

rossian botnet

I hope so or else they have all my illegal searches

Yup. As is searx.me.

>searx.me
>icon is a magnifying glass with horns and an eye pupil inside

Looks legit.

It doesn't matter. NSA gets records from the service provider itself. Use what you want.

>judging a book from its covers

>"searx" instead of "search"
>'X' glyph in Russian represents a phoneme similar to "CH" in Slavic languages which use Latin rather than Cyrillic alphabet

Nice try, Russians.

>giving a book an unsettling cover while hoping to gain trust

Yes, it's better than duckduckgo.

It's not about a 100% saftey, it's about not giving your data away on a silver plate.

It's a difference if a TLA has to make a subpoena or if you just put your pictures (full of EXIF data) directly on google+ and facebook.

to me it seems really overkill to use an inferior search engine just because google might make 0.000004 cents on your search

Well, g00gle gets a hell lot of money from controlling the interwebs. Alphabet will make skynet, mark my words.

But honestly I'm too lazy to wait 1 second more and really like googles autocomplete feature. So I guess it can't be helped. Sorry John Connor, I could have prevented it..

;__;

Yes, and it works great with SourceMage.
You should install it.

StartPage is just an anonymised Google search, so you'll get the same results and they've even started adding knowledge graph stuff if you're into that.

Have you done the Pepsi challenge on this? You'd be surprised what StartPage doesn't show. Doesn't stop me from using it, but if I really get stuck I go to Foogle and see if there's a difference. Invariably there is, sad to say.

>, so you'll get the same results
>anonymised google search
>You get the same results from a highly personalised and invasive information collection entity and search engine being anonymous than known.

How are you so stupid?

Not to say that the results you get are bad though. Works just fine.

No I haven't actually, I figured if I'm going to trust them with my searches over Google I may as well trust their claims about the results.

>"you must be logged in and have been being tracked for a certain length of time to use this service" - Google

Yeah I don't think so.

I take your point, but if you're logged into Google and use it regularly I doubt you're considering StartPage.

lite.qwant.com/
duckduckgo.com/lite/
Is there a startpage version of this?

NO. Literally, google.

ixquick any good?

I like it because results are straight from Google, but it doesn't "tailor the results" to "you" and doesn't force the locale of whatever country I am in when 99% of the time I simply want English results. Also a handy web proxy feature.

HOWEVER, it seems to have "safe" results enabled by default so disable that else you will miss some results.

maybe it's ^

how exactly does a search engine work great with a linux distribution?