Can Sup Forums vouch for the antlion mod mic?

can Sup Forums vouch for the antlion mod mic?

is it good as a secondary attachment to your headphones?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494852573&sr=8-1&keywords=zalman mic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

goys

had mine mysteriously stop functioning after about 6 months, but I liked it while it worked.

These days I've opted for a Blue Yeti table mic.

I've been using one since they came out. Is perfect, couldn't be happier.
People actually notice how nice my mic is.

Antlion a shit, Boom Pro is where it's at.

my old 4.0 uni without mute switch was great, it broke due to me not giving a shit about the cable
i got a 4.0 uni with switch recently and i have to eat the mic for my friends to hear me without mic boost, and it picks up my breathing due to where its sitting. i'm pretty sure its defective though so take that how you'd like.
i'd recommend a headphone with an equal length cable to make the setup cleaner

I had one, do not get it.

There is nothing wrong with them in terms of clarity or tech, but I want you to realize where the cable goes: the wrong side of your headset.

99.999% of all headphones out there have their jack on the left side, but the Antlion goes on the right. This creates a giant fucking annoyance that gets old really god damn quick.

I am not familiar with BoomPro, but their offering is integrated into the cable - which seems like a smart idea all things considered. However if your headphone cable is fixed, it obviously won't work.

>inb4 put the Antlion upside-down!

Falls off every god damn time with just the slightest tug on the cable.

It's meme tier. This is where reality is:

amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494852573&sr=8-1&keywords=zalman mic

Is that a clip on? Fuck clip ons unless it conforms to the shape of the cable.

yes it clips on to the cable of your headphones, and the mic's cable has little hooks to further grip the headphone cable

your better off getting a desktop mic or a separate head set than antlion

sound quality is bad and damn thing doesn't even stay on unless glue it with epoxy

Are you really this fucking stupid? The whole point of it is that you can bend it however you want.

I've had mine since it came out and I fucking love it, never get any complaints from people I talk to.

It sounds like shit, desu. My HyperX headset mic sounds way better, and that's not saying much. It's on par with iPhone headphones or the Xbox One mic. It totally works, though, but don't expect anything mindblowing out of it.

I ended up getting a desktop mic and it's way better.

Which are bullshit because they're quite large and won't clip to most headphone wires, none of my 3 headphones (Creative Aurvana Live, Sennheiser PX-100, Xiaomi Pistons 3) can hold it. I had to get a separate clip strapped to my clothing.
Can vouch for the sound quality though, everyone says they can hear me quite clear.

That piece of shit is not compatible with headphones with good, thick(Sony MDRV6 for instance is too thick) or thin, cheap cords. It's made of shitty plastic, the mic is weak as fuck and attaching to the cord cannot get the correct orientation- it's always pointed the wrong fucking way.

Anti-headset keyboard warriors constantly recommend this and other half-assed shit like the modmic because they have NO IDEA about fucking microphones.

Buy a fucking headset.

i have a antlion mod meme, neat and handy desu and decent quality
not really worth $50 or whatever they cost though

I just use my compression mic...

no it's so fucking shit it frays and breaks easy as fuck at the join

i've had fucking 3 break within 4 months

I have one and I like it. I use it with the Fidelio X2

>Boom Pro
It gave me ground loop noise because those idiots use the same ground cable for both the mic and speakers. Otherwise they would be perfect for me.

>it's always pointed the wrong fucking way
wut, you can set any orientation you want

here
I connected them to 2 different devices, one for input and other output though. I believe if you connect both to the same sound card it probably won't ground loop.