Looks like it's time for me to move to Linux permanently. This is the dumbest shit I have ever seen

Looks like it's time for me to move to Linux permanently. This is the dumbest shit I have ever seen.

What CPU do you have?

4690k, this is because of realtek's shitty sound drivers.

>All that fucking background usage
Jesus.

My XFCE Debian uses 200MBs of RAM on startup with absolute 0% CPU usage until I start firing up services.

down version? i dont have that issue....

linux's audio situation isn't that great but for other reasons, and I say this as a linux fanatic

Not sure where you got those drivers but Works On My Machine(tm).

Did you download the actual recommended sound driver from your motherboards support page on the manufacture website and not the generic one from realteks shitty website?

All fine for me thankfully, i7 7700K.

This started happening when I plugged in a USB soundcard into my computer, now my shit is all fucked up. The drivers used to work but i'm getting tired of this.

Hi OP. I'm literally on Xubuntu Live CD right now

do you still use that?
jus roll driversback or delete them

Uninstall it, restart PC, It'll reinstall / Windows Update will grab the one you need.

Or check if you have any System Restore points that were made before you plugged in that USB soundcard.

>Looks like it's time for me to move to Linux permanently.

Moving is retarded. OS don't cost anything so use the one you need most as a host then put the other or others in VMs.

Linux makes a fine host OS. I keep Windows and Linux VMs for convenience. Distro isn't important but for a host choosing a stable enterprise distro instead of edgetard shit is wise since you can keep bleeding edge toy distros in VMs with pure win resulting.

>stable enterprise distro
dumb meme. Any distro, including Arch, will just work if you're not retarded. Case in point: I have been using Arch for a year and a half, upgrading almost every day or at least once a week, checking the front page of archlinux.org before upgrading to see if there is an issue that requires manual intervention. No problems here. Super comfy.

>edgetard shit
how do you even live basing your life on Sup Forums memes?

If you can't be bothered troubleshooting Windows, Linux ain't for you m8o

This. Pic related is like the extent of any actual "maintenance" I've had to do, and that's only three commands you type, and that was like two months ago.

why does Sup Forums pretend this is hard?

Don't. Just go to 7 instead.

>Cortana uses more CPU than Steam
I think we've found the comedy gold tier OS.

>my CPU isn't used until I use it
woah son that's impressive

do you really think drivers works better in linux heh

I slightly chuckled. Loud enough to make a noise but not loud enough to be considered a laugh.

compared to Windows 10 it definitely is.

>realkek
>linux
Good luck with that, is driver were latest version on microsoft update catalog? It seems cortana doing something shaddy there too probably trying to hear from microphone.

It takes a lot of CPU power to do all that spying and data collection...

Ubuntu has realtek drivers out of the box stupid winshill

Sup Forums doesn't pretend anything. Most people here are really that retarded. There are maybe 8 people on whole Sup Forums whose knowledge goes beyond fizzbuzzing in 50 languages. And about 3 of them who are not kanker front-end webshits. It used to be different

>logitech gaming framework

Why even install realtek drivers when windows just works

>checking the front page of archlinux.org before upgrading to see if there is an issue that requires manual intervention
That's the opposite of "just works"