Mozilla volunteers uprising against the company

discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/call-for-input-open-letter-to-mozilla-leadership/13390/1

I hope they will be a dank fork that reverts all the autism the Firefox devs have been rolling out in the last couple years.

remove pajeet

I haven't been following what's been going on with Firefox for the past few years. What are they complaining about?

>moz://a

firefox might actually stop being a chrome clone

>We will keep this topic open for one week (until Saturday, 11.02.2017 early morning UTC)
My time machine worked!

Can we have a tldr? Its my understanding they fired the ceo for being non pro gay and it was around that time they started forcing a bunch of other stuff too.

>Its my understanding they fired the ceo for being non pro gay
One line was enough to mess this up.

Mozilla implemented a new company wide policy that states all employees must address each other with their preferred pronouns and share communal bathrooms. I also hear there is a lot of gay sex happening in the copier room.

hahahahahaha

Things discussed on the link:
> Too many changes in too little time leading to extension developers losing confidence in Mozilla management, with some important extensions being dropped for good.
> Not enough communication with external developers, contributors, and other related groups. News come mostly from public statements and occasional leaks.
> Mozilla Foundation delusional and believing they are still leading in web technologies/standards.
> Focused on social projects and other objectives that are unrelated to actual Firefox/Web development.
> No longer offering any innovation, now just copying what Chrome does.

tl;dr extreme edition: they fucked up.

i agree with all these points, ive made a few addons for firefox but since some dont work anymore and cant ever work again i just stopped maintaining any of them

>Also we know some of you are no longer motivated to engage in conversations
you got that fucking right. I dont feel like wasting time arguing with someone who has proven not to give a fuck about my input anymore

>Too many changes in too little time leading to extension developers...
>Not enough communication with external developers, contributors, and other related groups

This is a two-way problem, as extension developers and Mozilla-centric devs have showcased that even when Mozilla DOES throw them bones about beneficial new shit like Shumway or E10S, no one cares, and demands that Mozilla "keeps things simple", despite the fact that a Flash replacement and a multiprocess Firefox is something that SHOULD'VE become standard with loads of fanfare, E10S especially, because that brings near-parity to Chrome speed-wise

Shumway is dead, and E10S STILL isn't a mandatory compatibility target with extensions. A lot of extensions either don't work all: with a dev refusing to support it outright, barely work: with a passive-aggressive developer stating that E10S is """bleeding edge""" and will never be a major concern compared to regular development, or have been abandoned entirely with no one willing to work on E10S support themselves

Even extensions that arewee10syet insists work are only tested by themselves, and doesn't account for a cocktail of extensions (with or without userscripts) that may or may not play nice with each other if they do happen to interact. It feels like the window for E10S to be standard has already closed, mostly because it's a feature that should've existed way sooner before people got comfy

>I am an old connoisseur of the history of Mozilla

I don't feel like contributing to a project that has abandoned meritocracy for cultural marxism. Simple as that.

they remove features and dont implement ways to do what you used to be able to (mainly customisation beyond css). the thing is if something gets replaced but no one needs to embrace it, why should they when performance isnt hindered that much?

I like the direction firefox is headed. Mozilla has been trying to keep everyone happy for years and it didn't work it just resulted in an obsolete technologies sticking around for too long. Mozilla doesn't maintain addons and shouldn't be required to keep compatibility with them at the cost of their own browser. They've put up with this trash addon architecture for too long imo, they should have started this years ago and already phased them out.

I closed the tab the moment I read that lmfao

i want to know this too -- what are the biggest problems with firefox that they want the leadership to fix?

You mean pale moon?

there's literally no reason to use firefox if not for addons

if pale moon wasn't so fucking slow it would be the best

>complaining about free software
This is literally illegal.

Firefox will still have addons afterward. It will be just as capable as any other browser that implements webextensions. Plus it's completely FOSS and has an organization like Mozilla backing it who will not sell your browsing history or subject you to binary blobs that records your mic like a certain other browser. Plus the APIs aren't even finalized Mozilla is adding the ability to modify the browser chrome to their implementation of the standard. It will be possible to implement things like tree style tabs in their implementation.

>shilling a company that puts allows DRM plugins and implements EME

fuck off you fucking poser, GNU Icecat is the only real free browser

Mozilla will die a slow and painfully sad death as the sjw plague teasr apart it's festering corpse right before we all slip into the botnet.

The rules on branding makes it proprietary software.

it's already kill

In his defense, he first apologizes for poor English skills and posts the message in Spanish below. It's probably actually just bad phrasing and not trying to be a hipster.

Firefox respects your freedoms. If you don't like it, fork it. You are not allowed to complain about it. The devs aren't your employees, they're freedom loving hackers. You don't own them and have no say in what they put out.

>Firefox respects your freedoms.

so supporting DRM is supporting your freedoms? read stallman.org and then kys you shill

you type and sound like a cucked autistic child in deep needs.

MOZILLA CORP. WAS FOUNDED 10 YEARS AGO: muh sjw foundation is a cuckware mirror for cretin cucks like you.

They get millions for collaborating with google.

mozilla should die right now , like the cucks like (((YOU)))
shill.

Firefox could rm -rf your drive and it would still respect your freedoms. If you don't like it, fork it.

>t. Jewgle shill

>Firefox could rm -rf your drive

what does this mean?
is this something you run from the command prompt?

Do you hate Firefox for supporting Adobe Flash too?

Not that user, but supporting flash is worse than drm.

icecat 54 windows build when

Flash is DRM but the thing is Mozilla doesn't endorse using it they just put up with it because there are too many things that require it. The DRM plugins are handled basically the same way. They support them but they don't ship with them or endorse using them.

>mfw firefox and "edge" is at 10% still

>and has an organization like Mozilla backing it who will not sell your browsing history
>default search engine is Yahoo
>it was previously google
nah, they just make deals with others to do that for them

You mean like literally every other browser? No one is forcing you to use those search engines.

any good search engine recommendation ?
searx.me results aren't always very good, ddgo is rumoured to be a botnet

>> Focused on social projects and other objectives that are unrelated to actual Firefox/Web development.

This is really what bothers me. Mozilla has limited resources, and they are squandered on frivolous things.
Firefox has fallen behind the curve. They are no longer the most standards-compliant browser, like they used to be; even Internet Explorer is more compliant these days.

Mozilla dominated the browser scene for a long time. I don't know if it's that they got complacent, or if they wasted all of their resources on social projects, but they have fallen behind.

I use startpage which is google results but it can be pretty slow at times. I don't know if DDG is even any better than google but the site is fast and tends to give decent results.

Gays took over Mozilla, got rid of the leadership, and blow all their money on social initiatives that have absolutely nothing to do with the goals of the foundation.

Free software is "cultural Marxism"
"Meritocracy" is your typical sweatshop

Have fun programming corporate applications in java

Okay, then
>Complaining on proprietary software

They don't care about your input. You should've known better

but user, removing slave and master is more important than delivering a solid product. we don't want to offend code anymore. those poor 0's under the slave flag have to stop being oppressed by the master 1's.

The investors are the real SJW, they'll just move their capital to another fragile inbred male safespace and ruin if from the inside

i thought diversity increases their strength and code quality? that it didn't matter if the applicant was competent but rather if they contained a non-white vagina and went by the name of pajeet. you're telling me all those women and pajeets they imported isn't actually working out?

>Complaining on proprietary software
How do you do that, sit on a Windows disc and yell for vegan curry?

>Mozilla's CEO is a white male
>Google's CEO is an Indian
Guess which corporation's browser is the current market leader

They got lazy
See
>> Mozilla Foundation delusional and believing they are still leading in web technologies/standards.
Theyre completely delusional. They think theyre still 'winning' so they can afford to fuck around. Unless someone sane steps in and brings the company back to basics and what they use to be about, there is no end in the downwards spiral

Hello brazilian fellow.

Recently Mozilla has been fixing itself though by focusing on security after it's browser had become the literal laughing stock of the internet when pwn2own dropped it from the contest as 'too easy'.

The work on Servo and their sandboxing is pretty good, plus parallel tabs. Everything else they are doing is stupid juvenile horseshit pushing failed social causes and wasting money on liberal asshattery.

For example buying Pocket was a gigantic waste of money. Does anybody here actually use that?

They also gave up on their mobile OS too fast. I would have taken money from Google (Mozilla refuses money from them now which is asinine) and made a tiny department solely dedicated to reversing old phone binaries so Firefox OS could run on those instead of trying to manufacture their own phone.

I would also fire all diversity coaches, diversity leaders, "evangelists" and other dead weight. Simply remove the names, ages and any race information from applications. Merit based hiring

>I would also fire all diversity coaches, diversity leaders, "evangelists" and other dead weight. Simply remove the names, ages and any race information from applications. Merit based hiring
That would be sexist because they would be able to get away with sexist descrimination from institutionalized sexism in academia. Also they can tell whos a white male or not from their 6th sense and third eye.
We NEED to root out white males so society can function correctly.