Didn't get accepted into Comp Eng or Comp Sci this year

>Didn't get accepted into Comp Eng or Comp Sci this year
>Have to be a NEET for 1+ more years
Do I need a degree or should I try learning programming + webdev on my own? Then build a portfolio.

Learn programming / web development and then go to Uni

If you are having a hard time to get accepted enroll in Community College and transfer in a year. Better than being a NEET.

Apply as some bullshit major like philosophy and they try to change majors after getting good grades yohr first year.

This is, of course, if you are even capable of getting good grades, which I doubt or you would have been accepted in the first place. So you might as well kys.

Also

This, I had to do the britbong equivalent (HND for a year to get enough UCAS points) and it was worth it.

Well, I ended up dropping out because I'm a shit head, but it would've been worth it.

Spend this time learning /falling in love with mathematics

Goto a Community College and transfer if your too retarded for uni.

>tfw my CS degree is theoretical CS
bueno

Waste of time and money.

Just go to community college dude. They take anyone with a high school degree and it's cheaper. Mine has a deal set up with local colleges that guarantee I'll be accepted after CC is done.

Feels good man. I'm going to a state school that's seems to just churns out wage slaves. Can't wait to get into the theory classes though

>wants a degree in programming
>hasn't done any programming
College isn't to teach you how to program, it's to make you a better programmer. You don't go to a fucking art school drawing stick figures.
Learn to program on your own, get knowledge and build a portfolio, then go to college.

>degree
when everyone wants 4+y experience
learn stuff yourself and make shit up about having experience

How in the hell do you not get accepted to fucking college man?

Maybe just tone down your aspirations abit alright shit not everybody is meant for Harvard.

Yeah except I got fucked by an extra B in math. Have to get in on another major and switch back to CS once I'm there.

computer science is not engineering but i'm incredulous as to why you memesters think it's impossible to study computing empirically. this is how the overwhelming majority of progress is made in e.g., machine learning

How do you fail so hard? You tried to get to st. petersburg nigga?
Anyway. If not exceptionally talented, which seems to be your case, just take the year to prepair for uni. Buy some books on discrete math, calculus and learn something.

Might have as well gone for pure math. You will end up competing with pure math grads anyway. And they will absoluty rek your shit. Unless of course you want to be a code monkey, then good choice.

No I won't end up competing with them, I'm working with model checking and formal verification of reactive systems (i.e. real-time systems).

This is yet another case of Sup Forums not knowing what they are talking about.

Good for you. Avionics is mostly safe, not for long though.
Data analysis. Finance. ML. It's where the money is, it's where the math grads that are too dumb to stay in academia go

Nice opinions you got there. Care to tell me where I can subscribe to your blog.

You should know most of what you are gonna learn in uni before you get there

UW?