Used to think learning another language was pointless but I think I'm going to give it a go anyhow...

Used to think learning another language was pointless but I think I'm going to give it a go anyhow, it's supposed to be good for your brain and all that jazz and will be interesting.

At the minute I'm thinking the only ones worth learning are French, Spanish and German. Which of these 3 do you think I should learn?

Sidenote: I did do French for 3 years at school but only ever got to a basic level and can only remember about 10 words at best now

Pic not really related but didn't have anything relevant to attach

learn madarin

>I can only remember about 10 words at best now

Since your mother tongue is English, I think you can understand hundreds and hundreds and thousands and thousands of French words

All useless because French and Germans speak English and no spic country is worth visiting save Spain.

Learn Chinese for the job opportunities, seriously. That and China is awesome to visit.

it's a good thing he printed the name of the country on his flag
otherwise i might have got it wrong

Good thing you put that blue stripe on your flag otherwise people might have thought you were Denmark.

This has to be bait.

>French speak English
>
>
>
>
>
>

Translation: All the German and French people that I met in America spoke English.

That's a fair point, would French be considerably easier than the others though? I'm sure there's also similarities with German and Spanish too
>mandarin
'no'
I have no plans to visit or work in China and I hate all chinkies
Not to mention it's going to be 10x harder than the others

And then there's Quebecois who speak neither.

>in America

Are you baiting me

>German

Well, your language is Germanic (in theory) after all

Currently learning both Spanish and French, and Spanish seems much easier to me. I like literal translations, and French seems to fuck around too much and it confuses me. For example, the translation for 'What is this?' (Qu'est-ce que c'est?) literally translates to something like 'What is this that it is?'. Sort it out Frenchies, get rid of all those pointless words.

I meant to reply to the burger

You can also say "Qu'est-ce ?" (more formal), though.

>mfw aujourd'hui (today) literally means "at the day of today"
>uncultured Frenchmen even say "au jour d'aujourd'hui", i.e. "at the day of at the day of today"

nah

if you don't have a reason to learn a language, you won't learn.

Get the Duolingo app.

yes. he at least knows several hundred, and could guess twice that again (if written.)

We literally have French sayings in English. kek.

Jej

For example ?