What is this Sup Forums? It was my great grandfather's who foyght for Germany in WW2. Should I sell it?

What is this Sup Forums? It was my great grandfather's who foyght for Germany in WW2. Should I sell it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rtFX3JBYsIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This looks cool keep it for yourself..

Yeah but it has a swastika on it

People might get the wrong idea

Sell it, don't listen to germanboos

Pretty obvious an iron cross.

Amerikans loved taking them homeas souvenirs, worth about 65-80Euros depending on where it was made

Thanks family

Why the fuck would you sell something that priceless

Who the fuck cares dude it still looks fucking cool..

Thats a fucking iron cross, big german military award, kinda like a metal of honor

>Grandfather fought FOR Germans in WW2
>I want to sell this medal

Not even a naziboo but why would you do this?

>Who the fuck cares
most people

there were about 3 million of those. not exactly a big medal. that was the ritterkreuz.

make michael harriston feel proud of you

No, most people don't give a fuck, it's just an old medal that belonged to a family member. Only a retard would equate it with your being a nazi.

It's an iron cross, that one looks like a replica of a medal Hitler mass produced for his soldiers. It actually comes from the cross Teutonic knights used, most knights had some sort of a cross symbol, the one that widens at the ends was Teutonic version.

Long story short, it's supposed to represent bravery, strength, and excellence in combat.

I am ashamed of my great grandfather tbqh

Who cares about other people's opinions on your heritage.

Well, should he be proud of his grandson who is afraid of a medal ? Stop being a pussy

(you)

His grandson didn't murder countless people in a war he couldn't win, then escaped to America when things got heated. I think his grandson is fine compared to him

>the wrong idea

Looks like your grandfather was a NINJA! Keep that shit in hand, in case of dindus.

Well, yeah, killing and looting the guys fighting for good in the world is kinda horrible.

>the wrong idea

>the wrong idea

his grandfather only did what he was told to do and he likely didnt know the outcome although it probably looked good early on,

what the fuck is this

dont be, he fought in the greatest war in history. Its not hes fault where he was born

>examining the past through the moral scope of the present

works every time

>Groats
>civilized

Why would you sell it?

are you in highschool? attach it to your uniform and do a hitler salute for a minute during homeroom. Adress your superiors in high german.

Well, actually our firefighters still use these helmets... just put on another paint, put on a visor and a neck protection and good for fighting fire instead of commies.

I wouldn't, it would be cool af if had something like that, but my euro anestors were spanish/italians cowards fleeing war......

funfact: my dad has a German helmet that he reformed to use with his motocycle

pic related: argentine army in the 30-40s

My grandfather also gave me this, should I sell it?

I'll buy it

I found this in my great grandfather's basement.
It had a note atached to it saying that anyone who picks up the relic is automatically indebted to a certain bank account.

cuck :^)

>moot will never execute you

>tfw after grandfather that never talked about war died we found a close combat medal
>tfw nobody has an idea where he got this from and everyone thought he was just a mechanic for the Luftwaffe

I would suck dicks 24 hs at day for a month to get a nazi uniform (plus if it's an SS one) 2bh

Oh yes everyone wanted a European war and to exterminate Jews in 1940. War is one thing, genocide and ethnic cleansing is another

How much for it?

Yeah those stupid bigots might think he was a nazi whokilled6millionjews

I think your grandfather was a cuck

Look at those lightenings, he probably was some kind of electrician

nono, it's the uniform of le resistance

That's mine and you owe me 6,000,000 pesos for it. Pay up or I'll send refugees.

fuck off cuck, you should be proud of your heritage

Does anyone else here have WW2 guns?

Ahah, jokes on you! We don't use that currency.
Actually, our currency covers that debt with excess so now you are the one who owes me money. I hope you like 11% interest ratio eheheh

ahhh the gunfag had to appear...

The Springfield is possibly to most ugly bolt action rifle in existence

if you sold it, that would be the equivalent of someone selling their grandfathers medal of honor. besides why would you sell such a priceless heirloom.

Mine starting with mine?

My dads side was german and my mom's side was AFRICAN-American

Agreed

Wow, one of my great grandfather who is Japanese (I'm 1/4 Jap) was part of the imperial guard, my mother said he got it after he helped put down a rebellion against the emperor has a collection. Should I sell it? I'll try to find them

That iron cross coukd have been awarded to a civilian. There are multiple ranks of iron crosses and that one in the OP is one of the low ranking ones.

Is this acceptable in your country?

youtube.com/watch?v=rtFX3JBYsIg

do you have a nazi uniform? if so, yes

Also, I have some cool imperial navy stuff from my ancestors. Too bad their at my parents house in California

They're* also, how much would they be worth, I don't care about my family's honor

>He only did what he was told too

Fuck, I hope he suffered a painful death

Ok Portugal you asked for it, refugees welcome

Seeing Germany now is painful enough

No but my great grandfather had many medals from his service in the Pacific and Burma he was awarded a Gallantry Cross as well as others. He also took a Japanese soldiers hat as a souvenir in a POW camp.

I have ww2 Japanese naval officer and an imperial guard uniform I'd trade in exchange for some steam games. And some other stuff. Btw, im not sure about the imperial guard one, don't know if it's army it imperia guard

I would like to move somewhere else just so I could own a thompson

I thought they were all killed in Berlin?

no sorry, I only like nazi or polish stuff

Lol, aren't the poles the ones who rode horses against tanks

How much for the Gallantry Cross?

that's nazi propaganda

I was joking around with that Argie but it'd never be for sale. I respect my great grandfathers commitment to his duty and country, it would be an insult to sell them. hope OP doesn't do the same.

Probably not.
Even we had cavalry devisions during WW2. If a tank showed up I am pretty sure they did everything they could to stop/destroy it.

Looks like he was a ventilator vendor, junk it

Ah, alright. Good choice. I think selling the medals your ancestors earned with sweat and blood is disgraceful. Sadly, mine didn't have any or they're just lost, who knows.
I'm just really interested in medals and thinking of starting a collection.

even if they used their cavalry I don't think it was against tanks (which could have been useless anyway)

You know I actually own a Stalhelm and Iron cross...

>even if they used their cavalry
They damn sure did.

>I don't think it was against tanks (which could have been useless anyway)

Well, as I said: just imagine a battle and there is a tank showing up. What are you going to do? Just run away like an Italian?
Even if a chance of destroying it was pretty low without the right weaponry, keep in mind they did not fight against Tiger tanks or what ever, but really early, shitty ones. A well placed grenade on the tracks/air intake what ever could have been enough to at least stop the tank.

that won't happen anyway.

>What are you going to do? Just run away like an Italian?
no, poles had too much honor for that, unlike italians.
But every Pole with who I have spoken told me they didn't fight the tanks with horses...

That's the voodoo charm he used to store his soul before the frogs got him.

They should, OP is a Nazi.

I'm kidding, silly! I also own a license plate from a German armored vehicle that some Lithuanian guy found rotting away in the forest there, I found a picture of the actual vehicle during the war with the crew it's pretty interesting to see them all standing around it smiling. I also have an officer cap from a german in ww2, name inside says Schroeder I think but I'm not home so I cant check

that's a free gaimu

>But every Pole with who I have spoken told me they didn't fight the tanks with horses...

Well, they were retards then.
They did use cavalry just like us.
The chance they met a tank are very, very high.
And as you said they probably tried to do something against the tank.

>they were retards then
[Citation needed]
>They did use cavalry just like us
sure, it doesn't means they used it against the tanks
>And as you said they probably tried to do something against the tank.
again, it doesn't means they used horses

We went there with like 3.600 tanks that pretty much pushed through their lines. I am pretty damn sure they seen one. And even Poles can probably figure out that attacking a tank on a horse (way faster and higher position) is smarter than attaking it on foot.

>we went there
you weren't even a project then
>I am pretty damn sure they seen one
speculation 1
>And even Poles can probably figure out that attacking a tank on a horse (way faster and higher position) is smarter than attaking it on foot.
speculation 2

give a real source other than your opinion and we can talk, until then, it's your word against theirs, and I'm not even sure you're a German in first place.

>burger
>nazi great grandfather
Cell that piece of crap for millions dawg.

Well, pic related. Polish Ulan with an anti tank rifle. What do you think he did with it? Hunted rabbits for dinner?

now you got some source, it would be nice if you ask this in V4 or /polska/ to see what they say

mi libro...

They dismounted for combat. They fought as basically dragoons, using the horses for mobility but acting as infantry in battle. On the other hand they could also charge enemy infantry and did so successfully on numerous occasions.

it makes sense

What actually happened in the supposed tank-charging incident was a squadron of uhlans attacking and mostly routing some German infantry and a truck column, but retreated when tanks/armored cars showed up a little later. Then afterwards an Italian journalist arrived and took some pics of dead cavalry and wrote about a heroic Polish charge v. tanks. I don't remember whether he came up with the story himself or if he got it from the Germans. It suited the German narrative so they propagandized it and later the Soviets and the post-war Polish communist government used it as an example of how supposedly retarded the pre-war burgeoise 2nd Polish Republic really was.

Melt it down and make a MLP statue out of it